TerraEarth Forums

GRAHHHHH!!! I CAN'T STAND COMMERCIALS!!!!!>_<
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should commercials like this exist? :?
Yes, so they can annoy everyone!!! XD
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
NO!!!!!
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

TerraHero
Level 8: Amarante

Resident

Gems 6,006

PostTerraHero Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Over here, during regual scheduling its about commercial each 30min. During Soccer Matches, only during half time. but then they wham it up for a good 10min and a 5min of japping of old soccer dudes. Very Happy
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Commercials here only go for 3 minutes or so.

But it's not the length of them that piss me off, it's the commercials themselves. I hate Old Navy more than anything, and the people in those commercials are all assholes. There's a commercial for gum where a woman eats gum, then gets eaten by King Kong, which I also hate for some reason.

I swear, they're going out of their way to make commercials as obnoxious as possible (especially Old Navy). It doesn't make me want to buy their stuff, it makes me want to boycott their shitty company.

Hydra.7

Gems 1,000
Location: Someone told me Earth, but I don't believe them. c:

PostHydra.7 Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:46 pm   Post subject: uuuuUuuuuuuUuughhhh.....X_x ~ Zombie Reply with quote

The only commercial I like is the Starburst Gum commercial, the one were that girl is asking this dude questions and then he blows a bubble and flies away! It's so random it's cool! Every time I see it I want gum...lots of gum, so much that I'll fly to Mars!!!! WHHHEEEEEEE!!!!Nehhh!!!!* MUST FIND GUM!!!!!!!!*runs away* Hyper

Happy Sad *Nehhhh- Some weird noise I make when I panic mixed with hyperness

Exclamation I've had lots of sugar Exclamation
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I just saw that a couple hours ago! It was GREAT!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put some perspective into this. I used to love the Real Ghostbusters cartoon back during the eighties and the early ninties, and around 1998 it came back on TV for a short time on Fox Family, although the original credits were gone (You know how channels tend to do their own credits for the show, and speed it up) and the original opening was seriously cut down for time.

On average, an episode during 1986 would run around 25:30 (Twenty five minutes, thirty seconds)

When they were rerun, the average time of a syndicated episode would be 22:20 (Twenty two minutes, twenty seconds).

Not that it really matters at all, it's the just the opening and the closing- but, just for a little "Inside info," alot of the older shows you see on TV aren't the ones originally aired. In fact, sometimes, whole scenes have been cut out entirely to fit out regular US commercial demand. (I Love Lucy, I heard, was one of them, although I can't confirm, however, Star Trek The Next Generation was cut down by about a minute and a half an episode for earlier seasons).

Just a little useless facts. =P

SBiF
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Hydra.7

Gems 1,000

PostHydra.7 Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:35 pm   Post subject: Opps! Reply with quote

Opps! I mean Skittles !Sweatdrop

Another is Aquafina, The Starbucks commercial, and the Kirby's Canvis Curse, too! Thoughs are funny! Very Happy

Last edited by Hydra.7 on Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
I'll put some perspective into this. I used to love the Real Ghostbusters cartoon back during the eighties and the early ninties, and around 1998 it came back on TV for a short time on Fox Family, although the original credits were gone (You know how channels tend to do their own credits for the show, and speed it up) and the original opening was seriously cut down for time.

On average, an episode during 1986 would run around 25:30 (Twenty five minutes, thirty seconds)

When they were rerun, the average time of a syndicated episode would be 22:20 (Twenty two minutes, twenty seconds).

Not that it really matters at all, it's the just the opening and the closing- but, just for a little "Inside info," alot of the older shows you see on TV aren't the ones originally aired. In fact, sometimes, whole scenes have been cut out entirely to fit out regular US commercial demand. (I Love Lucy, I heard, was one of them, although I can't confirm, however, Star Trek The Next Generation was cut down by about a minute and a half an episode for earlier seasons).

Just a little useless facts. =P

SBiF
Aww, I forgot about that! I remember seeing on old shows that scenes would appear behind the floating credits but not in the shows themselves. Dang.

Yay! I won something!
Hydra.7

Gems 1,000

PostHydra.7 Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:47 pm   Post subject: Grrr... Reply with quote

Another bad commercail is Credit Guard! That commercal has the worst mix of corny wording and HORRIBLE(and I MEAN HORRIBLE) Camra work EVER!!!!!! It's another commercal that makes me have to change the channel forever!!! The camra just keeps wobbling and Zooming to where you can almost see every pore on the all-so-thrilled speekers face, but the camra moves SOOOOO much that even that's imposible!!!

btw, I like the cat and dog food commercals so I can see the cute little puppies and kittens. Yey Kittens!!! Very Happy
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what other commercials I dislike?

The ones where everyone uses the same video stock. I can't stand them. Mad

Yay! I won something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: