TerraEarth Forums

IoG Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willow
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 1,000

PostWillow Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:
By the way, anyone else use Shadow's Soul item as a defense in battle? It's good for dodging some things...

Duh~ I thought that that's what you were SUPPOSED to use, at least in the last battle, anyway.

~ Willow ~

The Original MIDI Archive
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have a hell of a time surviving without it. Those lasers are a royal pain.

Dark Samurai
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:
No, just FFTA and FFXII. And no. FF:SW is NOT final fantasy. They've built up staples over the years. In modern times, people would freak out if there was an FF without the following:
Cid.
Summon Monsters.
Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder or whatever they are this year.
Chocobos.
Airships.
And FF:SW only has Sid. Unless the spaceships are the airships... and the spirits Aki is collecting are the summons... But there's still no trinity of elemental spells (quadra in FFX), and there's no chocobo.
Argh... *starts trying to shovel the Final Fantasy out of his beautiful IoG thread*

But FFT and FFTA are related by Ivalince as Rainichi said and FFXII is going to be in Ivalince and FFXII is being made by the people that made FFTA.

And secondly it seems like you're one of those people that freak out about FF:SW

Last edited by Dark Samurai on Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Samurai wrote:
PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:
No, just FFTA and FFXII. And no. FF:SW is NOT final fantasy. They've built up staples over the years. In modern times, people would freak out if there was an FF without the following:
Cid.
Summon Monsters.
Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder or whatever they are this year.
Chocobos.
Airships.
And FF:SW only has Sid. Unless the spaceships are the airships... and the spirits Aki is collecting are the summons... But there's still no trinity of elemental spells (quadra in FFX), and there's no chocobo.
Argh... *starts trying to shovel the Final Fantasy out of his beautiful IoG thread*

But FFT and FFTA are related by Ivalince as Rainichi said and FFXII is going to be in Ivalince and FFXII is being made by the people that made FFTA.

And secondly it seems like your one of those people that freak out about FF:SW

Well, I should rephrase a bit. FF12 will be more related to FFTA, since it has the same races from FFTA... but in the whole, all three games will take place in the same world (Ivalice) Wink

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all I was trying to say.
Level 1: Huball

Gems 1,000

PostRia Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="PaGaN3l3m3nts"]. By the way, anyone else use Shadow's Soul item as a defense in battle? It's good for dodging some things...[/quote]

That's the only way I got through the game. I used it a degenerate amount. The battle with the Mummy Queen, for instance. (I wanted to use Freedan out of loyalty, but it wasn't happening. I freely admit that, though I love IoG, actually being good at it isn't my strong suit.)
Willow

Gems 1,000

PostWillow Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hey, for a while, I was MUCH better with Freedan against the Mummy Queen than with Shadow. I'm one of those whores that goes through the entire game without using an herb...

Using Freedan for that battle is much easier, albeit longer, so far as you're trying to preserve HP and Herbs if you can just Dark Friar that mummy circle, heh- rather than going straight in with Shadow. Then again, you need to be able to use Shadow to do it again later, so the practice could be useful, I dunno. It's all a matter of preference, heh.

~ Willow ~

The Original MIDI Archive
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Willow wrote:
so far as you're trying to preserve HP and Herbs

I preserve herbs; I never use them. Every time I go through a campaign, I get too overloaded with them and have to waste them.

On topic, I use Freedan for the battle. Cool Guy

Ria

Gems 1,000

PostRia Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was determined to use no herbs, but for some reason unable to win with Freedan. No idea why.
PaGaN3l3m3nts
Level 7: Raiden

Gems 1,022

PostPaGaN3l3m3nts Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I used Shadow's Soul a lot my first two times through, but I never use the thing anymore except for when I'm forced to in the pyramid... It just seemed like if reflexes are good, then using the soul actually puts you at a disadvantage at times... I also think Freedan's a better choice for the Mummy Queen, but I've probably used the two equally...
A last note on FF:SW... I'm not one of those people that freak out about it. I saw it at the theater. I left the theater thinking, "Wow, that was a pretty good movie. Much better than expected. Wasn't really Final Fantrasy at all though, but... Eh, whatever. I'm gonna' go look up some info on those credits songs..."
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:
Well, I used Shadow's Soul a lot my first two times through, but I never use the thing anymore except for when I'm forced to in the pyramid... It just seemed like if reflexes are good, then using the soul actually puts you at a disadvantage at times... I also think Freedan's a better choice for the Mummy Queen, but I've probably used the two equally...
A last note on FF:SW... I'm not one of those people that freak out about it. I saw it at the theater. I left the theater thinking, "Wow, that was a pretty good movie. Much better than expected. Wasn't really Final Fantrasy at all though, but... Eh, whatever. I'm gonna' go look up some info on those credits songs..."

"The Dream Within" was sung by Lara Fabian. "Spirit Dreams Inside" was obviously done by Laruku. Wink

I have the CD, so I know, hehe.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
PaGaN3l3m3nts

Gems 1,022

PostPaGaN3l3m3nts Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well of course i've done the research since then. I've got the CD too. Tongue out I loved The Dream Within, but I didn't really care for Spirit Dreams Inside. But, later, I found out L'Arc also did Heaven's Drive, which K' from The King of Fighters 2003 has a move named after... So, after that, I made myself get a L'Arc CD, and grew to love them... Oh, yeah, and, Illusion of Gaia... or something...
Spoon

Gems 1,000

PostSpoon Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked FFMQ... Meh/Worried
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: