TerraEarth Forums

SmashCraft (Smash Bros Warcraft)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:48 am   Post subject: SmashCraft (Smash Bros Warcraft) Reply with quote

i decided today to see if i could make a SSB-esque game using the Warcraft World Editor. I still am working on my Terranigma map (up to the fun stuff now, Dragoon Castle and onwards Very Happy ), just this is an idea too good to dwell on.

basically itll use the arrow keys, with 6 attacks per character, roughly equivalent to the A, side-A, down-A, B, side-B, up-B attacks.

im still not sure if i'll be able to get this to work, but if i do, would anyone be interested in playing it? it'll of course be multiplayer, and feature a few interesting characters.

on the topic of characters, any suggestions for characters from any game/anime (preferably that im familiar with)? Ark of course will be in it without a doubt.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think smashbros on wc3 would lack the main feature that makes the difference between ssmb and other fighting games: the high speed

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
I think smashbros on wc3 would lack the main feature that makes the difference between ssmb and other fighting games: the high speed

oh i can make it fairly fast-paced, i do want it to be fun, instead of waiting like 5 minutes to fall down.

and i got the movement working to some extent, it is a bit odd at times, but does the job fine.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:

oh i can make it fairly fast-paced, i do want it to be fun, instead of waiting like 5 minutes to fall down.

and i got the movement working to some extent, it is a bit odd at times, but does the job fine.

well then... do it! i'd love to play it since i like wow and ssmb!

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

well then... do it! i'd love to play it since i like wow and ssmb!

was testing it yesterday, it does a few funny things but i think i know how i can fix them. now i just need to make more characters. Very Happy
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 40

Postu8312n008 Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

chrono from chrono crusade would be 1337 Laughing
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

u8312n008 wrote:
chrono from chrono crusade would be 1337 Laughing

do you mean the anime chrno crusade?

Gems 40

Postu8312n008 Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yah, although i reaed the manga, you can never watch the anime and read the manga,only one. its the law!
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

u8312n008 wrote:
yah, although i reaed the manga, you can never watch the anime and read the manga,only one. its the law!

I know, and just imagening to not be able to see Death Note as an anime gives me the creeps! Thank god I hate mangas Very Happy
地裏のラーク

Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 134

PostRark Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
u8312n008 wrote:

I know, and just imagening to not be able to see Death Note as an anime gives me the creeps! Thank god I hate mangas Very Happy
What, honestly? D: I thought the generic visual style of the Death Note anime made it look pretty crappy in comparison to the powerful B&W art of the manga. Besides it's a series in which the characters mostly.. talk and THINK, I could imagine more interesting things to watch 'animated' .A.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rark wrote:

What, honestly? D: I thought the generic visual style of the Death Note anime made it look pretty crappy in comparison to the powerful B&W art of the manga. Besides it's a series in which the characters mostly.. talk and THINK, I could imagine more interesting things to watch 'animated' .A.[/quote]

Naah. I've looked into the manga, and it doesn't stand a chance. Death note is maybe the best animated non-action-anime ever. And they also set the benchmark especially for thinking people. You feel the same pressure when Yagami Light thinks as when Tezuo crushes tanks in Akira. And the eyes... THE EYES!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: