TerraEarth Forums

Album of the Week help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thefencemaster wrote:
Ok, new question for all of you. Is there any interest in following this AotW among this forum. If so, I can post my weekly review type of thing here. I put them up on facebook already, but It wouldn't be a hassle for me to post them here if there was any interest

i wouldnt mind reading a few, but it would probably be better to post those albums which TE members recommended you.
Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Album: April Rain
Artist: Delain
Genre: Symphonic Metal
Release: March 20th, 2009
Favorite Song: April Rain, something about the very beginning of the song was just really likeable to me.

What I have to say: I thought this album was amazing. Normally I'm a little nervous about listening to music that's been classified as metal. I tend to not enjoy music that screams at me. This album gave me no such issue (with the exception of Virtue and Vice, but that wasn't bad at all). Delain plays very well. every single song on this album was good. Again, metal music is not normally my favorite genre, but this album was amazing despite my biases. Listen to it, it is worth your time to do so. Since it is a symphonic metal band, you don't hear the same boring guitar, drums, and bass from a lot of bands today, which is a definite plus. Can't really think of anything to say at this point so I'm just going to drag this last sentence on for as long as I possibly can until I decide that I'm bored, at which time this week's review will be over.

Rating: 9/10

Next Week: Next week I will be reviewing Green Day's Dookie album. Listen to it and I'll see you back here in a week

I'm going to just start posting these in here for those of you who want to see them, and that I don't tag on Facebook. Thanks again to Everphoenix for the recommendation

-The Fence Master
thefencemaster

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Album: Dookie
Artist: Green Day
Release: February 1, 1994
Favorite Song: Longview. This song was the one that stuck out the most to me. Don't really know why.

What I thought: This is the first album that I really just did not like. Almost every single track was pretty much the same to me. As much fun as it was listening to the same punk rocdk song 14 times in a row... Needless to say, I got a little bored of it. Some of the songs were actually decent though. Welcome to Paradise was the most peachy (blame Q). I honestly cannot think of anything else to say. all the songs were samey, but not necessarily bad.

Overall Rating: 4.5/10

Again, thanks to all who give me recommendations

Next Week: The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists. Blame Kashev. But really it should be good.

That was last weeks, but I've been challenged to find time lately, for which I apologize. I miss being able to come to these forums as frequntly as I used to.

onto this weeks, which i Could not possibly recommend more for listening to.

Album: The Hazards of Love
Artist: The Deceberists
Release: March 24, 2009
Favorite Song: This album was a concept album, so the only real answer that I can give is Yes

What I thought: I thought that this album was a masterpiece. All of the songs flow well together. The album is really meant to be listened to in one sitting. The album tells a love story that I wont go into detail on. Feel free to do your own research to try and get a feel for it. Just to make one thing clear right now however, I liked the fact that all of the songs on this album were similar because it was written to be that way. I didn't like Dookie because the songs just wounded the same but were written as individual songs with nothing to do with the others. Anyways, this album had many various styles of music spun into it. Traces of what to me seemed to be almost folk, hard rock, and metal all blended to make this album. I loved this album, it is one of the best albums that I have ever heard in my life. Of course this album has the fun of you trying to figure out the story for yourself. The biggest issue with this is that despite there being two major male roles, there is only one male singer. That is really the only issue that I had with this album, and that doesn't make the music bad, just understanding the deeper side of whats going on more difficult.

Rating: 10/10, no reason that it wouldn't be

Next Week: Finally getting to one that I've been meaning to do as a suggestion. Smash by The Offspring.

Thanks again to tay120n64 and SoulBlazerFan for the recommendations. I've been trying to get to at least one suggestion that has been made to me by different people. So if I haven't done anything you have recommended, please don't take it as an insult but I do intend to get to it eventually

-The Fence Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: