TerraEarth Forums

an interesting thought...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:20 am   Post subject: an interesting thought... Reply with quote

i was just playing through TN for ab out the zillionth time when something popped into my mind...

after defeating the bird-boss and resurrecting the birds, you see an egg which starts to crack... and then i thought "what was first? egg or chicken?" and tada: there you go! the egg! Very Happy

i love educating games Very Happy

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I get your point Very Happy
Moddex
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 1,000

PostModdex Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What I thought was weird about the whole thing is that they separated birds from mammals like as if they were an entirely different mode of life altogether, I mean, didn't some birds require mice and other mammals to feed? Or did we have a repeat of the 70s and have nothing but seagulls? (Horrible joke. XD)

It just kind of eats me that they are separated. Now if it were to resurrect the ocean life, that I can understand, but birds?
chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, maybe its because you can "ride" the birds to get to the next part of the game like zue? i mean, a lot of things dont make any sense, e.g. that you gotta resurrect the wind even though a bird gets you to the cave...

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:11 pm   Post subject: Re: an interesting thought... Reply with quote

chicken wrote:

after defeating the bird-boss and resurrecting the birds, you see an egg which starts to crack... and then i thought "what was first? egg or chicken?" and tada: there you go! the egg! Very Happy

Not necessarily.

This could give rise to a whole ugly mess. The egg would have come first only if the chicken hatched from it; if the chicken evolved from a different form of bird, the chicken would have come first, since it wouldn't have been a chicken egg. But that's only if you're asking if the chicken or egg came first, forgetting the other birds.

The egg spawned the other birds, but there were already existing birds at the time; the bird boss you had to fight. Who's to say they didn't lay the egg?

In that possibility, the birds came first. Not a chicken, necessarily, but birds seem to have existed before the eggs they come from.

Wow... cosmic. Crazy

Hammerit
Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question is:

WTF is with the fishies ô.Ô ... I mean you never have to ressurect em so are they all dead or what? ... But then again where did those come from you fight in the nix tower sidequest? I would really like those Game Designers to kick in and clear the point or get hemselves shot in the ass for missing one of the most basic creatures that ever existed ...

Game Designer
chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:33 pm   Post subject: Re: an interesting thought... Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
chicken wrote:

Not necessarily.

This could give rise to a whole ugly mess. The egg would have come first only if the chicken hatched from it; if the chicken evolved from a different form of bird, the chicken would have come first, since it wouldn't have been a chicken egg. But that's only if you're asking if the chicken or egg came first, forgetting the other birds.

The egg spawned the other birds, but there were already existing birds at the time; the bird boss you had to fight. Who's to say they didn't lay the egg?

In that possibility, the birds came first. Not a chicken, necessarily, but birds seem to have existed before the eggs they come from.

Wow... cosmic. Crazy

I SAID "THERE YOU GO! THE EGG!" =_=

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
Moddex

Gems 1,000

PostModdex Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammerit wrote:
Another question is:

WTF is with the fishies ô.Ô ... I mean you never have to ressurect em so are they all dead or what? ... But then again where did those come from you fight in the nix tower sidequest? I would really like those Game Designers to kick in and clear the point or get hemselves shot in the ass for missing one of the most basic creatures that ever existed ...
My thoughts exactly. I'd imagine there would be more than a side quest regarding water. Too much cave crawling. Ahh well. I guess the cartridge couldn't fit a lot more chip sets so they cut down on the game design or something. Otherwise It's just the writers. Bah grumble grumble...
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:25 pm   Post subject: Re: an interesting thought... Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
the bird boss you had to fight. Who's to say they didn't lay the egg?

Bird Boss was a demon, doesnt count as a real bird. [/smartass]
Hammerit

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah demons are no animals ... as a prove here's a devastating fact:

I'm a demon! And I'm no animal ... that's the prove now fall on your knees and worship me ... or just continue to do what you were about to do the very moment before I posted this shit xD.

Game Designer
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Birds also evolved from dinosaurs, so dinosaurs really never went extinct, they just evolved into more feathery and cute forms. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: