TerraEarth Forums

Moogles Vs. Chocobos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is cooler, cuter, whatever?
Chocobos
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Moogles
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thefencemaster wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:
Mog is such a powerful and useful character though, if you take the time to use him. Granted, if I have Edgar, Sabin, Terra, and Gogo, I don't need anyone else, but I wouldn't compare Mog to Umaro and Gau.

After all, Gau was voted the most useless character in all of Final Fantasy.

Gau? Really? If I would have guessed, I would have thought Relm easily. Gau has the potential to be good, its just a waste of time to get him up to that level. Relm always just seemed like a character who was completely useless.

At least until you get her the relic that changes Paint to Control. Then, she can easily become the most badass... as long as her level is high enough. But again, by the time this has happened, you're already engrained with the universally useful characters. Frankly the most badass Character in the game is Cyan, because if you equip him with the Genji Glove and that other relic that lets you attack four times, you get an 8-attack with one of the physically strongest characters in the game, short of Sabin (but as a monk, he can't equip the stronger swords).

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found a use for all the "useless" characters. Umaro had very high attack power from the time you get him. Sure he can only attack, but he's very powerful. And one of Mog's abilities, even though it doesn't come all the time, keeps your party healed. I found one of Gau's rages a big help too. He throws rocks at all the enemies, which cause them to hit each other or themselves. Or another one which kills a monster instantly.

I could go on.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
I actually found a use for all the "useless" characters. Umaro had very high attack power from the time you get him. Sure he can only attack, but he's very powerful. And one of Mog's abilities, even though it doesn't come all the time, keeps your party healed. I found one of Gau's rages a big help too. He throws rocks at all the enemies, which cause them to hit each other or themselves. Or another one which kills a monster instantly.

I could go on.

Well they are not literally useless. In terms of combat applicability, they certainly have niche, but what I'm saying is that by the time you get them their particular niche seems to be already filled by your more veteran combatants. The exception is Gogo, because as a Mime, he is exactly as strong as your veterans and since he can be assigned three specialty skills, he can be basically three veterans in one.

Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gogo's only problem is lack of defense stats. Not exactly a tank, but very useful when used properly.

And I never had a use for Cyan either. His swordtechs take way too long to charge up to get to the 'useful' level.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

But Relm has the highest Magic stats in the game. If you set her up right, she puts Terra to shame.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
But Relm has the highest Magic stats in the game. If you set her up right, she puts Terra to shame.

but terra can transform.

plus i had terra equipped with the thing u get at the top of the mages tower, so i got quite happy casting 2 ultimas per turn.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get bogged down in the statistics of each character. I've never been a numbers fighter. I have one policy: How much damage can this person do to the enemy? Or for a defensive role: How much damage can I save by using this guy/gal?

Ratty Randnums
Level 7: Raiden

Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's any linger doubt that Moogles kick more ass - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc9Ny7_QzT8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: