TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma Order (goodness, not chronological)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

He agreed that Illusion of Gaya is first.
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, alright.

I'm just being a silly bastard.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool. As long as we all agree on Gaia's awesomeness in some form or fashion. (because, you know, Gaia is totally awesome)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool cool.

I think the reason why Illusion of Gaia is the best is because it prevents gamers from power-leveling, which is rather unique for an RPG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was such a thing in Zelda - A Link to the Past...

Imagine a leveling system like IOG's in Zelda...the game'd be AWESOME, cuz one of the minus points in Zelda games is that there's no point in killing mere enemies (except for "kill everything in the room to open next door" of course)
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I suggest you play Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. In it you can gain experience points and level up, but it's a side-scroller, so it's pretty hard for awhile. You can get it on the NES, GBA, & GCN.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of that game before, gotta check it out!
Are these the same Side-Scroller elements as in "Links Awakening"?
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of proper character progression is one of the reasons why I don't consider myself to be a Zelda fan. I've got a Link to the Past but I never play it..... I've only beaten it once.
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call Zelda the "most mainstream, commercial" RP ever...

Of course, Zelda games are legendary, but if you look closer, you get a very straight forward game with clicheé characters (although there's a change, or "nice try" in Majoras Mask).
It's probably the WoW of Nintendo Roleplaying games.

This is coming from an adult point of view, back in the days when I first played A Link to the Past, it was the best thing ever (until the day I bought Terranigma, of course)
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Never heard of that game before, gotta check it out!
Are these the same Side-Scroller elements as in "Links Awakening"?

Essentially. You can jump without the Roc's Feather, though. The main difference is that your sword pokes in front of you like the first Zelda. It has no arc or spin, which is what makes it so hard. It plays like a classic NES RPG. Except the random battles, towns, and castles are done side-scroller style, rather than cinematic or top-down.

Quote:
I'd call Zelda the "most mainstream, commercial" RP ever... It's probably the WoW of Nintendo Roleplaying games.

Zelda isn't really a role playing game. Only Zelda II is. All the others are Action/Adventure. RPGs are built upon stat leveling, but in Zelda, there are no statistics. You get weapons and armor that are stronger than others, but there's not really any statistical increase. Each one is just 2x stronger than the one prior to it.

Nintendo's RPG series, if you're curious, consist of Mother (Earthbound), Golden Sun, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi (Squaresoft did Mario RPG).

Wyv
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Nintendo's RPG series, if you're curious, consist of Mother (Earthbound), Golden Sun, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi (Squaresoft did Mario RPG).

Isn't the Golden Sun series developed by Camelot and only published by Nintendo?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger ICQ Number
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah, but Nintendo owns all liscencing. Unlike Super Mario RPG, where Square-Enix owns all original characters, locations, and scenarios. Which is why Geno and Mallow are MIA.

gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallow was really cool.... I liked his introduction sequence.

I used to love both Square and Enix but SquareEnix just doesn't hold a candle to either of them. I mean, there were some stinkers like Brain Lord but they mostly released quality products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: