TerraEarth Forums

Get paid to search the Internet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willow
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 1,000

PostWillow Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:23 am   Post subject: Get paid to search the Internet? Reply with quote

I was looking through some of my buddies' away messages a few days back on AIM and was stunned to read:

"Sign up for netbux and pay-pup to make money searching the web. These are my referral IDs, and I promise they BOTH work. SIGN UP!"

o_รด

That's right. Lift that eyebrow. I did.

Essentially, you receive 2 cents for every search that you complete through their site- when you have amassed 50 dollars or more, they send you a check via PayPal. Granted, you can only, at most, make $1 a day- this means that if you made 50 searches through the site everyday for 50 days, you would then get your payment. Who has time for that?

Let's say you get a friend or two as referrals. You then get 2 cents when they get 2 cents (:o crazy, huh?). If both your referral and you complete 50 searches a day, that's less than a month for you to reach your goal!

They get the most out of this because most people don't ever reach that 50 dollar limit before giving up- we'll show them! So far I've amassed almost a dollar (not a great amount, I realize) just by having Pay-Pup set as my homepage. Another great feature of this site is that it allows you to experiment with lots of different search options and sites, all at the click of a button. Don't like google? Cool, they've got a great number of other search engines that you can use through them. They've also got a Weather.com and eBay search capabilities! :o

Click HERE to sign up today!

~ Willow ~

Remember!!! The referral system is based off of your referral's IP address! If your referral joins up under your account number at his or her house and then decides that he or she will do all of his or her searching from another location- you won't get the credit you deserve! Be sure when you sign up that you do so on the computer from which you will be doing the most searching! :D (for most of you, that means at HOME, not at SCHOOL or WORK)

The Original MIDI Archive
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf? You're nuts

Mods: Sent this thread to Spam Central unless you decided to do so!

Gems 1,000

PostWillow Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be rude, but I can, at best, attempt to understand what it was that you were trying to say there...

You think that this should have been moved to the spam central board? In actuality, I wanted to see if anyone had been involved in any of these so-called "scams" (IE: free iPods, etc.). I know that our boxxleman here has successfully recieved an iPod, speaking of which.

In my mind, I saw more conversation coming out of this than let's say if some dimwitted baboon just start spewing blarg blarg click here give me money! in here. If I had intended to "spam," I assure you, I would have done a much better job. =P

~ Willow ~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....
Before I change my ISP, I received too many 'quick cash' offer emails or continue seeing more freebie offers through internet (yes, I did run into some 'free PSP' banners). All things they want from you is your money or private information. Email is large part of scammer's tools since dawn of internet.

I do notice they ask for bank accounts so I easily avoid them.

Boxxleman did got free Ipod? That's just disturbed

I dont want to sit down and do lazy work like that. I'm rather do hard way to collect honest money.

Gems 1,000

PostWillow Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the thing is, you wouldn't be doing anything different than what you already do everyday- search the Internet. In the case of this program, if you will, you're getting paid to do just that. They don't ask for a bank account they ask for a paypal account. I have not received any spam from these people and this is by no means "quick cash." If you do this by yourself, as I outlined above, it could take up to 2 months to complete (and that's if you did 50 searches a day). With referrals, however, you could double, tripple, or quadruple that rate of pay!

Something to think about anyway.

~ Willow ~

Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I make more money by working. And I don't have to get 4 other people to help me to make it worthwhile.

Definitely not my thing.

eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to enter the discussion because I personally don't beleive in this sort of things. Your opinions might be different and I accept that.

However, this topic has been moved to Spam Central on the count of it being promotion for a product. (A product can be anything from a website to a link to an eBay page where you want to sell your stuffed animal) General Discussion isn't meant for this kind of discussion.

You are free to continue your thread here.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure if I should move it last night, but then it dawned on me to do so this morning before I went to school Razz Thanks Flare.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heh .. well, I made 4.00 on netbux already.

I wouldn't do the ones that make you sign up for offers, though, unless it's something easy and free like signing up to ebay.

Cool places i've gotten free stuff from:

http://www.memolink.com/ - (they give you points to visit sites and sign up for things, take surveys, etc - just signing up for ebay gives you over 8000 points. What do you use the points for? free stuff and cash of course!)

I had over 100,000 points, and so I chose a $50 walmart giftcard and a donation to the tsunami victims. You can use the giftcard online, but I don't know what to get yet. I was thinking maybe a zelda game like 4 swords adventures.

http://new5.mysurvey.com/ - (this is another site that gives you points that you can redeem for cash and free stuff. You take surveys, and you get a certain number of points. The most I got from them was a $10 check.)

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Willow

Gems 1,000

PostWillow Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame-a-on-a-me-a. Yeah...-a.

Apparently both netbux and pay-pup are [censored] and copped out when their site hits grew exponentially and thus their pocket book was equally accelerated in the negative numbers. :o

With that said, I have a sort of half apology to make on behalf of this thread or what have you. It was a great opportunity to get paid for doing something we all seem to do for free, though in this case...more people saw it my way and ran both sites into the ground. :P

I'm sorry for anyone whose time was squandered by this group.

---

I looked at those links that you showed, ts- interesting indeed. If I had 40 bucks to blow, I'd look at that paidsurvey group or what have you. Unfortunately, I already have an eBay account. :<

~ Willow~

blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

eFlare wrote:
I'm not going to enter the discussion.

TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have nothing more to say. You all do know I am the richest and most attractive person on Earth, right?

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Coz

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know you can earn money with that stuff but there are catches.. like for example, they only want certain kind of people, the kind of people who buys so they know what they buy :p

BTW Aoiga, are you also the most generous(or at least generous) person on earth? If so... give me money! I demand it! Hmm.. money.. Very Happy
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself sorta generous.

Like, if someone asks me for money, I might give them some but I won't be mean to them about it.

Usually I just avoid people who might ask for money from me all together. Very Happy

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Coz

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't avoid me...

I have got a tracker on you Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: