TerraEarth Forums

Surprise playing Super Double Dragon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:09 am   Post subject: Surprise playing Super Double Dragon Reply with quote

I went to the local game store, and picked up some SNES stuff like I do on most weekend when I'm in Waterloo. There was a bunch of good stuff there, and I picked out Super Double Dragon and Zool.

I was playing Super Double Dragon this morning, and I got to the 7th level, which I was fairly sure was the last one. I got to the "scene" in front of the big doors. This big guy attacks me and such, and I keep hitting him, but he seems to have a ton of health. So he finally goes down, and I see credits. I was just like WTF?!?!?!?! I was expecting to find something in the doors, or have them open up with some crazy guy swinging at me, but no such luck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story about that.

You may have noticed there was no real story to the game. Beat-em-ups never usually have (or need) much of a story, but one was planned for this game.

That's because there were cutscenes that they intended to use, telling a bit of a story involving Duke (the final boss). After defeating his 'shadow' (the intended final boss), the story would conclude with the Lee brothers visiting his grave.

Marian was involved in the story too, but didn't appear in the game at all in the final version. Deadlines were too short, and they didn't have time to pack in the cutscenes or any of the story. So after finishing off Duke, you get a quick little text epilogue, and the credits roll.

The end.

Things would have made a lot more sense if they had included that story; you'd know why you were supposed to walk to the right a lot and kick the ever loving hell out of Duke at the end.

But like I said, the game plays just as well without a story. It's probably my favourite DD game. Cool Guy

gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A story definitely would have helped.

However, it's still my favourite beat-em-up game for the SNES right now. Rival Turf just doesn't cut it, even though I know people who like it for whatever reason.

I heard that in the Japanese version, the last level is extended and is more similar to what I was expecting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
ForbiddenDarkWolf
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 146

PostForbiddenDarkWolf Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember double dragon I dont think I ever got past level four lol. Been a while since I played too so probably couldn't get past level 2 at the moment im sure gamechan will test that theory ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: