TerraEarth Forums

Final Fantasy XII
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rainichan"]
Jason Tandro wrote:

...and how did a thread on FFXII go from FFXII to booze?

the magic of terraearth.

on the new topic of this thread, theres this drink called Sour Monkey. its basically one of several sour flavours, with the added bonus of alcohol. granted, its only 7%, but makes for an awesome drink. beats cruisers anyday Cool Guy
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care much for alcohol. Even less so for beer (though I've never had a dark beer. maybe one day I'll try one)

The downside of this is that it's hard to meet people if you don't drink. Especially in central Arkansas.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Raini: Well it's in the American Continent at least. I mean stuff like Guiness which is Scottish. That is WAAAY too dark.

@Blade: If I ever get rich, you and I shall indeed go get smashed on my dollar!

And if you want a fun drink to give to somebody you hate: Mix vodka, cherry aftershock and a single drop of hot sauce. I call that the "Friendship Over" drink. Evil or Very Mad

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
@Raini: Well it's in the American Continent at least. I mean stuff like Guiness which is Scottish. That is WAAAY too dark.

*BEATS LIKE A RED-HEADED STEP-CHILD* Guiness is Irish. Mad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

And if you want a fun drink to give to somebody you hate: Mix vodka, cherry aftershock and a single drop of hot sauce. I call that the "Friendship Over" drink. Evil or Very Mad

one of my friends told me to get this drink called a Black Z:

if i recall, correctly, it was black sambuca, scotch (or another brown spirit), and topped with tabasco sauce. now THAT one was nasty. thank god its served as a shot
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

*BEATS LIKE A RED-HEADED STEP-CHILD* Guiness is Irish. Mad

I knew that, I just mistyped. Confused I'd just been talking to a friend about this very discussion and he said that since I'm Scottish I should be able to take more alcohol than I can.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...well fine. I'll let you off this time. Mad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP!

i started playing this game a few days ago. im a reasonable way into it (15 hours odd), and the plot seems all over the place. please try not to spoil much for me. i just remembered this topic existed and decided to see what was in it. so far, it has been reasonably amusing, and i know all the characters mentioned. yay!

so far, the only thing massively epic is the graphics. that and perhaps the combat system, it's a lot more creative than most others. license board is quite a good idea, but as a result of poor management, most of my characters (minus vaan) suck.

most bosses so far have been HARD AS TITS. at least until i managed to pull off a decent quickening combo.

Jason Tandro wrote:
EMPIRE BAD. RESISTANCE GOOD. SOME MAGIC JEWEL IS THE KEY TO SAVING THE WORLD. THE JEWEL WILL BE STOLEN AND YOU'LL SPEND HALF THE GAME TRYING TO GET IT BACK.

this does seem the case. its actually one of the grand rpg cliches you actually covered 3 of them there, if you add a girl who originally owned said magic jewel.i swear, so many games revolve around some crystal thing. oh and theres almost always a princess of some sort involved.

Jason Tandro wrote:
An unnerving attraction to a jailbait character is optional, but as the hottest character was obviously Fran... ( yeah, I'm not normally a furry chaser, but let's face it, she's aersome and Ashe is kind of a bitch. And Penelo is way too young. At least Rikku and Yuffie were in the neighborhood of adulthood.)

umm... penelo is older than rikku. same age if you take FFX-2. and i dont even know how old yuffie is, but id guess penelo is older than her too.

ADD: penelo is older than yuffie during the events of the primary game.

fran annoys me. her voice is just ARGH. ashe did seem somewhat of a bitch, but she's calmed down a bit now. cant say which of the girls i like best, penelo has the whole cute childhood friend thing going, but i dunno. ashe isnt that bad either. initially i disliked her, but now she seems to be growing on me.

raini mentioned something about balthier... id quote it but the history doesnt go back that far. i quite like balthier, especially the way he talks.

vaan doesnt annoy me as much as everyone else here, by the looks of it. maybe because he's the main character, and i always seem to relate myself to main characters. oh well.

anyway... something to provoke conversation... umm... just say something? and try not to talk about beer, at least for a little bit Razz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

almost the best ff game ive played so far. i actually really like the story and characters. and i really like the towns and cities. not to mention the hunts are brilliant.
beer sucks compared to good scotch.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

its looking to be my least favourite of the 'new' final fantasy games ive played so far. then again, ff9 did take a long time to get into the awesome stuff, so this one might as well.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Balthier never leaves my party. But I will agree, those bosses are bullshit. I hate them so much. Sad I'm trying to level my way through places so I won't die (I spent some... 2 hours? I think? In one of the caves fighting skeletons and getting crazy chains to get good exp, but god I hate grinding in games) but ahahahah that game is evil for leveling.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: