TerraEarth Forums

100 magirocks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crescens
Level 1: Huball

Gems 1,000

PostCrescens Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:28 am   Post subject: 100 magirocks Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've finished terranigma, but I remember that you always had the feeling that there was something more to do.. something you missed.. some secret..

and one thing I've always been wondering and pondering:
Is it possible to collect 100 magirocks? cause I remember having collected around 97 when finished the game but I think I missed a few. So Does anyone know the answer? Do you get something special when you've got 100 magirocks? When you think about it, there must be something goin' on with the total amount collected because the game keeps track of the number of rocks in posession for magic use as well as TOTAL amount collected over the game Exclamation Confused

in relation to this, I can remember something else that happened to me during play, maybe it happened when I collected my final magirock.. This is NO joke and not meant to spread false rumors. Like I said it's been a while but I remember that at the end of the game, I don't remember at what point exactly anymore, I was suddenly transported to a village-like surrounding level with a large Bird-like boss. It was very hard and i was killed pretty quickly, but after that it was geme over and I had to start from my save game.. and it never happened again. It was so weird, it seems like it didn't happen at all after al this time... pfff.. anyone ever heard about this secret boss? (Feels just like 'shadow zero' from secret of mana on the snes. anyone remember that? That was kind of a bug, it happened in a sewer level somethimes and all these black one-eyed guys walked over the screen suddenly)
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the fact that I can't remember anything past 5 minutes ago I can't help you there, maybe you're thinking of a different game?
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only a rumour. There aren't 100 magirocks.

And that "bug".... I've never heard of before. The only "bird-like" bosses are the Dark Twins on Grecliff and Dark Gaia in his second form.

Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he/she is thinking of Dark Gaia thingy Tongue out
Crescens

Gems 1,000

PostCrescens Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No it wasn't Dark Gaia or the Grecliff boss.. and I'm positive it happened in Terranigma..
It's 'he' by the way Very Happy
Axe Kazama

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the Bird King in..I think...Loire...or Freedan
thats kept in the cage
but you never had to fight him, just pay a stupid 5 grand fee for a magirock
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Axe Kazama wrote:
maybe the Bird King in..I think...Loire...or Freedan
thats kept in the cage
but you never had to fight him, just pay a stupid 5 grand fee for a magirock

I always save him. Why? Because I think his facial expressions are funny. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always save him cause I've got nothing better to do with the money I've built up. Mr. Green
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I save him because I always hope I can kill him and fry him up. That'd be some good eatin'.

Kentucky Fried Kingbird, I tell ya. Cool Guy

Hammerit
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
I always save him cause I've got nothing better to do with the money I've built up. Mr. Green

Yeah lol ... I don't remember myself having any problems buying all the stores empty ... and even after a straight mercantile marathon I was still loaded with more cash than I could ever invest inside or outside the game ... Think money actually is the most senseless feature of the whole game XD. But thats my prob in most RPGs especially for SNES ... only in Secret of Mana there were times I was awfully broke ... but never in Secret of Evermore, nor in Langrisser, nor in any Final Fantasy game (except FFXI XD).

In our game it takes loads of time to earn enough cash for making something out of yourself ... and it depends on the player type much ... for example a Trader makes straight profits if he doesn't fuck up the route planning and ends up with a bunch of pirates kicking his ass the hard way ^^. There're even some classes that never have to care about money, because they don't need it anyway ^^. For example the military dudes ... all they need for there missions they're given by the military authority and they even earn a straight wage on top of it ... if that isn't heaven I better pack some Marchies for the doomy barbecues ^^.

But b2t:

I have no clue what'cha talking about ... Sounds like a typical rumor spreading try to me ... like all the "How to revive Aerith" fuck some ppl pissed of by her death spilled out in the community.

one more thing: yeah I know that this discussion is from 2005 ... but that's no prob since all things in the board are 2005. The only options are spamming our brains out or trying to revive actually dead-looking-topic-sort-of-pale thingies ^^

Game Designer
Zach Keene

Gems 22

PostZach Keene Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since a more recent "100+ Magirocks" thread got eaten, I'll post this bug again. I can personally confirm this works in the Japanese version; I have no idea whether it still works in the European version. (It's been over a year since I last played so forgive my hazy memory of a few details.)

On your way out of the Mermaid Tower you'll be blocked by two mermaids. Normally you'd just talk to one, get a Water Medal and however many MagiRocks (six?) go with it, and continue on your way.

Instead, position yourself so you're standing directly between the two mermaids (both should stand up when you push forward.) Press the talk button, and continue to repeatedly mash on the button while you're receiving your medal/magirocks. If you do it right you'll catch the second mermaid before she can swim away, getting you another Medal and batch of magirocks.

Thus you can end up with... er, 103, I think, total. (102 in the European version, assuming this hasn't been fixed.)

(Edit for clarity.)

Last edited by Zach Keene on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
CloseFriend
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 51

PostCloseFriend Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Keene wrote:
Since a more recent "100+ Magirocks" thread got eaten, I'll post this bug again. I can personally confirm this works in the Japanese version; I have no idea whether it still works in the European version. (It's been over a year since I last played so forgive my hazy memory of a few details.)

On your way out of the Mermaid Tower you'll be blocked by two mermaids. Normally you'd just talk to one, get a Water Medal and however many MagiRocks (six?) go with it, and continue on your way.

Instead, position yourself so you're standing directly between the two mermaids (both should stand up when you push forward.) Press the talk button, and continue to mash on the button while you're receiving your medal/magirocks. If you do it right you'll catch the second mermaid before she can swim away, getting you another Medal and batch of magirocks.

Thus you can end up with... er, 103, I think, total. (102 in the European version, assuming this hasn't been fixed.)

Do you know if anything special happens at 100, like Solid Arm's appearance in Gaia?
Zach Keene

Gems 22

PostZach Keene Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing special happened in my game.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you collect 100 magirocks anyway?
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

a glitch, read above blade Rolling Eyes

iv colleced every magi rock (not including the glitch), nothing happened, i then spent them all on rings Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: