TerraEarth Forums

Browser Preference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What browser do you use mainly?
Microsoft Internet Explorer
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Mozilla Firefox
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Netscape
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mozilla
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Avant Browser
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Opera Web Browser
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Safari
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MSN Explorer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other...(specify in your reply)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:31 pm   Post subject: Browser Preference Reply with quote

What browser do you prefer, and why?

And don't come with some bullshit reason like "I use Firefox, because IE suck" - some real good reasons, people.

These are the results of the statistics gathered on Strip Dir with a Nedstat counter. Statistics based on 1,667,561*ยน requests:
  1. Internet Explorer 6.x
    60.0 %
  2. Mozilla Firefox 1.x
    31.4 %
  3. Safari 1.x
    3.1 %
  4. Internet Explorer 5.x
    2.4 %
  5. Netscape 7.x
    1.4 %
  6. Mozilla Firefox 1.0
    1.0 %
  7. Mozilla 1.x
    0.7 %

For myself:

I use Internet Explorer. I do not care about the whole Firefox rage. I never had any trouble with Internet Explorer. If you get spyware when you surf on the web, than that's your own damn fault! If you know what you're doing it doesn't matter what browser you're using. Internet Explorer in my (and your) root. It's faith full and well known look make it a pleasant browser to use. I've used Internet Explorer since Version 4, never had a single problem.

I do have Firefox installed. This is because some websites have stupid "protections" that makes the site look all f'ed up when you use Internet Explorer. "Helping the revolution".... my ass. Firefox has tighter rules when it comes to W3C coding (W3C is the company that sets the standards for all web languages [HTML, CSS, JScript, etc..]). I mainly use Firefox to test if my websites (when still in development) also work well in Firefox, for those greedy Fox users. As much as I hate the "going with the flow" mentality, I develop my websites to be as compatible with any visitor, no matter what their choices of software are.

*1) This number is based on the amount of requests made up to May 14th, 2005 at 23:25 (GMT+2) - Click the number for more recent statistics
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Firefox. At first, it was just because my brother insisted it was so great, and it was to stop his bitching. I really don't have a preference between the two, I just use Firefox because I can use it to remember my login and passwords for some things without having to put it back in. With some stuff for school that I don't remember, it's just more convenient to have it there for me.

I still use IE for stuff that takes Java though, since Firefox doesn't seem to work well. That's mainly game sites and stuff.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox. I've had a lot of problems with IE in the past, so I asked Freedan and Joan what they used (since they were on at the time) and they both said "Firefox." I tried it, and, to me, the layout is a bit nicer than IE. Though the Java thing makes me mad. That's when I'll bust out IE.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox, gotta love the integrated Popup Blocker and tabbed browsing. Very Happy
Level 8: Amarante

Resident

Gems 6,006

PostTerraHero Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I use IE

i got 5years of experience with it so far, i never had any problems with it. And i got diff programs to block pop-ups and spyware at teh same time.

I dont really have any need to change my browser.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox, cuz I like the tabbing...
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

firefox ... the tabbed browsing rules Very Happy
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozilla Firefox. I use it to browsing anywhere in internet (it's perfect if had email notifier feature available). But I use IE for Windows updates, java games like bionicle adventure game, or somewhere requested for IE usage.
I dislike IE due lack of features which firefox or other advanced browsers had. I simply avoid or use IE a little for my computer's protection. Sorry, eFlare.

I heard about new Internet Explorer 7.0 now had tabbed browsing features.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx

Beta version of IE 7.0 is scheduled to be available this summer.

Happy to heard that IE7 news, eFlare?
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan-Michele wrote:
Firefox, gotta love the integrated Popup Blocker and tabbed browsing. Very Happy
Although this is true, netscape does those as well. Well, I know it does tabbed browsing anyway.

I like firefox because it's free and light and mobile feeling. Not to mention all the neat plugins you can add and how dedicated the developers are besides obvious draws like tabbed browsing and enhanced spyware/adware blockers.

That, and a friend told me that it is actually IE that messes up CSS, not Netscape or Firefox.

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Axe Kazama

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

IE, cause I couldn't give two flying shits how great other browsers.
Its an internet browser not a fucking religion, so everybody saying that Firefox is the new way to go can suck my left nut, cause I don't have the energy or patience to install any new browsers on my computer

Have a nice day Smile
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, who said it was a religion? Angel

all i cares about is tabbed browsing ... with IE i used to open up an abundance of new windows Neutral
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

About what you sayd eFlare about firefox being tighter..

Actually internet explorer tried to set their own standards. At first, pages where either seen better with Netscape or IE. Then IE dominated the market, and refused to complain to standards. Just as there are things that don't work properly with IE but do work well with Firefox, there are things the other way around, and now that people are changing their sites so they can be seen properly with standards.. IE shouldn't have been the way it is since the beginning.

I do use firefox. I used mozilla before it, and before it Netscape... I have had my share of using IE because it's the default web browser in Windows.

The reason I use firefox currently it's because of tabbed browsing, integrated search and the plugins aviable which I use extensively. It's hard to go back to non-tabbed browsing now..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: