TerraEarth Forums

Duel of the Phoenix...ez...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> RP PunchUp Arena
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Azure Phoenix wrote:
...people have a problem with high tech stuff, yet you are fine with the concept of magic, i don't understand you people, btw just because something is large does not make it heavy, just like where in magic, just because it's small, doen't mean it's harmless, when the **** did you people decide all of this had to obey the natural laws of science etc. what is wrong with you, magic is unnatural, deal with it.

if you have a problem with what i'm using, i have a problem with what you are using, so sorry everphoenix, i am not continueing unless you declare to not use any magic based attacks, and while we're at it, you can't fly without wings, you can't jump as high as you normally would in this sorta circumstances, so you have now just limited yourself by having a go at what i'm using, you got a problem with any of the above then you'd better stop having ago at what i use, and just to make sure, valerie, keep your goddam nose out of this, i have no care for what you have to say in this matter, clear?

so to conclude this battle is off until further notice, everphoenix you can PM me if you have anything to say about this.

ill say this here instead. what you are doing with all your 'high tech' stuff is god-modding. you have all these awesome powers, with no need to trade-off anything. your technology appears out of nowhere and does massive damage. you can counter anything you want at a whim. no matter the size/shape/properties of whatever you are using, you remain unscathed from any attack, have dexterity that surpasses even completely unburdened FAIR players, and in general your arsenal of 'skills' is something most players would not even consider using, out of fairness.

no, magic does not have to follow natural laws of science. it does, however, follow some laws within itself. if you pull your stuff out of nowhere, and expect me to follow along, why cant i just use an instant kill spell on you, and expect you to obediently fall right into its effect, granting me the win?

my problem is not with what you use, its the way you present your case. as mentioned before, in a fair game, everything has to be balanced. a human-sized suit that has a hyperdrive, cryo guns, missile launchers, hidden bulletproof shields and cooling systems is NOT fair. especially when all the above components seem to take up no space whatsoever, weigh absolutely nothing, can appear at will, run purely off your will, and can still do enough damage to win you the battle.

if you insist i not use magic, and not fly, jump, etc... that severely limits you. no more back-mounted missile packs, no hyperdrives, no more absurd dexterity, etc etc. what i did wasnt complain about your systems, i merely shut them down. which i did by explaining why it worked, where the power came from. and i didnt pull anything out of nowhere. the 2 turns of stalling you gave me at the start are justification enough to have conserved enough energy to run around, and then EMP you. note that my 'magic' did have a limit, and until i pointed out that you were god-modding, your 'high-tech' stuff did not.

also, its a bad idea to have a go at a mod. valerie, being in charge of this board, is at perfect liberty to interfere.

in conclusion, before you start complaining about how someone is being unfair, look at what your own character is doing. if you can explain where it all comes from, and why it works... by all means, complain. but simply saying 'it has a compact power generator (that generates power out of thin air, takes no space and weighs nothing)' is not a satisfactory explanation why you get to use something so powerful.
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you should do some research into my character before you say anything, instead of making far out presumptions, you cannot deny the fact that you know nothing about my character at all, and when i told valerie to stay out of this, i was not making a referance to anything she did in the battle, i think it's fine, i was just making sure she does not bring about the subject of a character i had before which i admit was over powered, this one however you have condemmed without a second glance, if you wanna deny it then fine but at least know the details first, for instance i can only use the hyperdrive 2 times and i have to wait 6 turns for it to cool down in between the 1st and 2nd time, and the shield i used is really small, and it isn't an energy one, it's in small layer of bullet proof metal in the wrist plate of the suit that deploys at particular times, with your proximity i can defend against the gun since it has a smaller area that it hits, and may i also point out that you presume that my energy source produces heat and has to be large, have you ever thought that i might be utilizing magicite for energy? i didn't think so, learn the details! and when did i say it took up no space, these aren't the sort of missiles that you'd find on an f'ing fighter jet, they're nanite missiles, the hyperdrive is compact and thus can only be used twice and then is discarded, i do not pull things out of nowhere you just presume that i do so because you know nothing of my chracter, you also presume it takes up no space when in fact it does, i'm not weightless and the only way i can jump any higher than a human can is through jump jets which put me into the heavy weight region until my hyperdrive is used up and then i'm a bit lighter, the suit itself can pretty much be said to run on magic, and without it i'm pretty much dead, the power of the weapons is not that great if you've seen my persona and i was using one of my highest techs with the missile pods, there is pretty much no other tech that i have except a single element shift between cryo and plasma, i have no effective melee and once out of energy am pretty much a sitting duck since my regular weapons do no more damage than your sword could, once the energy is depleted there is no way of restoring it in battle since it isn't like MP or SP etc.

btw have you ever considered that i'm using a light weight metal for the suit? and that it isn't fully covered? in fact you haven't even ASKED about my character at all, you have insufficient data to say what you have, sort yourself out and get enough data before youdecide things, i object to your accusations on the grounds that most of what you've based it on is PRESUMPTION, YOU ARE NOT OMNISCIENT AND YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL, DO NOT PRESUME!

PS if you believe i'm still using the old character then get up with the times, i changed, one last thing i'd like to point out is that with a weapon like the one valerie gave you do you really think i'd be in one peice in any way if it had hit me?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

referee?

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well all you say there is well and good, although its still a bit nonsensical. perhaps if youd been smart enough to explain all this before, or if youd even thought to think about the way you phrase your turns, this argument wouldnt have happened.

unless that is, you just came up with all that as an excuse in order to make everything seem fair. you dont need to reveal all your secrets as you play, but you should at least explain why something works.

and as for the shield you put up...
1- how did you react so fast
2- how did you manage to move fast enough to place it up
youve only mentioned one hyperdrive, nothing localised on your hands or anything. and you didnt have your hands up as you were standing on the pillar.

magicite as an energy source? if youre using ff6 lore, youd know that with the 3 statues destroyed, there is no more magicite anywhere. unless youve fabricated the idea of this magicite from something completely unrelated.

and for someone who is wearing something you said yourself isnt light, you move awfully fast. i might add that it was without the 6 turn cooldown you said.

all this business about me not knowing your character, and you using it as an arguing point, only sounds like you are seeking any reason to throw off the fact that either someone beat you fairly, or that someone unveiled your own cheating.

to conclude, i would like the opinion of a mod/referee on this. any other member would be able to provide good input, just look at the actions of the battle beforehand.

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i was giving an example when i said magicite, there are other things that are similar that may be used, which i have utilised, in fact when my book is done you'll know about it, and btw i didn't quit at all, i stopped the battle until this was sorted out, yes i might've explained this beforehand so i apologise for not doing so, regarding how i defended i choose not to answer that, since if i hadn't done so i'd probably be in a lot of seperate peices right now, may i just point out that with the radar i can just barely see your movements which allows me to plan a reaction, maybe that might prove a partial explanation.

as for what i have:

the plate of bulletproof metal is inside the wrist plate and can be deployed in a slight movement, for other weapons plasma/cryo shots are fired from an emitter in my other wrist plate, all that's left is a dual power source that solves its own heat problems as one source produces cold energy and the other hot if you want to use those terms, the hyperdrive is basically like a backpack and is only good for two uses (being able to have more would just be boring) my skills and techniques are severly limited as i have no magic whatsoever making all my skills depend upon my main weapon, all controls are done via runes, so you could say this suit is ancient, i have no other weapons apart from 2 nanite missile pods that can be depolyed from a section of the suit above the power source, the entire thing is finished by armor plating (which pretty much gives me what vitality i have) the only other thing is jump jets which increase my normal jumping ability by x3

i could go on about weaknesses etc. but i'd be at a disadvantage, so is that better?

Btw the only actual thing that would be affected by a natural EMP would be the hyperdrive, the rest runs on an old system that is unlike modern electronics, if i didn't take precautions i'd be a sitting duck. Now, should we start again? or do you wanna take it from the EMP part, oh yeah and about the radar, you have made it unuseable for the next 3 turns, and the hyperdrive would indeed overload and blow up, but i most likely would've cast it off, and with that out of the picture i'm a bit more agile with a jump increase of x2 making my natural jumping ability 600% thanks to my jump jets

PS if you still have a problem then just say, i've yet to decide for certain whether or not i properly use this character, in this character i'm trying to be more unique, also i'd like to ask you about your character, if you have a persona to send then you should find my MSN address in the contact thread
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i think in future we should sumbit sheets or something so we can see what the other person has, as to be fair. that way no one can complain about god-modding in the middle of the duel.

although i think in a situation like this, both of us are too stubborn to admit defeat and will think of something to overcome anything the other person does.

as for my character, i havent put much thought into him. basically, i use an enchanted sword, the blade of which can absorb and focus energy. the energy takes time to gather, and i can use it at will. being energy in the form of pure power, i can use it to do anything i want. this will only work if i have enough energy to do what i want, and enough energy to convert the energy i will use into the correct medium.

e.g. for running very fast, i used a portion of the energy to move my legs at blinding speed, and more energy to stabilise my body structure so that i wouldnt get ripped apart by the massive forces resulting from such rapid movement.

i can also pulse the energy out of the sword, or for that matter any part of me. the energy, if released in pure form, is highly unstable, and will probably damage me as much as anything else in the area. in order to effectively release it i have to first expend more energy to move particles in the area around me to form a prototype of what i want, and then have the energy propagate it.

e.g. if i wanted to throw a fireball, i would have to find something to ignite, release a short burst of energy to ignite it, and then release more energy to expand the size of the fireball. i could theoretically do this under any environmental conditions, but the energy used to cause the initial ignition would be a lot more in a cold or damp environment.

without my sword i am not entirely helpless, as the fabric of the gloves i wear also absorbs energy, but it cannot store energy for longer than a few seconds before it dissipates. so anything i pull off will be notably less powerful.

energy manipulation aside, i am still more or less human (not really any 'limit break' kind of things unless my sword is charged with sufficient energy)

if i dont know the exact science behind any system, it will be difficult for me to instantly destroy it. i will need to overpower it, which will take time and large amounts of energy, depending on the target.

another limitation is that i cannot use energy to 'instant kill', through biological means, or otherwise. since the energy comes from my sword, and is manipulated by my will, it has to pass from me before it is used. although i will easily resist minute quantities of any element, any biological weapons will still be sufficiently potent to cause me harm

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure you haven't thought about your character? if i had to be honest i'd say that my character isn't me, it's just an image, if you wanna know what my actual "me" character is like i might post it up after my art exam is over, it is my best work, and in case you're wondering my current avatar is the character but just the face, the image i'll post is the full one. Anyway, pointless things aside, you want a rematch? Very Happy

i'm up for it but right now my techs are limited, the character is still experimental, i only have about 5 skills that i can use right now.

and this time i think i'll open with an isolation field (if i can get permission, maybe a license, the proper forms etc.), then we'll not get any help *glares at valerie* it'll just be down to us, no one else, then we'll have a fair match

well, are you game?
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

one last thing my agility is at B rank when it comes to stats
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont actually know my stats, but i can already predict the outcome of the match.

since your techs are finite in power and number of uses, i will win if the battle drags on for long enough

however if you manage to take me down before i can charge up enough energy to actually do anything awesome, you'll win.

we can have a rematch, but maybe a bit later on

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, you might wanna be careful, as of yesterday i have an overdrive skill that'd probably be just as deadly as you with all that energy

every minute you waste i get more stuff
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> RP PunchUp Arena All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: