TerraEarth Forums

The Crisis of Infinite TerraEarths Ep. 1 Pt. 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:04 am   Post subject: The Crisis of Infinite TerraEarths Ep. 1 Pt. 1 Reply with quote

I've been delaying the release of this, so I've decided at 12 Midnight EST, the first draft version of the first Five Chapters of the Crisis will be released here. As soon as the entire story is finished and available for release, it will come. Until then, enjoy. If you have any questions, comments, concerns or suggestions, feel free to send them over, either in a PM or a reply to this thread.

Also remember: I'm running a contest for the story, so stop on over to "The Crisis" thread on General Discussion for Further Information.

Without further ado, The Crisis Of Infinite TerraEarths Episode One, Part 1

Prologue: A Lesson In Theoretical Science

Excerpts From The Theoretical Science Handbook, Written By Professor Allan Robinson, University of New York, Chapter Twenty-Seven

On the subject matter of alternate universes, let me dilute any misgiving of such preposterous beliefs. The thought of life on other planets within our own universe, while not a proven fact or entirely plausible, is at least within the realm of the scientific possibility.
The belief that there is a “Multi-verse,” a series of pocket universes existing within a larger universe itself, is utterly unbelievable. If so, would it not be possible one of these said universes would become advanced enough to allow a technology to travel between each universe, through either inter-dimensional gateways, or even black holes?
Any of the satellite probes that NASA ever sent through these black holes were never recovered or returned, for that matter, some containing technological information from our known knowledge. Would that not prove our world is far enough along, technologically, to be able to co-exist with a society far more advanced than ours?
I find the entire matter entirely preposterous, and while some of the colleagues in my field would disagree with my belief of a single universe, until I see something to dissuade that, I will continue to teach only scientific fact, and not scientific garbage...

A Letter From TE: Prime, To TE: Omega

To anyone who reads this... I sincerely hope it arrives to you in time... please, heed my warning... for the world you live in may no longer exist...
The world you live in, breathe in, is not the only one that exists. In fact, my world, TE: Prime, has discovered twenty-seven total. Yours is known to us as TE: Omega, a world who is a mere hundred years technologically behind ours, and we here that cherish life, believe you to have the best possibility of stopping the threat that will be coming...
The enclosed sketches I’ve added to this letter are a way of building a device to traverse between your world and mine, and several others. Use them at your disposal, and stop the threat that will most certainly devour your world, if you do not heed this warning...
Send one representative to the location and coordinates contained within the sketches, and I will traverse to your world and relay the remaining information myself. Please, if you cherish life as my people do, heed this warning and take action. Otherwise, may the God’s have Mercy upon your world...

-E. F., TE: Prime Representative

The letter found it’s way into the hands of a secretary, who read it and laughed it off, throwing it away into the trash without another thought. What could’ve possibly saved a world and then further progressed it, instead, was shredded by a bubble-headed secretary. That world, TE: Omega, as well as another, would no longer exist just forty-nine hours later.

The Crisis Of Infinite Earths: Part One
THE TRAVELER

One - TerraEarth Prime, Underground Laboratory

A man works quickly and diligently at a computer console, his fingers working quickly and diligently to reverse the effects of the device known as the “Dimensional Capacitor.” He turned to the screen on his left side, a time-stamp quickly winding down now, just two minutes remaining. Try as hard as he could, nothing he did could reverse the polarity.
“May the God’s help us all,” he said, turning back to the main monitor. “This can’t be the end.” His hand fell away from the keyboard, as the screen flashed “Access Restricted From Remote Terminal.” He slammed his fists into the tabletop. “Curse them all,” he said, turning his attention to the other terminal across the room.
I’m sorry my friends, he thought to himself, but the world is lost. I hope wherever it is we may find ourselves, that we may meet once again.
He heard the banging on the door behind him now, the voices of his former friends and comrades
coming through.
“Cease and desist, Professor, come out now before we are forced to break this door down!”
“Come quietly or there will be trouble!”
“It doesn’t have to come it, but if you do not let us in, we will be forced to execute you!”
The Professor turned to the heavy steel door, his mind wandering. Only a year before, such measures of security were not needed, as peace had existed with all men. For some, however, peace was an interference to individual plans, those of Rizan specifically- a social ruler, called old-world names such as “democracy” and freedom. A social utopia, to some. To others, such as the Professor, it was kindred spirits to Great Wars of long dead history.
The road to darkness is paved on good intentions, he thinks now, but from Rizan there isn’t a single good intention what-so-ever. Just destruction and death.
“I’m all that’s left,” he said to himself, not caring whether or not the others outside the door could here him. After all, they’re all dead already, and they don’t even know it.
He walked over to the other panel, hitting three keys on the computer panel, A, R, and then K- and immediately the panel lifted up into the air, revealing a hidden compartment beneath. A silver case lifted from inside. He opened the box, removing a small box and then a device resembling a wrist watch.
Glancing behind him to the timing monitor, only thirty seconds remained, twenty-nine now.
“Good-bye my home, may all those lost rest peacefully, wherever that may be.” He pressed down a button on the watch. Behind him, a ripple creased the fold of reality itself, and the Professor was pulled out from his world, and into another.
Twenty-four seconds later, the group of militants broke down the heavy steel door, finding no one left.
Three seconds after that, TerraEarth Prime no longer existed.

Two - TerraEarth Superior: Valerie's Home

Valerie Valens lies in bed, sleeping. The sleep, which otherwise should be peaceful after longs hours spent on the job, is anything but. Sometimes she would see the future, her mind focusing on the events that have yet to be, events and time that could be changed, to help both her and her friends.
Tonight, however, her dreams are not of minor dangers or bright futures for those they’ve helped- instead, she sees a dark, ominous figure. He’s wearing a long, ankle-length black trench-coat, black-spiked hair raised into the air, like a mountain. His back is to her now, the only thing she can see about him is he’s looking up at something.
The dark man turns toward her, his face distorted by the same darkness she senses within his soul. Empath or not, she could feel the evil coming from within him in waves, making her instantly sick to her stomach. A smile crosses his lips, a long toothy grin that only devious little boys or madmen can produce.
She tries to scream at him, to tell him to look away, she doesn’t want to see him anymore, that he doesn’t belong in this world (How she knows that, she is unsure), but she doesn’t. More over, she can’t. Her body is frozen, either by pure, unadulterated fear or, perhaps, this man’s madness.
His grin fades away, and he looks to she sky above her head. He says only four words, but four words that send a chill down her spine; “Your world is dead.”
He begins to laugh, and now she can move once again, but she’s not in control. Her body turns itself around, and her neck cranes itself up to see what this lunatic had been looking seeing. The sun, the bright star that gave life and light to the world, is vanishing behind something.
That’s impossible, her mind tries to tell her, futilely; that can’t be-
The world around her darkens, and as she turns the figure has gone away, no explanation or sign of where he’d gone off to. But his madness, and that insane laugh linger here, and Valerie cannot be sure, if it’s her imagination or if it’s reality. All seem to have fallen away.
She loses her balance as the world begins to quake, horribly powerful. In her mind, she can see the city she knew, she had protected before, begin to crumble, building toppling to the ground. People running away from the madness, disappearing into giant clouds of debris from the falling buildings. Beneath her feet, the ground cracks open, and she falls down into the true darkness of the world, and all she can think is this; I’m one of the lucky ones, I die first. I’m one of the lucky one’s, I die FIRST...
When she awakens, she covers her mouth so that she doesn’t scream out loud. She sits up, and looks out to the window, and his immediately frightened; it is still dark outside, and she nearly screams again. But it is only the aftershock of the dream- her curtains are drawn, and she could see the first glimpses of daybreak through the cracks.
“Dream, only a dream,” she sighs, and then jumps a little, afraid of her own voice. She laughs nervously, lying back down. Another hour of sleep, she thinks, and I’ll be fine.
But sleep, like many other things, never does come, as the dream of the dark man fills her thoughts. This dream would later become more relevant than she could’ve ever imagined, but for the time being she remains frightened.

Three - TE Superior, HoH Headquarters

“Come on now, you can’t tell me that we don’t deserve a vacation every now and again,” Chicken said, dropping down a five of clubs onto the table.
“We’re heroes, you fool. It’s not a 358 day a year job- we don’t get breaks, and we certainly don’t get vacations.” Axe dropped a 3 of hearts, hitting his hand on the table in frustration- he was losing this hand of war, and badly. He had counted roughly ten cards left in his hand. “Wouldn’t you know it, you got another card.”
“Luck of the draw,” Chicken responded, dropping a 4 of diamonds. “Like so. But let’s get back to it; I was saying, I think for all the good we do in this city, heck, this world- we could get an all expenses paid cruise out of South Cape, or something.”
“We all have a responsibility, to utilize the natural talents we possess- of unnatural, in some cases, such as yourself.”
“Lets not talk about that, since is has nothing to do with us getting vacations. It’s your go, dude.”
“Please, don’t call me ‘dude, Chicken-boy.” Axe laid down another card, a two of spades. He let out a sigh of frustration. Just my luck, he thought, losing a hand of War to someone who calls themselves “Chicken...”
“Look, I’m not trying to cause a problem. All I’m saying is, once in awhile, it’d be nice to get away, be allowed a few days off every year. Is that too much to ask?” Chicken dropped a Jack of Spades, and pulled away Axe’s card.
“As a matter of fact, it is,” Axe said, dropping a ten of clubs onto the table. A smile crossed his lips, I got this, he thought, and then continued; “whether you want to listen to me or not.”
Chicken dropped a Queen of Hearts, and then pulled Axe’s card into his nearly finished deck. “It’s not ever like we even get paid for what we do, like stopping some mad scientist from destroying a building, or stopping those R.E.D. idiots from robbing a bank. It’s just I think we could get some well deserved, and well earned, rest.”
“There will never be a time when we’ve done too much, or ‘enough good,“ for that matter. There’s many people out there who will never attain the abilities we here all have, and those people deserve our protection. If you got into this life for profit and fame, you chose the wrong career path.”
Chicken laid a six of diamonds on the table, and leaned back into his chair. “Do onto others as others do unto you.”
“Whatever you say,” Axe placing down a five of clubs. Crap.
As Chicken collected the cards from the table, their leader Freedan entered the room, decked out in a knight’s armor, with a large buster sword sheathed across his back. He walked past the two of them, to a counter top next to a sink. Out of the drainer he took a mug which read “Best President Ever,” and proceeded to pour himself a cup of black coffee, and took a quick taste.
“That’s great,” Axe said sarcastically, “it’s our ‘fearless’ leader.”
“Glad to see you’re both hard at work.” He took a sip of the coffee, and sighed. “Nothing like a good cup of Joe in the morning to perk you up, eh boys?”
“Yes sir,” Chicken said, and then thought for a moment, adding, “there’s something I wanted to ask-”
“Save it, don’t be foolish,” Axe cut in, “you’ll make yourself look like an idiot.”
“Oh get over yourself Axe. Whatever Chicken here has to say is just as important as anything you might have to. More, if I do say so.” Freedan turned to Chicken. “After ll, there are no stupid questions,” he cocked a thumb over to Axe. “Only stupid people.”
Your funeral, Axe thought to himself.
“Can we start getting vacations?”
Freedan had been in mid-drink of his coffee, and nearly choked on it. When he finally caught his breath, and began to laugh, for nearly an entire minute. He held onto his gut, and nearly burst out laughing again. When he looked at Chicken’s perplexed expression, he laughed once again. “Oh, wait, were you being serious? That is a stupid question, if I’ve ever heard one.” He laughed once again, leaving the room.
“I thought it was a good idea,” Chicken muttered under his breath, dropping down a Queen of spades.
Axe then dropped his next card- queen of clubs- and they now had themselves a War. They both put down three cards face down, Axe dropping his last card- a King of Hearts.
“Ha! Beat that one,” he said, sitting back.
Chicken dropped his card- an Ace of Spades. When he did this, Axe leaned forward and looked at the cards. “Looks like you got this one,” he said, still awe struck from his newest defeat.
“One hundred and ninty-nine games to none,” Chicken said, taking the cards into his hands, “Care to make it an even two hundo?”
“I think I’m good,” he said, rising to his feet. “A quick word of advice, from one friend to another. Keep this vacation business to yourself. Otherwise you’d get laughed right outta here.” Axe left the room, leaving Chicken holding the card deck in his hand. As he shuffled the deck, he thought about playing a game of solitaire, but decided against it.
Muerte entered the room, going over to one of the Super-Cola machines. He put in a dollar, selected his drink, and waited for it to drop. When it did, he opened the can, took a deep drink, and let out a refreshing sigh.
“Hey Mert, do you think we heroes should start getting vacations?”
Muerte looked over to him, took a sip, and headed back for the door, saying nothing. Chicken looked on after him, and shrugged. He took the deck from his hand, and tried to put it back into the box, when the entire deck spilled out onto the floor. He rose from his seat and went to pick up the cards, not paying attention to the fact that only five cards landed face up; the Ace of Spades, the Ace of Clubs, the eight of Spades, the eight of clubs, and the 3 of diamonds.
He paid no attention to it, gathering the cards up. Perhaps if he had, to this possible foreshadowing of things to some, things may have turned differently- after all, what are the odds that dropping a deck of cards and having the Dead Man’s hand land face up?

Four - TE: Superior, Alleyway Rumble

A young woman desperately runs through the back alleyways of South Cape City, screaming at the top of her lungs. The man chasing her was psychotic, and she couldn’t have been sure, but just before he began chasing her, she thought she saw him brandishing a long-bladed hunting knife, and she didn’t intend to look back to confirm. She flew through these alleys, finally making her fatal mistake- she’d turned and ran straight down a dead-end.
She reached the backwall, turning to the man, who was wearing stalkings over the top of his head. He grinned, as he slowed down to a walking pace. “Your purse,” he said, talking another step toward her. “It might be a good idea if you threw it over here to me.”
The woman did as ordered- she tossed the purse to him, and he caught it in mid-air. He ripped through it, pulling out her wallet, letting go of the purse to rip open her wallet, extracting 27 dollars and some loose change.
“That’s it,” he spoke, answering his own question, dropping the leather wallet onto the ground. “I chase you all this way and that’s all you have?!” He screamed the last four words, and she backed into the wall, starting herself. “There’s got to be something you can pay me with for all this wasted time.”
“I got an ATM card in there, you can take all the money I have in my account, please, just don’t hurt me-”
He raised his knife, and she quickly shut her mouth, his grin widening even further, to the point of lunacy. “That’s not what I was talking about,” he said, continuing forward to her. From behind them, a door swung open, and a fat men in a sweaty white guinny-tee stepped out.”
“Heyous,” he said this as one word, and the attacker turned to him. “Wassa racket?”
“Murder,” the psycho said, tipping his knife to the man at the door, “want some?” The door man’s mouth dropped, and he immediately disappeared, the door slamming shut behind him. Even from this distance, they could hear the deadbolt snapping back into place. The attacker turned back to the girl. “Now then, where were we?”
“You’d better just go,” the girl said, “he’s probably already called the cops. You’ll go to prison forever!” She tried to be courageous and strong right then, but it came off more or less as a weak bravado.
“Don’t you worry, girly,” he returned, snickering. “I’ll be finished with you long before anyone gets here.” He started towards her again, as the girl screamed out for help, trying in a vain desperate attempt to claw through the brick wall behind her.
This is not happening right now oh Lord oh God David I’m sorry I cheated on you God please don’t let me die I’ll be good this time I swear it-
He was upon her now, raising the knife above his head, the smile fading from his face. Fear, he began to think, it’s a beautiful thing. That moment before death-
“Hey you down there,” a voice came from above, startling the attacker. He stopped where he was, giving his intended victim one second, and it was one second she didn’t intend to waste. It was also one second he’d live to regret.
She raised her leg up, and using all the strength she had left, kicked him in his crotch, hard enough where he lifted up off the ground. He tried to scream- but blood came out, making a small splash against the wall. The girl backed up, as the attacker dropped his knife, falling down onto both knees. If he knew that this was only the beginning of his suffering, he may have left right then and there.
The girl then ran as fast as she could, looking back just once, and what she saw, she would later excitedly tell anyone who would listen.
A woman came down from above, dropping roughly twenty-five feet, and landed (perfectly) on her feet. This is when the girl had turned, but if she had known what was to happen, she would’ve stopped to watch- and most assuredly enjoyed it all.
The attacker, a petty low-life criminal named Damien Roark, now attempted to get to his feet. He tripped over himself, and because his hands were too busy attempting to protect any part of himself, he landed face first on the concrete, breaking both his nose and two front teeth. Fresh blood covered his face and shirt now, and this time, through a maddening blind rage, he found himself coming to his feet.
He picked up the knife, turning to the woman who just arrived, and through his hazy vision, he could not make out any distinguishing characteristics. If he hadn’t landed on his face, and had been able to see clearly, things would’ve ended differently for Damien. Some might say it was pure, blind justice.
“You- you stupid bitch,” he said, tightening his grip on the knife. “You’re gonna pay for that.”
“You pray on the weak, little man,” she said, reaching behind her to something on her back with both hands. “Try coming after me.”
He let out a guttural scream, and ran toward this woman. Damien was quick alright, and may have gotten the drop on her at 100% of his strength. Once again, he tripped over himself, sprawling forward, but after that he never even hit the ground. The woman swung the object in her hands catching him dead in the stomach. There was an audible noise- SQUEAK- and Damien Roark was sent at blistering pace backward, his body slamming into the brick wall behind them. His body actually broke some of it upon impact- and he became temporarily stuck in the wall, unable to move, his mouth an ‘O’ of complete surprise.
In the distance, the woman could hear the sirens, and she knew it was time to be gone. Damien Roark’s last sight, which was now almost crystal clear, was of the woman boarding what appeared to be a bicycle- but a bicycle that wasn’t even there, as though it were invisible. As she peddled the air, she began to lift upwards, and was suddenly gone. When Damien Roark awoke thirty hours later, he would make these claims. In a world such as ours, he would’ve been locked away in an institution. In the world of TE: Superior, however, he was looked at with disgrace and a little pity.
One officer said to him, laughing in spite of himself. “Never screw with Raini-Woman. Teh Qween’ll have your head.”

Five - TE: Superior, SBiF-Man Meets The Traveler

Martin Roberts woke up that morning, reeling from a somewhat unusual night. He didn’t much leave his smallish apartment in South Cape City. Not, at least, when he was his mild-mannered BullsEye employee self. During times of danger however, when the world needed to be saved, he became SBiF-Man, defender of honesty, freedom and the patriotic way. He couldn’t fly (not that he need to- very few of the dangers of this world were airborne), but he was possessed super-speed (his friends at HoH could attest to that) and he had some super-human strength.
He walked over to his closet, opening it up. Inside were only two outfits- a red and khaki ensemble, and his light-blue spandex jumpsuit he wore when he assumed the role of SBiF-Man. Hung over the back was a plain red cape, and embroidered on the chest was a black diamond with the letters “SBiF” inside.
Unlike most, if not all the other heroes, he kept his two identities secret from one another- thee was a time when being a hero was only a part-time gig, but that was before, when the world of Heroes was short on the such. There were parts of his personal life, his girlfriend, his family and friends, he wished to keep out of the loop. He wanted time for a life- real one, of normalcy, but “the world would always need saving,” as the HoH leader Freedan might say. Martin didn’t know how true that actually was, or more importantly, how true it would soon be,
Work was at eight-o-clock sharp on this Tuesday morning, a day he expected to be just like any other- he would arrive at work (with hopefully no distractions, as he found himself in usually, some random compromising situation, foiling an unsuitably over-anxious criminal, a hold up at some local convenience store). He’d just about run out of reasonable, believable excuses for such tardiness- it was becoming more and more impossible to keep it up without losing his job (not that he’d mind, all that much).
At Bullseye store 2911, he’d constantly help out the guestomers (Bulleyes Corporation’s brilliant marketing ploy- the customers were also their guests within the store, thus the combination of the two) that were not only uncurteous, but often downright overbearing. You could easily find yourself smiling at one of the guestomers (So stupid, Martin constantly thought when he spoke the word) while they were berating you for being totally incompetent.
There were also other aspects of this job he’d found himself in a strange plac4e- he could easily (and speedily, for that matter) do most of the daily work himself, but in his attempt to hide his “real” self, would ask for Assisted Lifts on furniture most could carry on their own. Sometimes, when he would be on the other side of the building, and needed to be at the cash registers up front, he’d intentionally take extra time to get there.
For the most part he liked the job he had, but felt he didn’t need to be put as the best for everything there. He left that honor to those who really did do their absolute best.
Lost in his own private thoughts, he’d found himself already dressed for work, his blue suit packed away in a small book bag, and he set off for his job. He would’ve gotten there that day too, just as another other, had fate not intervened. In fact, he would never enter Bullseye again.

He was walking down the sky-scraper lined Forty-Third and Terra-Drive, when he stopped, a man standing directly in his path. He looked young, no more than twenty-two or so, but on closer inspection, he appeared to be much older than that. Wrinkles had found their way onto the young man’s face, creasing his forehead. Crows feet had only just made their appearance known to him. And his look, not his overall appearance, but the way he would look directly at you- seemed to show the face of a man who’d seen much beyond what a man of his age should have.
Martin continued to walk to his, and just as he would have passed him, the man spoke both softly and quietly, not that anyone besides the two of them would have hear either way. “We must speak, for your world is in dire need.”
Martin stopped and looked to him, “What did you just say,” looking at this strange man quizzically.
“There isn’t any need to play this game with me, for I already know who you are, SBiF-Man.”
Martin tried not to look surprised, he’d appeared so either way, as no one had ever come this close to the truth about him. “I’m sorry sir, but you’re mistaken-”
“There isn’t time,” the man cried out now, “we must speak in private and at once, for what knowledge I possess may be the only key to your world’s salvation.”
Martin thought he’d seen insane before now, both as SBiF-Man and Martin, but looking into those grey-green eyes, he couldn’t help but listen to him now either way.
:Where, then?”
“The Hall of Heroes. No one person can stop this treat, and I’d prefer to not waste any tim in telling the same tale twice. So go and change into SBiF-Man, or whatever you need to, I shall meet you there as soon as possible.” He seemed about ready to turn and leave, but then stopped, looking back to Martin. “Please, for the sake of the ones you love, do make haste.” The stranger, whom Martin now just noticed was wearing some sort of lab coat, walk into the crowd, disappearing amongst the many faces and gatherings of people. Martin, also known as SBiF-Man, for the first time in his life, stood absolutely speechless.

TO BE CONTINUED, as Episode 1: Part Two will be released shortly...
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09

Last edited by SoulBlazerFan on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

woooo what a cool story O_o respect, man, really

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! Respect to your writing-skills and the effort you're putting into this Smile I'll also send you some name-suggestions for the remaining letters...

By the way, a couple of misstakes I've stumbled across...:

“After ll, there are no stupid questions,” he cocked a thumb over to Axe. “Only stupid people.”

At Bullseye store 2911, he’d constantly help out the guestomers (Bulleyes Corporation’s brilliant marketing ploy

There were also other aspects of this job he’d found himself in a strange plac4e-

and I’d prefer to not waste any tim in telling the same tale twice
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

that was awesome. cant wait for the next part(s)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: