TerraEarth Forums

Nintendo on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostGuest Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:14 pm   Post subject: Nintendo on Reply with quote

Anybody seen this? Its this really good looking fake of nintendos new console.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578p1.html

I thought it was real ...
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that video. It's well done and looks cool and all, but there are a few spots that made me question the idea.

- The "only 30 seconds" bit that was there; load in a game and wait 30 seconds for it to boot up? Load in a DVD and wait 30 seconds for it to start? Doesn't say what the 30 seconds mean.

- The "make games" idea. Sounds awesome, but really.... that could cost a fortune to implement, giving players all the pieces they need to make their own game. Not to mention the effect it could have on game sales. And if it does allow players to make their own games; would the average player really be able to put together an entire game on their own? It takes teams of people years to make a game these days. Maybe if it's a kind of editor for the game (like a level editor or something), that might make a bit more sense; making your own maps for a MarioKart game or something.

- Also, the bit where you have to walk to make your character walk. Imagine playing a Metroid game, running from a group of space pirates, and slamming in to your bedroom wall. Knocked out

^ Those are all just design issues though. Doesn't take away from the fact that whoever made the video is pretty talented.

-

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nintendo logo with the reflection at the beginning... I learned how to do that in my photoshop class. Very Happy

And with Peach's castle... that was a lot of clone stamps. XD

A lot of this kind of stuff happens before E3, especially when they're releasing info on new consoles. People make up what they think the new systems will be like, and fool a lot of people with their "designs". The movie also looked like the commercial/info thing for when the DS came out (the boxes flying around), about how it works, etc.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
TerraHero
Level 8: Amarante

Resident

Gems 6,006

PostTerraHero Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very ahrd to create a game from scratch. Even with alot of people.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool video, the Nintendo history remindet me on how old I am....N64 came out 1995....THATS 10 YEARS AGO!!!

Sad

Well, I fooled my brother with the video...

Bro: 'Wow, looks interesting'
Me: 'Yeah, too bad its a fake'
Bro: 'Crap Mad '
Hydra.7

Gems 1,000
Location: Someone told me Earth, but I don't believe them. c:

PostHydra.7 Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:33 pm   Post subject: Wahhhh!!!! Reply with quote

Don't say that!!! It makes my feel old...

PHONIE!!! Mad
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, has it really been a decade? Geez, I was eight when it came out... boy, I sure remember how much fun I had killing my friends off left and right.

SBiF

PS: I meant in Goldeneye. =P
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: