TerraEarth Forums

Metroid: SR388 and a rumor on Metroid Trilogy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:09 am   Post subject: Metroid: SR388 and a rumor on Metroid Trilogy Reply with quote

I paid a visit to my favorite metroid fansite, The Metroid Database and check out the news articles. I stomped into this game trailer make me Mouth drops open

Here's the article:
Quote:
Metroid: SR388 Trailer Unveiled!

Hello everyone, we have some great Metroid news today. After years of staying shrouded in secret, independent game developer/composer Von Richter has blessed us with a glimpse of what could be the greatest Metroid Fan Game EVER MADE. It is called Metroid: SR388, and to fans like us, the title alone instantly brings fond memories of the metroid's birthplace to our heads. Other than completely new graphics with contributions from yours truly, the game also features Super Metroid's beloved Samus sprite, but now with hundreds of more frames of animation to allow super-smooth 60fps movement. It also has phenomenal particle effects and explosions, bringing 2D adventure gaming to the next level. You can choose to watch the YouTube version or directly download the higher-quality trailer exclusively from the MDb hosted through FilePlanet. It's a good time to be a Metroid fan, folks. This one looks like it's here to stay!

High Quality Trailer Download
YouTube - Metroid: SR388 Trailer

Also ran into the rumor:

Quote:
The first rumor has it that Retro Studios is interested in updating Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 for the Wii using Prime 3's acclaimed Wiimote controls. This is certainly likely, considering there had been a rumor before the Wii launched that old Gamecube games would be updated for the Wii as budget titles. At the same time, it is highly unlikely that any other significant changes will be made to the games (you should not expect to find updated graphics, for instance, though it's possible the audio might be remastered at a higher quality), though we can only hope that Retro will clear up the discrepancies between the US and EU/JP/AU versions of Metroid Prime's narrative, which have caused so much confusion and frustration among fans.

My metroid dreams would come true if they doing do it... Bouncy
Level 4: Living Statue

Level 4: Living Statue

Gems 436

PostBrainfire2008 Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! thats Surprised i dont know what to say.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well im certainly looking forward to MP1 and 2 on Wii, cause i cant play em on cube. I just cant get the controls, too difficult for me
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Metroid SR388 website is up!

http://metroidsr388.com/

And re-release games Metroid Prime 1 and 2 been confirmed for Wii in next year. Prices will be $30 each.

Tip: Pikmin and Pikmin 2 also confirmed for re-released as Wii verions too. So is other GCN games too. I wonder what's new with Wii version of GCN games? Perhaps more features and upgraded controls?
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,008

Postgavdaman88 Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This SSR388 game is promising, but there has been about 10 or so of them at least. This one is going well though and the demo version was promising.

When will nintendo wake up and remake sr388.... sigh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: