TerraEarth Forums

Favorite Dungeon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your Favorite Dungeon?
Edwards Castle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Incan Ruins
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Diamond Mine
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sky Garden
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Seaside Palace/Mu
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Angel City
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
China's Great Wall
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mt. Temple
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ankor Wat
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Pyramid
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Tower of Babel
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jewler's Mansion [Secret Dungeon]
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

thefencemaster
Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

subjectnamehere wrote:
I haven't finished the game yet, but I liked the Sky Garden a lot.

The worst one is, without a doubt, Mu.

Couldn't possibly agree more with you about Mu, I absolutely hate that dungeon. It probably doesn't help that growing up I would always get stuck on the boss. Either way I didn't like it and I don't like it, even though the Vampires are easy for me to kill now.

-The Fence Master
PaGaN3l3m3nts
Level 7: Raiden

Level 7: Raiden

Gems 1,022

PostPaGaN3l3m3nts Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A agree that Mu is the most frustrating; but does anyone else here feel that the Great Wall is the most boring. It never made any kind of impression on me for some reason.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If not the most boring, then the least engaging.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
thefencemaster

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:
A agree that Mu is the most frustrating; but does anyone else here feel that the Great Wall is the most boring. It never made any kind of impression on me for some reason.

Though I agree with try that it wasn't very engaging, I do think that this dungeon was fun. I don't know what it is about this place but I always enjoyed playing through that place

-The Fence Master
Shoryuken
Level 1: Huball

Gems 29

PostShoryuken Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Larai Cliff is the best but i had chosen Sky garden if it were not so easy to defeat Viper (I really like Nazca)
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Some of them are well hidden. You'll need a FAQ or the instruction booklet.

The NTSC instruction booklet had all the locations, and according to YETI (yes, that's your name now, lol) the PAL version does as well.

Naming myself so that I had an easily recognised and pronounced acronym was actually intentional. Very Happy

Yep, the PAL booklet has all the locations of the Red Jewels, plus tips on how to go about completing some of the dungeon puzzles, not that they're really *that* difficult...

I could supply a zip of the PAL manual if anyone would like? I'd be interested to see how the manual differs in other regions.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, you know, you could just visit TerraEarth Proper (the main page) and see a comprehensive list of all 50 locations.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thefencemaster wrote:
PaGaN3l3m3nts wrote:

Though I agree with try that it wasn't very engaging, I do think that this dungeon was fun. I don't know what it is about this place but I always enjoyed playing through that place

Yeah, Mu drives me nuts, but I really like the Seaside Palace. I probably should have listed those two dungeons separately...

And Great Wall of China is the dungeon that I actually FORGOT about on my second playthrough. That should give you an idea (XD). Although it does have one of the largest drops in the game... and I like to jump! Laughing

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I played through Mu, I had no idea it was going to be so hard.

It was easier after like 10 tries, though. The vampires kept killing me.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:

i think i used freedan, and about 5 save states on them. zsnes ftw.

also, on-topic, i quite liked the atmosphere of angkor wat, and didnt mind sky garden or angel village. the rest were kinda meh.

Gems 29

PostShoryuken Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:

The first time I played through Mu, I used Will and I made it to the Vampires but I couldn't defeat them so I had to return for transform in Freedan. I think Mu is one of the hardest dungeon.
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The most engaging for me was Angkor Wat, it was fairly straightforward (follow the plotted line), but then again, so was the whole game, heh. Very Happy It did irk me somewhat when I was leaving the place, as it's time-consumingly tedious to exit the temple to return to the village.

The Great Wall I quite liked, although I wasn't too keen on it essentially reverting to the older platform-game style of play, you could only really move from one floor to another or left-right, which took something away from it.

By far the most tedious in my opinion was the damn Pyramid, constantly changing between placing the stone tablets and Shadow's orb, all that time wasted going through the through to the play areas and then backtracking to change forms when you realise that a couple of times you require Will to get Red Jewels or to complete the play area with all the slopes in it. Very time-consuming, kinda dull at the end of the day (sorry to anyone who liked that level).

The final boss fight - I spent all that time going through the game and thought "Wtf?! THIS is what I've been playing towards all this time?" it wasn't exactly difficult for a Final Boss-fight (the boss-rush in the tower of Babel was actually slightly harder, too), and it was also just to darned short imho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: