TerraEarth Forums

HELP! Trying to get Phoenix,but King says he needs magicians
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
I never had much trouble with the sliding. It isn't too difficult to avoid damage, it's just tough to actually hit him.

It's much more likely that you'll just pass through him, both of you unharmed. Tedium sets in before either of you is in danger of dying.

I would keep attempting to do a Psycho slide, and a large proportion of the time would simply run up to him and uselessly strike his arm with my flute; the controller couldn't keep up with the continual back-and-forth slides (and then I would get smacked upside the head for my troubles). *Le shrug*
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! Misinterpreted!

I meant Psycho Slider in the dungeon, not against Solid Arm. It's a good way to make it to Solid Arm taking little to no damage.

The best way to take out Solid Arm is just with normal attacks. It's fairly easy.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
NO! Misinterpreted!

I meant Psycho Slider in the dungeon, not against Solid Arm. It's a good way to make it to Solid Arm taking little to no damage.

The best way to take out Solid Arm is just with normal attacks. It's fairly easy.

Oh. Well yeah, for getting through the bonus dungeon TO Solid Arm, Slider can't be beat, you're for all intents invincible while you slide. But I could never hit Solid Arm unless I used the Slider attack on him repeatedly. (Maybe I'm just doing it wrong? Smile)
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:
NO! Misinterpreted!

Oh. Well yeah, for getting through the bonus dungeon TO Solid Arm, Slider can't be beat, you're for all intents invincible while you slide. But I could never hit Solid Arm unless I used the Slider attack on him repeatedly. (Maybe I'm just doing it wrong? Smile)

Coax him to the left, then run to the far right ramp. Coax him over whilst using L/R to block Fireballs. Hit him twice, then run to the other side. Rinse and Repeat.

If you time it right, you should be able to avoid his Fireballs, and if you hit him as soon as he's in range, you won't get swiped by his arm as long as you move away after your second attack.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.....after reading that - and I believe I have tried that method on him in IoG before - repeatedly Psycho Sliding for all I'm worth is much easier, if rather more tedious. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Soul Blazer All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: