TerraEarth Forums

Once Seen, Somethings Cannot Be Forgotten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:55 am   Post subject: Once Seen, Somethings Cannot Be Forgotten Reply with quote

Some time ago, I was searching the bowels (And I mean this literally) for information about the unreleased in America Gundam series, which include ZZ Gundam, Turn A, After War Gundam X, V Gundam, amongst a few others.

I discovered something so horrific, so horrible- I had to share it. Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8um1N78AhY

(I ask that you do not continue without watching this video. The mere horror is too much to be missed)

This was someone's ill-advised way of bringing the hugely successful and popular Gundam franchise to America, as was stated in the video, in 1991. Could you imagine if Gundam had come to American a full ten years before Gundam Wing aired in 2000?

Gundam would've become Doozy Bots, much like Pocket Monsters remains Pokemon to this day. Doozy Bots Wing? Dynasty Warriors: Doozy Bots? I can't even try to imagine the name change to G Gundam.

I could only imagine the horror of the voice acting. I fondly remember the shows from the 90's, and don't wish to have the memories tarnished. I have watched the Real Ghostbusters in the intervening years, and the show hasn't held up well at all. I could only imagine if this actually made it to series- would it have been popular? Would this have brought Gundam to even greater popularity than it has seen in America? Discuss.

I guess better judgment had been made. here, though. This show would've been horrible, IMO.

One final point before I leave you- anyone find it extremely offensive the black kid is not only in a wheelchair, but also turns into the Guntank?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, the moniker of Pokemon is a shortened version of Pocket Monsters, and is also used in Japan (they do that with a LOT of stuff) as the Japanese name for Pocket Monsters is spelled out as Poketto Monsutaa in Romaji. Smile

...but is it just me, or do a few of those designs look like the SD Gundam designs from a lot later? o.O This is on par with the American Live Action Sailor Moon that was proposed but never gone through with.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

live-action sailor moon scared the shit out of me Eek!

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

These were probably taken from the "kid friendly" SD Gundam franchise. Although I've never seen any of it, save for one video where all the females in the series are ghosts, are dancing, and one is nude (Don't ask), I haven't watched any SD Gundam. However, there have been multiple SD Gundam shows (Pretty much one for every Gundam series released- MSG, the original show, had one based on it, as well as Zeta- and many others). These designs are similiar to those, but now that you mention it, there are some serious similiarities between these designs and the SD Gundam Force series.

I still can't get over how offensive this would've been. Generic fat kid failure? Wheelchair bound black kid being turned into the Guntank? Mad scientist that looks like a cross between MegaMan villain Dr. Wily and Emmett Brown from Back To the Future.

...And now that I have your attention, I wish to introduce you to another potential series, so horrible, so bad, even Youtube doesn't have it.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/entertainment/watch/v332217tCth2FrY#

(Once more, view at least the first part before continuing.)

The series would've been called Heat Vision and Jack. As seen in the video, it's the brain child of Ben Stiller, starring a then barely known Jack Black and Owen Wilson. Owen Wilson, of course, playing a talking Motorcycle.

This one got as far as the pilot stage, but honestly, I would've preferred Doozy Bots over this crap. Scared
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the retarded nig... I mean: the disabled negroe Laughing super racist stereotype!
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god the american sailor moon (a complete western re-do) never aired. but it would have been fun to laugh at Laughing

SD doozy bots... how times have changed.

Last edited by Mantaray on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff you don't want to see...has been seen...another sad day for me <.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: