TerraEarth Forums

Deus Ex Terra - Chapter 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moddex
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 1,000

PostModdex Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:53 pm   Post subject: Deus Ex Terra - Chapter 1 Reply with quote

I got bored the other day and decided to write a fanfic of good old Terranigma. This story basically runs as a sequel to the game, albeit some changes and shocking similarities. This is only the first chapter as mentioned and more will be on the way as I work on it. (I'm glad someone logged on to at least view it...)

Deus Ex Terra Copyright Moddex James Everest, 2005 - 2007. Some rights reserved.

As tribute to the game, I give credits to Square Enix for the game and its storyline, even though they dropped ownership of the game circa 2002 when Squaresoft and Enix joined as one. The game honestly lost its trademark probably around 1998 when the sales for the game weren't enough to keep the game afloat, therefore, the game lost all its copyrights and trademark protection.

Well, here it is.

===============================================

How much time has passed...? Days, months, years, centuries, millenia... I cannot begin to describe the dramatic changes the world has experienced since the Darkness has been hushed. I feel somehow... Missing something to me. Memories are so blanketed. And ever since her disappearance, I've felt very lost and confused. And that time has been aeons since. I've even forgotten my name, or what my purpose was. All I remember is that Darkness once prevailed and now the world is at peace. And her... It has been this way for thousands of years. But what can I do now? I live here in this world, life time after life time. I don't age, I don't record, and I don't experience. I've even come so far as to conclude that I may not be even human. What am I...?

It's cold now. Very cold. Everyone left a long time ago to the sky above. In machines of white steel that roar in the sky like nothing of this world. Such strange people. They have a thriving planet and they leave. I can only wonder... I guess all I can do is sleep. Not like there's anything for me to do. I haven't been needed since I can remember...

Chapter 1 - Awakening

"Watch as he slumbers, the Keeper of Balance. He is but a mere soul now -- waiting and slumbering for the Day of Awakening. He senses a side of him missing. His internal half is not one with him. In this, the balance is waning and the Darkness will return when the world is least prepared for it. In advance, he shall soon awaken in a new body so that he may carry out his duty over the world.

But first, a host must be found to bore the Keeper of Balance into the surface world. There is still one last place left in the world which can bare the Child of Light.

It will be harsh... And what's more, out of place. I wish I did not have to bring him into such an abstract realm" -- so said that which is called "I Am"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tossing and turning, a young boy finds himself teetering on the edge of consciousness and sleep. He golden tipped hair spined outward in huge tufts which shimmered by the koi moon which hid itself from time to time behind a passing cloud.

"He's waking up again.", spoke a soft, muffled voice of a young woman. "Yes... He has been like this since he first appeared here. You seem surprised.", replied the murmuring voice of an old man. The door separating the voices and the youth creaked open to reveal a face outlined by the light in the hallway, forming a silhouette of a young woman. "I worry, Elder... He hasn't been well for the past few days. Do you think he'll die like the others?", she said, speaking more softly and sullenly. "I have a feeling this youth might make it... Please, Elhaym. Take care of him for me while I check on the others.", requested the old man.

Elhaym nodded and crept further in. She carried with her a bowl and rag with cool water. She dipped the rag and placed it on the young boy's head to cool his fever. "I am sorry you are in such pain... Please relax. I want to do all I can to save you.", she spoke eloquently. Her hair was of a mahogany tone, strands of black and red highlighting and accentuating a glow that seemed to air from her. In the light, it would dance in a spectrum of purples and blues. Her blue eyes shown a world of compassion and understanding for the boy. She was no older than he in appearance, but acted with experience and maturity far beyond her years as she professionally prepared a small dose of fever medicine from the night stand next to the boy's bed.

"Did you know there are other people appearing here too? They claim they wandered from a great hole in the earth that opened beneath them. They wore strange clothing of neither linen or cotton and was of clean colors and odd patterns. I wonder where you come from. Where any of you come from...", Elhaym whispered.

The boy's eyes opened slowly, his face flushed pale from his sweltering fever. He looked to Elhaym with a look of amazement and bedazzlement. "Are you... An angel...?", he asked, smiling with relief. Elhaym blushed and smiled. "Everything will be fine. I promise.", she said. "Now, breathe deep." Elly held the bowl of water and poured the medicine in carefully -- a thin mist trailed up from the bowl. The boy took a deep breath and inhaled the medicinal vapor. "Your fever shall soon pass. For now, rest at ease. You are now in Crysta."

Since this is a work in progress, I will continue to add to this thread until the chapter is complete. Then I shall move on to the next thread/chapter.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Very captivating! Can't wait for more!
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation !!!BOOK MATERIAL!!! Exclamation awesome writing skills, must know what happens Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: