TerraEarth Forums

Playstation 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammerit
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
As for mods, you can mod an Original (large model) PS2, but the older PS2s tend to be unstable, and have trouble playing later games such as Kingdom Hearts 2, God of War 2, Xenosaga 3, and Final Fantasy XII. There exist roms for PC, but they are extremely difficult to find and even more difficult to run successfully. However, Logitech has released PS2 controllers for PC, so if you do find roms, you can play them naturally.

The even more severe problem with PS2 emulators and roms is that they're very slow and you'll most likely see nothing but a nice and stylish, but not very amusing lowfps diashow.

So the best choice probably is to simply put the 100$ on the table and get yourself the real thing. I bought mine mainly to play PSX games (since my PSX had broken down ;/), but soon found some quite amusing PS2 titles I'm still playing rather frequently.

I would suggest: Suikoden III, Dynasty Warriors 3+4, FFXII and FFX (if you like just partially interactive CG movies). The biggest plus of the PS2 however is that it allows you to play the good ol PSX titles as well Smile.

Game Designer
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I said, no PS2 for me in the near future.
But I stadet that I'd be happy to get a used SNES for Christmas, and since there are lots of people in our village with working SNES's that are not used, it's very possible.

Oh, and I even know where our cardridge of Terranigma is Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: