50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Okay.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poor.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not my cup of tea, which is polite talk for it sucked.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:55 pm   Post subject: TerraEarth: Identity Reply with quote

TerraEarth: Identity

Introduction: Welcome to the TerraEarth Lexicon.

Looking back at my fanfictions, I have seen something quite disturbing. I was taking what could have been great stories and ruining them by either going too jejune or by focusing more on completing a story than telling a story worth reading.

So I am shaking the proverbial Etch-e-Sketch, going back to that big drawing board in the sky and will begin working on a completely new timeline for TerraEarth. As of this moment I officially decanonize the first five TE Fanfics and Kingdom Smarts. We’re starting from scratch. Those first five stories were cute, but they are not part of this timeline.

I am going to be taking my time with these stories, and they will be released as a serial. The first story in the lexicon is TerraEarth: Identity, the story you are about to read. It tells the tales of how some of the veterans met and how TerraEarth became what it is. If you like this story, then you should continue on in the series to the next story which will be entitled TerraEarth: Unity.

Welcome to the TerraEarth Lexicon.

[Auxilliary Note: I take some creative liberty with the backstory of those who have not gotten back to me yet, especially with the issue of time and date of joining.]

---

Chapter 1: Prehistory

Genesis

How do you create a world? Do you build up an image in your mind, and hope that the puzzle pieces fall into place? Or do you start building first, hoping to get an idea of what your world will be when it is complete? And once you have built a world, how do you protect it?

Give your world defenders. Have them teach their children the sacred duty of protecting and nurturing the world you have built. In blood and spirit let your guardians know that their sole purpose is to defend the gift you have given them.

And then, introduce chaos.

Recall

Extracting data… attempting to recompile timeline. Bear with us for one moment please.

Accessing… data corrupted… please input necessary components.

Access granted… beginning recompilation…

Critical Error 404- File Not Found.

Abort, Retry or Fail? Retry.

Beginning recompilation…

Critical Error 404- File Not Found.

Abort, Retry or Fail? Abort.

Operation Aborted. Standing by.

Database will now attempt a computer simulation… accessing all available information…

Engage

Historical Account- The History of TerraEarth
October 19, 2000
Michigan, USA
Earth

Boxxleman sat down staring at his computer screen. He wasn’t sure what was wrong. His world was perfect. He had created it from a slapdash template, but still this was his finest hour.

So what was bothering him? He sipped on a cup of coffee trying to determine what critical element he had missed, what form he had botched. What entropy he had unleashed on the net.

He double-checked. And then triple-checked. It was fine. Perfect. Wait, was that it? Was it too perfect? Boxxleman stood up and paced around his room. He glanced over at his bed, where his DVD-binder was still sitting, open to the world. He pushed it aside and lay on his bed, trying to think about what was wrong.

It was not really that big a deal. It’s a Homestead account. It should be fine. Calling it perfect was actually a bit of joke. It was okay. A few graphics here, some lines there. It was good. But what was he missing?

Exodus

Simulation 413-A
Date unknown
Location not specified.
Earth

Ark’s alarm was ringing. He did not want to get up. He hated the morning and everything about it. He didn’t really hate the morning, but when one is torn from the sweet slumber of a dreamless sleep and forced to face the monotony of real life, they cling to their sheets like a life preserver.

He tried to find the snooze button, but in his haze he only managed to turn up the volume. He finally ripped the power cord out of the wall socket and grudgingly got up. It was time to go check out this new website he had come across last night called TerraEarth.

Simulation 413-B
Date unknown
Location not specified.
Earth

Jamesvenz. That was a good name. He chose a password and entered in all the information that he had memorized since he was five and then… he was in.

It was a weird sensation. It was almost like he was at home. Almost.

Historical Account- User Entered: eFlare
July 14, 2002
The Netherlands
Earth

eFlare had found the answer to his gaming problem, and the night had already been going well. Poor eFlare, stuck in the Netherlands where the hit SNES RPG Illusion of Gaia was released as Illusion of Time. He downloaded a ROM of Illusion of Gaia, assuming that it was a different game, but upon realizing their shocking identical nature, his mind was filled with questions. The one that came to the forefront was: Why?!

But this site www.terraearth.com had the answer. And it was pretty cool to boot. He signed into terraearth for the first time.

Simulation 414-A
Date unknown
The Netherlands
Earth

eFlare had been offering help for a while now and….

Warning! Timeline gap! Error 712!

Allow, or Reboot? Allow.

Entering necessary data…

eFlare had been offering help for a while now and had become a pretty popular member. He was not the only member of TerraEarth who knew his programming, but his views were invaluable to Boxxleman.

And now, they were launching Board #2. The new board would be directly part of TerraEarth. And he had been given the prestigious title of Administrator of this board. Not a bad day for eFlare.

Simulation 415-F
Date unknown
Canada
Earth

Simulation could not provide useful timeline information…

Accessing alternatives…

Simulation 416-J

Timeline compiler has failed…

Creation Theory

Attempting to reboot from last saved compilation…

Critical Error 404- File Not Found…

Abort, Retry or Fail? Fail.

Timeline creation has failed…

Chapter 2: The Desert

Desert between Minimaly and Nazca Ruins…

“It must be here somewhere,” Ark4Elle said, more to himself than anyone else. “Where is it?” He moaned, the heat draining him. “I know it was here somewhere!”

He continued along the desert sands, stumbling and quaking, embarrassed at his weakness. This was not the way a god should be acting. But he cared no more. All he wanted was some sign of its existence.

And then he saw the shadow. He glanced up, and it was not a rain cloud that he saw.

Dao

“Val,” Axe Kazama complained. “Are you sure about this?”

“Look the map leads to the all treasures and all secret places of the world!” Valerie Valens chided. “We know it’s probably in the Great Pyramid, so that’s where we’re gonna look.”

“But I mean come on!” Axe continued. “There’s got to be an easier way than this!”

“Hey, if you don’t want to come along, nobody is forcing you,” Valerie Valens smiled as she walked into a café.

Axe cursed and kicked the sand. “I still say we should have tried Mt. Temple.”

The café was a small classy place. Multi-colored drinks were served out of neatly organized glasses. The tables were covered in white clothes and even the barstools had small post-modern arched backs. Val sat down and ordered a tonic, Axe just ordered a glass of water. He didn’t have enough gems to get fancy, but then he was new to the treasure hunting game.

“How did a girl like you get in this business?” Axe asked. “It sucks.”

“Well, I’m not exactly normal,” Val said.

She was clearly not. Sporting a prosthetic right side and a magical left, she was a unique person alright. She had two angel wings, the right one robotic, tied to a gem in between her breasts that served as a power source for the magitech wing.

“So you were trained by that dude from South Cape and decide that treasure hunting is the job for you? I mean you could be a knight,” Axe said.

“I could,” Val scoffed. “If I wanted to lead a life of boring conformity. Besides I like the thrill, you know?”

Axe mumbled something under his breath, but Val paid him no mind. Her ears perked up as she noticed a man glancing at her from across the room. He sat at a table near a window, wearing a white collared shirt that was opened, revealing a grey t-shirt underneath. He wore black fingerless gloves, one of which was clasped firmly around a large lance the rested beside him. He wore black jeans and matching boots. He was chewing on a toothpick, running his free hand through his short brown hair.

Val glanced aside, to take her drink, but then looked back at him. He had turned his attention to a man who was sitting across the table from from him. This man wore a black hood and said nothing as the other spoke.

“I’m a treasure hunter now,” the man said calmly. “I’m not interested in dealing with guys like you anymore. I’m heading to the Great Pyramid and when I get my hands on that map I’ll be able to lead a nice comfortable life on my own.”

It was the hooded mans turn to speak now. “You will never escape your past, Jason Tandro. Remember that.”

“Please, Remus. Let’s not play games. We both know because of this,” Jason pointed to a scar on his right cheek. It was shaped like five diamonds interlocked together, almost like the playing card. “I won’t be getting rid of you. But the least you can do is let me be. Consider this my retirement.”

Val was now very interested in this young man, and even more so in the nefarious person he was sitting opposite. Axe tapped her on the shoulder.

“It’s rude to eavesdrop,” Axe said.

“That guy mentioned the Great Pyramid. I’ll bet he’s after the map!” Val hissed. “And that other guy looks like a real creep.”

“You will submit to my demands!” Remus shouted. He raised a clawed hand and sent a burst of lightning at Jason. He was hit hard and fell back over his chair. He reached for his lance and swung it upwards in retaliation, but Remus grabbed the blade with his other hand and stopped it from progressing.

A bartender walked up.

“Hey! Take your fights outside!” He shouted.

Remus let go of the lance and nodded. “You grow weak, Jason Tandro. I’ll be returning for you soon…”

Remus walked out of the pub, taking a pasing glance at Valerie who averted her eyes. Once he was gone, she walked over to Jason.

“You need a hand?” She asked, extending hers.

Jason looked up and smiled. “Well, I’m seeing angels, that can’t be a good sign.”

Valerie rolled her eyes. “Yeah. Nice line.”

Jason stood up slowly, clasping onto her hand. He sat back in his chair and gestured for he to take the seat opposite of him. Axe still sat awkwardly at his seat by the bar, not sure whether or not to join them. Valerie looked back and hissed, waving her hand emphatically, and so he finally decided to join them.

“Jason Tandro,” Jason said extending his gloved hand.

“Uh,” Valerie fumbled over her words. Not sure what to make of this man she answered. “Joan…”

Axe glanced over at Valerie skeptically and Jason caught this.

“Well then, Joan, nice to meet you,” Jason smiled. He turned his attention to Axe. “You are?”

“Axe Kazama,” Axe replied, not seeming to take any hint of intimidation from Jason.

“Pleasure to meet you. I’m guessing by the way you were glancing over at me that you saw my little skirmish?” Jason asked.

Valerie nodded. “Sorry. Didn’t mean to eavesdrop.”

“Oh, I get it. You’re treasure hunters too, eh?” Jason clapped his hands together. “That makes things a bit clearer.”

“Basically,” Axe noted. “Are you going after that map in the Pyramid?”

“Well yeah,” Jason nodded. “I think I know where to find it, but I’ll need some help. Perhaps we can help one another out?”
Valerie shifted uncomfortably in her seat. “Well, I suppose so. You seem a little eager, though.”

“I don’t waste time with small talk,” Jason grinned. “I get the job done fast and efficiently.”

“Wow, he really doesn’t waste time,” Axe chuckled. “Except when he’s boasting.”

Jason laughed. “Well I do tend to brag, but I am good at what I do. And based on your presence here I am guessing that you, at least, know what you’re doing as well.”

Valerie put her hand through her hair. “Oh we are also very good at what we do. But you’ll get to see that first hand.”

Jason nodded. “Alright then. Three is a lucky number I say we make it a party. Let’s start by sharing what we know.”

Data configured… Confirming event details…Classification: True… Moving on to next project…

Chapter 3: The Castle

KaleFlame sat at his desk, double-checking his work. He was sure that this could not be right. He thoroughly checked everything. He knew that somewhere… somewhere somebody had made a mistake. But no… it was airtight all right.

The town of Minimaly was wiped off the map, and nobody knew who had done it. He had been assigned the unpleasant task of finding out who was responsible and he decided that now would be a good time to decide whether or not his protégé was worthy of the title of Moderator.

“Blade, won’t you join me?” KaleFlame called.

Into KaleFlame’s office walked a young man wearing somewhat ratty clothes carrying a long sword lazily to one side.

“You called?” Blade asked.

“I need your skills,” KaleFlame said.

“Oh good. You’ve got another group of bandits for me to split up or is it something with more substance?” Blade asked, sliding sideways into a chair.

“Bandits? I wouldn’t want you to hurt your own kind,” KaleFlame said coolly.
Blade grinned and clicked his teeth. “Don’t pretend you don’t love me.”

“Look, I need somebody who doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty, and you came to mind,” KaleFlame said.

“Oh, sounds interesting,” Blade said sitting up straighter, but still incorrectly. “What’s the deal?”

“It’s a rather serious matter. An entire town decimated, and nobody knows by whom,” KaleFlame read.

“Hey, I agreed to help you out from time to time, but this sounds like a training op. You’re not planning on roping me into a Moderator gig are you?”

KaleFlame rubbed his forehead. “That was the idea.”

Blade scoffed. “Pass.”

“Listen. I’ve never met anybody with such raw talent in my life. You could go quite far if you applied yourself,” KaleFlame choked a bit at the end as if it was taking every ounce of him to admit this fact.

Blade shrugged. “The problem is I don’t want to.”

“Look, fine. I’ll pass you over for the Moderator job, but I still want you to look into this. Nobody else has your talent for getting information,” KaleFlame sighed.

“That’s because I do whatever it takes,” Blade grinned as he stood up. “Where am I going?”

--

The Minimaly ruins were a horrible sight, and Blade had seen plenty. He grew up with a group of Marauders and had spent his life since then living in a cabin in the Evergreen Forest. This was, of course, not the only aspect about his personality, but the only thing that most people cared about. Here, they figured, is a person with street smarts.

Of course Blade had learned the dubious arts of thievery, lock-picking and so forth, but he was generally too kind hearted to employ them. Of course based on the charred remains of the city that lay before him, he began to seriously question whether anything he knew would be of use to him.

“Freeze!” Came a voice from behind him. Blade turned and a rifle bullet went hissing by his head.

Standing in front of him was a large man holding a rifle. He wore dark glasses and had on a leather suit that was apparently designed to absorb bullets.

“Are you the one that did this?” Blade asked.

“Huh!” The man grunted. “That’s a hell of a thing to be asking me. I figured it was you. But I see now you’re nothing but a bandit. Ain’t no way you could pull of this fireworks show.”

Blade sheathed his sword and rubbed his forehead. “I was sent here by KaleFlame and…”

“Did I say you could move yet?” The man hissed.

“Did I ask permission?” Blade retorted.

The man was deathly silent for a moment, but then he burst into laughter. “Damn, man you’re one gutsy son-of-a-bitch. Not many people would mouth off to a guy with a rifle pointed at them.”

And with that, the man lowered his weapon and extended his right hand. “The name is Deathpit.”

“Blade,” Blade responded tentatively clasping the man’s hand. “So what’s going on here?”

“I dunno. I saw it all from my airship, the Red Riotz. The town just blew up and… well I come down to find you here,” Deathpit said.

“We have to go report this to KaleFlame. Can we take your airship back?” Blade asked.

“No problem,” Deathpit grinned. “But I hope you like fast rides.”

---

“This is disturbing,” KaleFlame sighed. “Alright then. I am going to have you two continue with your investigation.”

“Hey, I said I didn’t want a permanent gig,” Blade shot back.

“That is why I am giving both of you special titles. You shall henceforth be known as Descendents. You have the authority of Moderators when the need arises, but you aren’t bound by the paperwork, so to speak,” KaleFlame explained. “Now go and bring me back this evil.”

Data configured… Confirming event details…Classification: True… Moving on to next project…

[b]Next Time:

The TerraEarth:Lexicon has just begun. The next story TerraEarth: Unity will showcase some of the big name stars of the TerraEarth universe, such as Rainichan, Freedan, SoulBlazerFan, Aoiga, Fixy, Chicken and Muerte. It will tell the tale of how the truly elite veterans all came together and unified in the protection of TerraEarth.

After that will be TerraEarth: Crisis, which tells that tale of how Ark4Elle got started on the virus that would eventually bring TerraEarth to its knees and how the brave warriors of TerraEarth stood against him and defended it.

Next comes TerraEarth: Absolute. That’s right. The next in the timeline is the long-awaited TerraEarth RPG.

After TerraEarth:Absolute… who knows?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Do keep going with this story project. The original TE: A is still my favourite though, sorry to say. Very Happy However, this looks to be promising.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the old stories. Damn your retconning. Mad

Sorry, didn't mean to blow my top there. I'll just retcon that comment. Very Happy

But this looks to be interesting, so we're still cool. Cool Guy

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
I liked the old stories. Damn your retconning. Mad

Sorry, didn't mean to blow my top there. I'll just retcon that comment. Very Happy

But this looks to be interesting, so we're still cool. Cool Guy

Oh shit, are we becoming the Final Fantasy 7 Retcon Wankfest Complication Compilation, only in TerraEarth sense?! Surprised

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what that is, but no.

Also, "wankfest". Heh.

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the old stories are still around. I just didn't want to repost them and waste more space. Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, I could send over the sheets for Freedan and Axe I made the other day. I haven't posted it up yet because I wanted it to be posted in order, starting from Boxxleman. Razz

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep in mind that my character's last name is spelled with an i, not an e. Valerie fancified it and spelled it wrong, damn it. Mad

*This post has been edited by the original poster on account of the fact that he's an idiot and still thinks of Valerie as Joan. One of these days, he hopes to get it right.*

Last edited by Freedan on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
I don't know what that is, but no.

Also, "wankfest". Heh.

What Square Enix did to Final Fantasy 7 with all the Compilation bullshit they added to it. There were retcons freaking EVERYWHERE.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also hate to nitpick, but at that point in time, Valerie haven't get gotten those bio-mechanical limbs. They come in later after she got into a bad accident involving a trap someone accidentally triggered, a giant boulder and her pushing them out of the way. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: