TerraEarth Forums

A salute to everything
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:07 pm   Post subject: A salute to everything Reply with quote

It seems that every other day, something crappy appears in the news. So why not take a minute to appreciate the things we tend to take for granted every day?

Anything is fair game (within reason, of course.... let's have no "let's hear it for Hitler! Cool Guy", please Very Happy ).

Only one rule: no criticizing someone's thing if it's controversial (again, controversial 'within reason'). There's a reason this isn't in the debate forum, and that's because... it's not up for debate. Just an appreciation for things that we don't always think about.

So, to begin:

Dogs are awesome. It doesn't matter how shitty a day you've had, when you get home, the dog is always glad to see you. They're happy just to be around you, and whether you're walking them, playing with them, or just sitting around with them in front of the TV, you can see the loyalty in their eyes.

My dog is glad to live with me, and I'm glad to have him. Cool Guy

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pez candy is awesome.

Rarely do I ever get any, and I almost never buy any for myself. Usually a friend of relative will get one for me at random. Incidentally, Pez is delicious, so any time I get to eat some, it is, by default, a good day.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe, this is exactly what Stephen Fry put up on Room 101. Room 101 is a "let's talk about what you hate"-TV show on BBC. Stephen featured on there quite a while ago and said (paraphrasing): "You know what I hate: Room 101. We need to talk about the things we like. You should have a show called Room Lovely and talk about all the things we love and appreciate." He then continued to take over the show and only talked about things he liked instead of things he hated.

Which is why I want to give a hand up for Sir Stephen Fry. Brilliant, brilliant man. Not just because of this tiny incident but, because Stephen is a constant source of inspiration and innovation around him. His never ending quest for knowledge and understanding, and the wonderful things he uses them for is absolutely awe inspiring.
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose Tracks ice cream is awesome.

If I didn't care about my figure (or health, dental or gastrointestinal pain), i'd eat 4x my own weight in it.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

fruit. always flavourful and ready to please when youve had a really bland day

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add one that not many people seem to do these days.

Hats off to America. They have their follies, like any other country, and I don't always like some of the stuff they do, but the country is mostly filled with decent people. They just don't get the same recognition as the much louder minority.

And, they have soldiers who are willing to risk their lives for the knowledge that freedom is something worth fighting for, and worth bringing to those who don't have it. Anyone who's willing to pick up a gun and fight those who would do me or my country harm has my respect. Cool Guy

Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@everphoenix - nothin beats a cold manga on a boiling hot day. been havin heaps this summer, best treat nature has to offer. maybe
@Miss Prime Blue - Icecream is my fav food! i eat 2l tubs of it at a time. dunno how im not a fatty but its all good. what is moose tracks icecream?! sounds original lol
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Gaia wrote:
@everphoenix - nothin beats a cold manga on a boiling hot day. been havin heaps this summer, best treat nature has to offer. maybe
@Miss Prime Blue - Icecream is my fav food! i eat 2l tubs of it at a time. dunno how im not a fatty but its all good. what is moose tracks icecream?! sounds original lol

Chocolate (or vanilla) ice cream with peanut butter cups and famous Moose Tracks fudge.

Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well i like the first bit but in australia we dont have peanut butter cups.. wateva they may be. n we dont have moose fudge either. unless thats like chocolate moose? mmmm chocolate moose
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Gaia wrote:
well i like the first bit but in australia we dont have peanut butter cups.. wateva they may be. n we dont have moose fudge either. unless thats like chocolate moose? mmmm chocolate moose

Actually yes. I found a real chocolate moose while I was eating mine.

He was delicious!

Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha ok. im confused lol =S heh anyways my fav icecream is rum and raisin. i go to cold rock and get it every now and then. happy days
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Gaia wrote:
hahahaha ok. im confused lol =S heh anyways my fav icecream is rum and raisin. i go to cold rock and get it every now and then. happy days

Now that's an ice cream i've never heard of. I've never had ice cream with raisins in it. I should probably try some to see how it is.

^_^

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hear it for Hit-- oh wait. Very Happy (kidding, kidding, Hitler was a coward.)

Things that make me happy... real friends! As in, the people that would take a bullet for you if you were in danger, and who do stupid stuff with you to make fantastic memories... those are the people who make me happiest (just so you know, I would take a bullet for anyone in my TE family.) I have a huge love for my friends, and would do anything I could for them.

Also video games. I wouldn't be here if I didn't love them. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hear it for all the standard computer programs that super computer nerds say are total crap. Verbatum: Let's hear it for Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Notepad, MS Paint, Audacity, Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Windows Media Player and iTunes.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Let's hear it for all the standard computer programs that super computer nerds say are total crap. Verbatum: Let's hear it for Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Notepad, MS Paint, Audacity, Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Windows Media Player and iTunes.

No thx. IE is slow as balls.

Notepad, MS paint, and WMP aren't bad, though. *Uses*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: