TerraEarth Forums

Wrote a Poem Today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:48 am   Post subject: Wrote a Poem Today Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm not sure if anybody here remembers me for my odd poetry but I wrote another one today and I just wanted to share it, even if people aren't big on it.

Here it goes:

Letter to the Forever

If I could only believe you were inside my head
Euclidean frailty
Garbling all the Mantissa
Black forest, slice by slice to within my epsilon
Altruistic endeavors of intrinsics
Within the shatter of a doubt
Chromatic strains enthralled
Through glucose web of flies
One nation under lust
Blood, reign in carnation
Ripping duties, in grained, in sand
Shades of eternal peach
Shifting in juxtaposition toward monotony
Forbidden spiral
Hidden within my means
Modes of entrapment in state
Releasing forth the demons of blue
Transcending fork of conditional peace
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

although i dont really understand it too well...

very nice work! awesome stuff. something like this would make awesome lyrics

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I totally understand it myself.

It does make reference to religion, society and principles of computer science. Sometimes I enjoy writing whatever comes to mind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, i dont like such poems... they dont make sense and thinking what COULD BE MEANT gives me the headaches -_- no offense at all Wink

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand it, but i think poems should have rhymes^^
gamechampionx

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I write rhyming poems but I like to sometimes give more potential for free flowing at times, I guess it's a matter of personal preference.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

actually with the rhyming-thing, i wanted to tell you that i'm a poem-noob Smile
ForbiddenDarkWolf
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 146

PostForbiddenDarkWolf Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think poetry has nothing to do with rhyming its all about being able to take the strong imagery from what is written or said. Half the time no one really knows what the author was trying to render, you only ever understand what it means to you. I had argumenst with my english teacher on this cus they told me my poetry wasn't poetry or dint have the right meter. I didn't like them for that cus poetry is about personal expression, not what others want your poetry to be.
Gamiechan your poetry is awesome!!!!! Even if I cant make heads or taisl of it, It has a really cool way of rolling off your toungue when you say it aloud!!!!!!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Poetry is all about using language; be it written, spoken, or sung; to convey a particular idea or emotion. As a writer myself, whenever I write a poem, my goal is to evoke a specific emotion from people when they read my work. However, I grew up reading Dr. Seuss and A. A. Milne, so all my poetry has to rhyme. Period. Which isn't to say all poetry has to rhyme, just mine does.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i try to write lyrics occasionally, and they always end up rather simple. although the language used isnt particularly blunt, the structure is very simple. syllables always in a 7-5-7-5 pattern, and the A-B-A-B rhyming thing.

so something as fluid as gamechampionx's work i find to be very impressive, because i simply cannot hope to do something comparable. thats my view, anyway

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks EverPhoenix, my stuff's not that great but it keeps me busy and entertained.

I like letting the subconsious flow, I practically write stream-of-consciousness all the time which is weird but it works for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: