TerraEarth Forums

Fascinating Crime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:22 pm   Post subject: Fascinating Crime Reply with quote

I was just watching an episode of the new Unsolved Mysteries (Thank God for DVR).

This guy worked at a federal reserve. His security guy was watching over him, and noticed nothing wrong.

At the time, he was actually stealing money- over a million dollars. He placed that into the company car. He then placed 117,000 dollars into a bag and into his personal car. He had a friend drive to his house while he drove his personal car- and dropped it off. He told his wife he'd be home in a half an hour, and left with his friend.

He returned to his office, took the company car, and was gone. He went to the airport, took out two briefcases, and has since disappeared.

Interesting facts to this case;

He left the money to his wife, in a letter he apologized to her. She turned the money into the cops.

-He had been investigated before for theft- at a bank, he was accused of stealing 70,000 dollars. He took a polygraph, but the results were inconclusive.

-It was said he had a mistress, but that wasn't proven.

-He was going to be sued by the IRS for a substainal amound of money. He faced fines and/or prison time.

-The bills were, rather brilliantly on his part, untraceable. He walked out on what was probably the perfect crime. The footage they showed was old- 80's or so. To this day, he has yet to be found.

Tell me your thoughts. Very Happy
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

117.000 $?! that's not worth the effort...
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No. 117,000.00 USD for his wife. Over one million for himself. Surprised
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
No. 117,000.00 USD for his wife. Over one million for himself. Surprised

ah, misread that^^ I wouldn't commit a crime for 1 million, but at least you can live a good life from the interest Very Happy

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

and now he gets to retire on some island somewhere. i guess if he did manage to think of the 'perfect crime', he almost deserves it?
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

New Unsolved Mysteries? Where I can find that show on television? Which channel? I remembered old episode called "Magic Bullet". It is about a bullet that killed a boy in shooting gallery from shooter from other gallery in outside by accident.
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathpit wrote:
New Unsolved Mysteries? Where I can find that show on television? Which channel? I remembered old episode called "Magic Bullet". It is about a bullet that killed a boy in shooting gallery from shooter from other gallery in outside by accident.

Yeah, I remember that episode. Something about a custom pistol which fired two shots back to back.

The "New" Unsolved Mysteries is actually the same old stories from the original show. It's been repackaged, and now hosted by Dennis Farina. It's on Spike TV here in the states. They air it sporadically but I think at 9:00AM and 10:00AM on Sundays they air it. EST of course.
This User Has Completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: