12%  [ 1 ]
Other. (explain)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really need formal education if you know what to do to help improve certain areas. Very Happy

*Has never taken formal art classes*
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

phenominal, to say.

they do look a little old, except the jackal did look a little young in the sprite, and he looks young here, too. great job with that.
seth looks a bit feminine, but that does make up for his horrible pasture in the japanese art xD

if we could see more, that would be lovely. but you dont have to x)
Hydra.7
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 1,000
Location: Someone told me Earth, but I don't believe them. c:

PostHydra.7 Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
You don't really need formal education if you know what to do to help improve certain areas. Very Happy

*Has never taken formal art classes*

Yey for self taught art-ness! Your art is amazing. :'D
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your take on the characters, although I do agree that from the point of view of the in-game universe itself, they all look a bit too old (with the possible exceptions of Neil and Jackal, who are meant to be older anyway).

I do think the official character designs in the Japanese manual look absolutely ridiculous; it lies somewhere between clowns and pixies. Razz I've always kinda loved the designs of Will and Kara from the European manual though. Smile

But yeah, you've got some great art going there. Perhaps you could maybe try your hand at the Terranigma characters next? I'd love to see your interpretation of their appearances. Very Happy
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it very much, specially Will, Kara, and Seth. Awesome, great job! I hope to see terranigma characters next time :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
thefencemaster
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was really good, although drawing is not something that I understand at all.

-The Fence Master
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand drawing perfectly....I just suck at doing it myself. Laughing

I'm pretty decent at imagining the scene that I would want to see though, and describing said scene to someone who CAN actually draw it (for a fee, of course). Wink

And with that said, I made a comment in the "Who would win in a fight?" thread in the IoG section, I'm planning on commissioning a big dramatic climactic type scene where Blazer, Will, and Ark (plus their respective girlfriends just for good measure) are walking away from a crashed exploding airship, but should I include Freedan and Shadow too? They do play a major role in IoG, but would also tend to skew the focus of the picture towards IoG and away from the other two games.
Hydra.7

Gems 1,000
Location: Someone told me Earth, but I don't believe them. c:

PostHydra.7 Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 pm   Post subject: hrmmmm.... Reply with quote

Maybe add a ghostly looking Freedan behind Will. I doubt Will would be able to fight on his own. And in the game Freedan is used often. c:
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:58 pm   Post subject: Re: hrmmmm.... Reply with quote

Hydra.7 wrote:
Maybe add a ghostly looking Freedan behind Will. I doubt Will would be able to fight on his own. And in the game Freedan is used often. c:

Hmm, I was thinking of including them, but in the end I decided that I agree with NoZKeY, it would unbalance the picture too much towards IoG. Also, I commission all my art from other people, and each character in the pic will cost me an extra $10, so evening things up by adding other characters as well would just get really expensive.

As to your comments about Will, I think he would be able to fight without Freedan and Shadow - it might take longer to do stuff, but he's young, smart and resourceful, he'd find a way through somehow I feel. Wink

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: