TerraEarth Forums

The purpose of this board:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm   Post subject: The purpose of this board: Reply with quote

Hello. Very Happy So, as the storyline of our little forums and the world we've created from it is steadily growing by the character sheets that were filled out, and anything set in stone by comics, stories, games, and other mediums, I figured it would break out of the fanworks section eventually. Yes, stories/comics/pictures/poetry/games/whatever will still be posted there, since that's what that board is for, and still is for.

This board, however, is for the creation of the storyline's 'canon'. I figure all of us is familiar with that term, but in simplified terms: a 'canon' is what is thought of as an official storyline by its creators. (Here, have a wiki link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)) Jason has given us a pretty good timeline of what happened in the world of TerraEarth since its creation by boxxleman, and what is pretty set in stone with TerraEarth: Absolute (since it seems that the original TerraEarth Adventures is no longer canon, but perhaps an alternate universe canon Very Happy). But there is those pesky in betweens!

And that is what this forum is for: those pesky in betweens. We all have our fortes in what we can do: music, pictures, writing, coding games, such like that. But that doesn't mean that we can't come up with our own ideas to add to our vast world. Ancient languages spoken by ancient races? That goes here for reference. Ancient races and clans in general? That goes here too. Do you come from the land down under that isn't seen on the map proper? Add the land down under here too!

As a really horrible tl;dr, this board serves as a resource point for anything that we come up with that has to do with the world of TerraEarth (not the forums but the fictional world Razz), and serves as our official canon. Fanworks still go in those boards, but anything you think of, be it languages, the look of the races, the music of the races, even new parts of the world via continents or islands, post it here!

Also, happy 9th birthday, TerraEarth! How's this for a birthday present? As you can see from the post date of this post, this has been a long work in the making. Smile I hope it's utilized to its fullest!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I'm pretty honored that what began as a silly little story to see if I could reach the maximum amount of characters in a post almost five years ago has blossomed into this.

Of course, it's not just my silly array of fanfictions.

SoulBlazerFan has the Crisis of Infinite TerraEarths, a fanfiction project which well exceeds my own in epic nature and writing capability (the man can write circles around me, let's face it).

Raini and Valerie have actually made attempts at sequels to my original TerraEarth Adventures.

Raini is working on her own TE story, which shall no doubt be very very epic.

Valerie Valens has been not only a tremendous help in TE:A, but she has also created the Fonym system which is the official "magic" of TerraEarth.

And most important is the fact that everybody on the forums has made this canon. Everybody has added something. Backstory, history, elements, ideas. This is just awesome.

Happy Birthday TerraEarth!

PS: Having read TerraEarth Adventures again, I can safely say with a minimum of retconning that the story told in it does fit into the canon. It will, in fact, become the story of TerraEarth: Catastrophe. There will be a bit of alteration, mainly to fix plot holes and make it a little more serious, but the storyline does fit. The original TerraEarth Adventures fanfiction as it is, however, no longer enjoys canonity.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: