TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma on DS? YES!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenc
Art Monkey

Level 11: Worlock

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:16 pm   Post subject: Terranigma on DS? YES! Reply with quote

Any owner of a DS and an R4 here should be happy.

http://www.snemul.com/ds/ get the V0.6 WIP2 version
Use no Speed hacks or else the game crashes as soon as you see yomi and other parts of the game.

The sound and grfx glitch sometimes but nothing game breaking so far and I have completed the first tower just now.

The game runs at a 60 to 80 percent speed which is slower but perfectly playable.

The only glitch that might pose a problem is the world map It glitches some grfx when going left to right or vica versa but not up and down. Which might still be doable with a world map memorized or at hand.

Seems this snes ds emu is pretty far >_> I am kinda mad they havnt updated it in about 9 months since it has so much potential.

STEAM: Lenc Chroso
BNET: Blindeduif#2260
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got this thing. it works well enough, but the graphics are a bit messed up on some parts. i loaded my terranigma, secret of mana and lufia 2 roms onto there, the saved files do work but some of the text and sprite layers are just horribly messed up. when i load my save in lufia 2, the sprites and layers are messed up and need to be fixed. half the layers dont even seem to exist. in terranigma it does run slowly, but the overworld map is unplayable, the layers are that messed
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

underworld is doable.. since i remember the map. Cept the overworld is just to much..

>_< I sooo wished I could play terranigma on a handheld. It makes me so mad that the games cept for the worldmaps is totally playable, but the emulator hasnt updated for half a year now Crying or Very sad

Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also PSP homebrew can run nigma, slowdown because of the weirdest things though ... like text boxes. 0_o
Lenc
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
Also PSP homebrew can run nigma, slowdown because of the weirdest things though ... like text boxes. 0_o

I have a psp but no one I know who can crack it for me.. that and i have 15+ legit psp games and no one can give me an awnser if i can still play them after the hack or the entire bricking problem >_<.

amnd slowdown of textboxes.. thats just plain horrible >_<

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, once your PSP is bricked, its bricked. You need to make sure if you do hack it, you get someone that's done it several times before... successfully.

And don't ever update it. Some updates will brick modded PSPs, just like with iPods. I honestly wouldn't do it, simply because there always is that risk, and PSPs are expensive.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's pretty impossible to brick them now as long as you have access to a Pandora battery and a Magic Memory Stick, but for the Pandora you need to either have somebody who is already on Custom Firmware, order one online, or hardmod a battery ... which means opening up the battery and severing a certain connection, which can be bad if you don't have a spare or don't have the stuff to fix the connection afterwards. Razz
Also, yeah, you can play your legit games after switching over to custom firmware, it's basically just a normal PSP with the added ability to run homebrew and ISOs.

That is of course, unless you have a PSP 3000, or a 2000 that started with firmware ... umm ... I think it was 4.01?

Updating it is fine as long as you're just updating it to the newest Custom Firmware, which you'll do often if you want to keep playing current releases.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
That is of course, unless you have a PSP 3000, or a 2000 that started with firmware ... umm ... I think it was 4.01?

Actually, some third-party accessory developer made a battery that was released in the PAL Regions (Europe, Australia) that makes Model 2000 & 3000 PSPs read old firmware, thereby bypassing that very issue. I can't remember what company made them though...

I know it wasn't Hori, Logitech, or Madcatz, but it might have been Performance, Nyko, or Action Replay...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Lenc
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ill pass the hacking until next gen handhelds. Then Ill buy the one as soon as i hear Snes can run on it. I heard iphone can do that, but its a to expensive machine I cant even afford 1 let alone another one if bricked.

Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Muerte wrote:

Actually, some third-party accessory developer made a battery that was released in the PAL Regions (Europe, Australia) that makes Model 2000 & 3000 PSPs read old firmware, thereby bypassing that very issue. I can't remember what company made them though...

I know it wasn't Hori, Logitech, or Madcatz, but it might have been Performance, Nyko, or Action Replay...

Datel, their lite blue tool battery could send a 3000 into service mode (or so it's said, could just be lighting up a black screen with a green power light), but as of yet nothing else can be done from it since there's no current way to do anything from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: