TerraEarth Forums

Progress Report 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:26 pm   Post subject: Progress Report 2 Reply with quote

Okay people. Here is some more updates and teasers about TE:A.

Secret Dungeons Galore

I have probably mentioned this before in general terms, but here are the specifics of the two secret dungeons.

Call of Eons
A secret cavern located somewhere in the world. It must be remotely opened through means that I won't go into Wink, but once you are there it will act as a backstory revealer. The four levels will each relate to the four main characters in your party as you lead them individually through trials and challenges not meant for ordinary gamers. The fifth and final level holds the most difficult enemy in the game. In the case of an Original Party, this dungeon becomes an extended backstory of the main character Enigma.

Tower of Babel Floors 6-100
In the same style as Sphere 211 from Star Ocean: Til the end of time, once you acquire three data disks you can reprogram the elevator to take you to floor 6, and climb up the tower the old fashioned way. As you get to each tenth level (Starting at 10) you can unlock a new elevator gate, so your progress is saved. At the top, your mettle will be challenged by eFlare and boxxleman themselves!

Book of...

Each main character in the game (21 total) will have a book in the Tower of Babel Culutral Center dedicated to them. If you wish to make a personal dedication as well as cite what you would like to appear in your book, please post them below and I will try to work with you. This can be quotes, backstory, random stuff, whatever, it's your book.

Props to Freedan for this idea. Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god sphere 211 i hate you. Sad At least you're not going the way of that stupid dungeon in Lufia 2, where you have to go 100 levels down without going back to the surface lest you start over again at floor 1! and I swear if you make the bosses be stupid where you have to beat them in 3 turns or less I will personally fly out to Virgina and kick your ass.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I was so inclined, I'm not sure I could enforce so stringent a timer with the battle system I currently use, so don't worry. And the Tower of Babel levels from 6-100 are one-room puzzle-based action, more than random enemy encounters (but on each tenth floor there is a boss enemy).

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Even if I was so inclined, I'm not sure I could enforce so stringent a timer with the battle system I currently use, so don't worry. And the Tower of Babel levels from 6-100 are one-room puzzle-based action, more than random enemy encounters (but on each tenth floor there is a boss enemy).

Oh, so it's sort of like Tower of Druaga in a sense? Solve the puzzle, move on to the next floor? That I can deal with. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

Oh, so it's sort of like Tower of Druaga in a sense?

= lot's of pants? Very Happy
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, some more info about TE:B

1. New Playable Characters: Metall Ark, Hydra.7, Lenc, Flamez.

But now I am probably going to also add: NoZKey, Ratty Randnums, sora-mage and subjectnamehere.

Let that be a lesson. Post a lot, stay active and great things will happen! Laughing

EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
oh god sphere 211 i hate you. Sad At least you're not going the way of that stupid dungeon in Lufia 2, where you have to go 100 levels down without going back to the surface lest you start over again at floor 1! and I swear if you make the bosses be stupid where you have to beat them in 3 turns or less I will personally fly out to Virgina and kick your ass.

but there were so many abusive ways to beat that big jelly thing. i never did it, but u could either kill urself (no joke) or heal it once and then one-hit the bastard.

and that aside, id like some lore to be in my book, ill write it out after ive finished this streak of exams (or better yet, all of them). so ill start either friday or 1st of july. if thats too late, the prologue of the fanfic will have to do
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet. IF it's long-ish, pm it to me so I can keep track. Good luck!

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot a name. thefencemaster is also playable in TE:B.

However instead of having multiple stories, you start with one main character (chosen from the above) and choose three others from your team. This choice is relevant to the story too.

thefencemaster
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Oh, I forgot a name. thefencemaster is also playable in TE:B.

However instead of having multiple stories, you start with one main character (chosen from the above) and choose three others from your team. This choice is relevant to the story too.

Is there anything that you need from those of us what were lucky enough to be added into the game? I seem to recall topics earlier (though I am admittedly to lazy to try and find them) where you asked for some things from other people.

-The Fence Master
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at the moment. I am working on the conceptual phase, but TE:B is still a LONG way away. For now let's focus on getting TE:A out. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: