TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth Beyond World Design Competition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I hadn't considered it, but it wouldn't be that hard to implement. You may have something there, raini. Cool Guy

Yay! Since my laptop is on the fritz at the moment, I'll probably have a good way between homework and Mana Khemia 2 to design stuff. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I'm trying to avoid retconning. The whole point of the TE: Lexicon is to have a set structure to my canon which encourages others to either add to it, or create their own canon. In this case, since I'm borrowing your concept, I would like it to blend as seamlessly as possible with TCOITE, or simply acknowledge from the get-go that these two items are separate, but appear in both canon lines?

What I imagine I will do is use these alternate realities and keep them as real to TCOITE as I can, that way it is convenient for both of us in the event we do decide to link the canon's together.

What I DON'T want to do is monopolize the entirety of TerraEarth's lore and canon. My lexicon and story is just one. It could be called "TerraEarth according to Jason Tandro", but I don't want people to feel like they have to follow my canon. They are welcome too, of course. As a matter of fact everybody on the board has already contributed to my canon in varied amounts.

But I don't want to become one of those people who say "If your story isn't canon (as in a story that falls within my predetermined canonity subset) then it isn't a REAL story."

People with big heads like that aren't welcome on TerraEarth. Cool

I guess the best way to explain it would be, the two worlds I listed exist courrently in two seperate universes- which exist within the same Multi-verse, or Terra-Verse as I call it in the story. This Terra-Verse has 27 Universes that exist within it. However, that doesn't mean that only one Multi(Terra)-Verse exists, and thus, my idea was meant to include any one of an infinite amount of Multi-verses or singular universe. Didn't get that far into the story yet. :p

This idea also allowed for any number of cross-over ideas anyone had, in the event someone liked my story enough to want to use characters from i, or co-write a story with me, or somehow link the stories together.

Anywho, my story is primarilycentered around the concept of these universes being systematically destroyed, one by one. By the time my story begins, very few of the Universes still actually exist.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... then the obvious tie-in is people from TE: Prme and/or TE: Superior coming to our dimension to aid us in preventing the destruction of our multi-verse, by Ark4Elle. In this means, we preserve both our storylines and they flow seamlessly.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Hmm... then the obvious tie-in is people from TE: Prme and/or TE: Superior coming to our dimension to aid us in preventing the destruction of our multi-verse, by Ark4Elle. In this means, we preserve both our storylines and they flow seamlessly.

In My story, Ark Rizan is the villian from TE: Superior, who using the technology for inter-dimensional travel to destroy universes, by collapsing universes in on one another. And that's the funny thing about alternate realities- you can use the same evil person twice without it being weird. Very Happy
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps that answers the age old Zelda timeline question... multiple dimensions!

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Perhaps that answers the age old Zelda timeline question... multiple dimensions!

Dammit, Jason, you always know how to drag me out, don't you?

You will be pleased to know that YES. THERE ARE ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS/REALITIES IN ZELDA. To claim this to be the explanation for the unknown timeline, though plausible, is not widely accepted. However, it is one of two most likely scenarios should Miyamoto ever reveal the timeline he "supposedly" has.

In which case there would be either 3 or 4 (add one if you count the split ending of OoT as two).

Just in case you were wondering...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that encourages user discussion is a benefit. It's not my fault you come running at the word "Zelda" like a dog with a bone. Laughing Cool Guy

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said Zelda? Eek!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Down boy. Heel.

Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot about this.

So I suck at naming things, but I think it could be interesting to see if it works in a game.

-----------------------------------------

Name: Demooryn

Primary races: Merriens (Underwater race (MAIR-ee-ins)), Chiperans (Forest race (Kye-PEER-ins)), Sandruni (city dwellers (San-DROO-nee)), collectively known as Demooryns.

World type: Alternating between lush/grassy/industrial thriving period and barren/dying/dangerous period.

Number of moons: 2

Brief history: Demooryn was, for its entire recorded history, a lush planet hospitable to life. The Sandruni discovered this paradise first, and claimed the planet as their own. The inviting nature of the planet made developing small villages, larger towns, and finally small cities possible. Years later, the Chiperans, a tribe of woodland people, seeing the wide expanses of forest (and having lost their former home to wasteful practices), settled on the planet; the Sandruni, while initially opposed to others occupying their planet, eventually negotiated a bargain - the Chiperans could live in the forest in exchange for helping to collect resources such as wood and herbs, with the Sandruni promising not to collect in excess. Having found a new home, the Chiperans are determined to not repeat past mistakes, and enforce strict policies on what is and is not allowed to be disturbed in the forest. As of late, however, the Chiperans have tightened restrictions, leading to rising tensions between the city and forest folk. Outright conflict hasn't broken out (yet), though it is a growing concern with relations becoming more frosty.

The Merriens, having lost their watery home to an overactive sun, discovered the watery paradise a short time later. The Sandruni grew concerned about potential overpopulation, but realized that the Merriens would not be in the way living underwater. The Merriens were allowed to settle in their new home, provided they help protect Sandruni ships on perilous trade routes from dangerous ocean life.

Just over 200 years ago, disaster struck. A passing meteor carrying a toxic dust came within close proximity of one of Demooryn's moons. The dust settled on the moon, tainting it. The Demooryns refer to it as cursed, as the effects the tainted moon has on the planet resemble just that. It is unknown whether this was a natural phenomenon, or a man-made one.

Civilization level: Sandruni are on the verge of an industrial revolution, and the various cities are each ruled by a mayor. Progress is slowed by the tainted moon's effects. Merriens are in a Medieval age, living in underwater castles, with Lords ruling different areas, and a King and Queen ruling the Lords. Chiperans are far behind, living in wood huts in the forest. They are capable of more, but choose to live simply off the land, doing as little damage as possible. They have no organized government, though Chiperan settlements do tend to have a de facto leader.

Other details: Demooryn's two moons circle the planet, alternating between which one is closer. When Heven, the untainted moon, is closer, the planet remains as a lush, green paradise. When the tainted moon, Lumin, is closer, an eerie purple glow seems to radiate from everything under the moon, vegetation quickly rots and dies, the waters turn turbulent, winds become strong and unpredictable, storms rage (and stop as suddenly as they appear). Worst of all, however, are the large, insubstantial, spirit-like creatures (Sheivers) that appear, usually in areas of high traffic (such as town markets). Theories range from a mad necromancer to the spirits of the planet's previous inhabitants, to simply a creation of the toxic dust. Forests, oceans, and cities are all fair game for their appearance. For the most part, these creatures barely move, if at all, and keep to themselves. However, if someone approaches one too closely, they will be swiftly killed. They are generally easily avoided, so people keep their distance and don't provoke them.

The effects of the tainted moon occur every 2 weeks. Two weeks of light and peace, two weeks of darkness and danger.

There is no known way to remove the 'curse' from the tainted moon, as the effects of the dust are predicted to be much stronger there.

Demooryns strongly recommend against visiting their planet, but are generally welcoming if someone insists on visiting, and never turn away those who need help. The Chiperans, however, are less accommodating to outsiders than the other two, out of fear of outsiders damaging their home. This causes some to view them as xenophobic.

-----------------------------------

Looking back on it, that seems like it would be a nightmare to program. Meh/Worried

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since I won't be guaranteeing a release date on TE:B I'll have all the time I need to work on it.

It shall happen!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: