TerraEarth Forums

Maybe a stupid idea.. but

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:21 am   Post subject: Maybe a stupid idea.. but Reply with quote

AmIRight.com has just put out a T-Shirt with it's top posters names on it. TerraEarth should do something like that... well I suppose not because TerraEarth is a relatively small sight (no offense eFlare) but it would be kind of cool to have something like that. Rainichan fan art souveneirs. Jason Tandro's storys in hardback. DPit's Red Riotz gun. Freedan's sword. Joan's hentai... well maybe not so much...

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh... scary thing is, I would be on the top of that list. o.O

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'd have...! Um... wait... <<;

Let me get back back to you on that. Neutral

SBiF
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

and Axey's sexiness!! >D
Mad what?

anyway, I like the T-shirt idea, that would be nice...having the TE banner on a shirt to wear ^^
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a discussion with boxxleman about merchandise before (long time ago). We were discussing the possibilities of opening a cafepress shop with Soul Blazer related merchandise.

That in itself might be not to much of a great idea, since we're not really a popular as we used to be, but stuff about the community would be a fun idea. Now cafepress might be great, but they only offer so much when it comes to shirts. They only print white t-shirts. And I don't know about any of you, but I detest white t-shirts. They do offer some great deals for publishing books and other household items (like mousepads, clocks.., posters) but to my understanding, you are only allowed to have 1 of each product in a free shop account. (IE: 1 mousepad with 1 design, not several designs) Although I'm not 100% sure of that.

Of course I could be way off. Does anyone have any other thoughts here?
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of thoughts, but the only one about that is I also detest white t-shirts. Very Happy
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It should be auburn/maroon, like the site.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's bound to be some site that'll do something to that extent, IE, making shirts and what not. BTW, that website won't come up on my browser, it just says website does not exist.

Not since I'm the intelligent poster here, I should come up with all the bright ideas. Unfortunately for all of you, you always chose the most empty headed guy, too. =P

I cannot think of a single idea at the moment, short of having someone on the site do it themselves and sell it through the website itself, however I don't think anyone really knows how to mass produce (Or, at least, make 50 shirts for those of us members who want one) and sell it.

Blast my lack of street smarts!

SBiF

EDIT: I did a quick search, and I found three websites:

Zazzle.com:

http://www.zazzle.com/create/custom/apparel.asp?CMP=KNC-GJ6658976473

From what I read, Zazzle will have the best quality due to their pricing and their digital laser design. HOWEVER; they only come in white, or grey, so they may not be the best choice...

Art Apart

http://artapart.com/?google=General%20Design%20Online&engine=adwords!2847&keyword=%28shirt+making%29&match_type=

They do offer a variety a shirts at this website, however, one designed shirt (Back and front) would run you about, hmm, 20.00 bucks before shipping... so...

Spread Shirt

http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=1000&affiliate=175

Also with various color schemes, a simple design over a black shirt would run as 17.90 a piece. For a a larger and more complex design, it would cost "extra."

I hope this at leasts helps anyone interested in looking further into it. I really don't have the design skill (or the patience) to look deeper into the website.

Sincerely,

SBiF
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but does eFlare want to shell out like 300 bucks?

Axe Kazama

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm more than willing to pay at most $50AUS => roughly about $30US
so I'd go the higher quality shirt, especially if it won't wear out after several washes (I'd probably go with the grey and have Dpit's banner, because Dpits banner is teh Roxor plus it'd go nice together, colourwise)

EDIT: by the way good find SBF Cool Guy
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean for eFlare to do it on his own. What I meant was, someone can come up with the basic design, and everyone that wants one can order one from the website using the website created design or something. Maybe eFlare (If he wants to- only a suggestion) could run a few contests here to win something, like a TE mousepad or an "official" TE T-Shirt or something.

SBiF
This User Has Completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: