TerraEarth Forums

My little band project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:52 pm   Post subject: My little band project Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum, and most of you probably don't know me very well, but I have something that might be of some interest to some people around here.

I have a newfound band project going on right now. It's partially a form of musical expression and partially something to entertain myself with.

If you're interested, check out the site for AdverseDivine at: adversedivine.angelfire.com

I'm hoping to post more samples soon. We're still in the writing phase.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

new projects always rock... well, most of the time Very Happy

i wish you good luck with your band and may you become famous ^^

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, thanks.

I'm looking at getting a .com site so I can actually post material..... Angelfire's 20 MB limit just isn't cutting it.

There's one song posted on the site, but I've got a ton more..... all just concepts as things are still in the writing phase. Trying to figure out what stuff people like and dislike. Of course, the quality is lacking because I'm recording with a cheap practise amp and a $10 mic.

Edit: new URL is http://www.adversedivine.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Soundclick.com or Shezyart.com Very Happy

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundclick seems like a cool site.

However, I really enjoy doing my own web development junk. I've got the .com site set up for a year as of yesterday.

Right now, I've got one mp3 playing on the main page and links to the rest, but I'm going to look into setting up a media player on this site that allows you to select tracks and such.
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, make a flash widget for your music. Quicktime is the devil. Very Happy

Also, Soundclick and Sheezyart are good if you want to gain coverage for your music, and you can always link to your site on the description. Very Happy

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's a good point.... covering more ground and such.

This weekend, I'm looking at getting a forum, and e-mail addresses set up this weekend. Then I need to deal with the media player issue.

Also, I think I'd better find a proper pic of one of our band members..... my drawing in paint just isn't cutting it lol.

Edit: I'm not sure if this thread is violating the rules with respect to advertising websites. I read the rules about that but I'm still a little confused with regard to the policy regarding this forum. I'm kinda embarassed, I should have really checked that out earlier.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

gamechampionx wrote:
Oh, that's a good point.... covering more ground and such.

This weekend, I'm looking at getting a forum, and e-mail addresses set up this weekend. Then I need to deal with the media player issue.

Also, I think I'd better find a proper pic of one of our band members..... my drawing in paint just isn't cutting it lol.

Edit: I'm not sure if this thread is violating the rules with respect to advertising websites. I read the rules about that but I'm still a little confused with regard to the policy regarding this forum. I'm kinda embarassed, I should have really checked that out earlier.

Nah. Since it's not technically advertisement, and you're showcasing a song you wrote, you're fine. I'm not going to drop a b& hammer on you.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, that's rather nice of you.

There's some new matrial up, the most notable being "Black Magician". This song is just kinda funny. I'm wondering if neone thinks any of this stuff is actually any good.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gamechampionx wrote:
Awesome, that's rather nice of you.

There's some new matrial up, the most notable being "Black Magician". This song is just kinda funny. I'm wondering if neone thinks any of this stuff is actually any good.

Not a problem! You're active everywhere else on the forum. ;D

I got one of the songs (broken wings). It sounds good. :3

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, you people are awesome.

Broken Wings is something I came up with recently, I just started playing and it kinda happened.

Most of the stuff needs second guitar parts and stuff though so the songs are a little on the "light" side. We still don't have half the instrument we need but we're getting farther. Drums are so expensive though, I've been looking at Craig's List for stuff.
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a rehersal on Sunday, and we picked out some favourite material.

I re-recorded one of our heavy songs - "The Hanging Gardens of Abaddon", available on the site. I finally have got a pedal for making metal noises and such.

We also wrote a new, rather experimental song, called "The Messiah Complex" using a Phaser peadal that a buddy lent me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: