TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth: Genesis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:40 am   Post subject: TerraEarth: Genesis Reply with quote

TerraEarth: Genesis
by: Jason Tandro
---
Author’s Note: This is a brief fanfiction which I wanted to write in a manner of “The Silmarillion”. It is not so much a story, as it is a historical account from a variety of perspectives. This will explain up to and including the beginning of the Moon Tribe. (Raini and I are the two Moon Tribe peeps, so I wanna confirm with her before I go any further).

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

Rest in peace, old avatar.

Last edited by Jason Tandro on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter One: From Sky to Ground
The following account of creation is taken from the religious text of the Angel Village, simply known as the Creation Atlas.
“Glory to the almighty Fathers who created a place for our existence.
And the Fathers were named the Hammer and Fire.
The Hammer gave form and shape to the planet. He made the rivers, and oceans, the mountains and forest. He made all that was or should ever be.
The Fire cleansed and purified, making all the races that inhabit the planet. The Dwarves first, then in their time, the Elves, Angels, Humans, and those of the Moon.
But there was another who sought to declare strife.
A celestial body saw the work of the Hammer and Fire, and desired it greatly.
But it knew it could not possess it, and that which [the comet] cannot possess, it perverts and destroys.”
(Creation Tome, 1:1-7)

In this account of the Angel Village, we learn that they called the two Gods of TerraEarth, boxxleman and Lunatic the Fire and Hammer respectively. While each religion has their own account of how exactly this took place, the most commonly accepted aspects of the creation are the following.

1. The planet was created by Lunatic, and populated by boxxleman.
2. The Dwarves were the first race, then the Elves, Moon Tribe, Humans and Outsiders.
3. The “Angels” (or Anthropomorphics) origin is not clearly stated.
4. All accounts of the Creation mention the comet.
While some scholars have argued that perhaps the comet is also a creation of the Gods, eFlare himself has said:
“The Comet is a being of pure darkness. No darkness can be spawned from light.”
Who then created the Comet? None yet know.

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter Two: The Dominion of Dwarves.
The first king of the dwarves was Grundof. He ruled from the mountain halls of Grecliff with an iron fist. His policy was one that was mirrored for many years thereafter, and became the dwarven credo: “We are our land.”
The simple, but effective, statement developed a sense of Dwarven nationalism. The people would rather die than be driven from their lands, and in a history of bloody wars between the Elves and Dwarves that would follow, it was proven to be an effective mindset.
However Grundof soon died in the manner of all truly great Dwarves of the era; he was killed in a battle protecting his cavern realm. However Grecliff was soon overrun and the then migratory dwarves relocated to a safer home, Diamond Mine, where they have remained ever since.
Grundof was succeeded by his son Nurdof. He was such an exemplary king that many dwarven children have been named after him. According to legend, Nurdof slew more than 200 Harpies singlehandedly while drunk. Strength was all that truly mattered to dwarves at this time.
It was Nurdof who first started the Drunken Warlord fighting style and the Brewmasters Guild, although it consisted merely of him and his advisors playing poker and drinking for many aeons, until other races took it in a more civilized direction.
But for all this, Nurdof was remember mainly for being a fair-minded king, which considering the hot-temper of most dwarves, is something remarkable.
Nurdof fell in a civil war that took place from 21 T.D. to 23 T.D. A small faction of Dwarves who were forced to live in the plains outside the Diamond Mine felt like they were being treated as second class citizens, and rose up against their “oppressors”. Nurdof fell defending his cavern, and once the war was over, his brother Amof took up the mantle of king.
Amof was the extreme end of Nurdof’s kindness. He was far too lackadaisical to get anything accomplished. While some attribute this to an excess of beer and Aeris Root, most simply believe that he was an awful king. Lazy, spoiled, and unfit to lead, he was soon ousted by his own people.
It was in 27 T.D. that Belmy the Belligerent was made king. He was appointed at first because he seemed like the perfect alternative to the slow-witted Amof, but the people soon found that he was, in fact, simply brutal.
It was an effective leadership, however, as none dared challenge Belmy’s authority as he had an unfortunate “open guillotine” policy; any who questioned his rule were free to be beheaded.
Belmy died after a rather long rule in 56 T.D. He was succeeded by his son Bory, who was, mercifully, a much more fair-minded dwarf. However his rule would soon be tested by the fires of the first great war.

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter Three: The Rise of Elves
Elves first appeared on the planet in 25 T.D. It was rather sudden, and several scholars have debated exactly why they came to be. There are three schools of thought.
Creationists: believe that the Elves were created by the divine ones, as they did with all species and races.
Sovereignists: believe that the Elves always were on the planet, but they only began to group together and record history in 25 T.D. This theory is the least credible as not a single elf believes this.
Extraterrestrialists: believe that the Elves came from another planet. This theory is believed by the Elves as a majority themselves, but it is widely contested for a few reasons, the most prevalent being that it was thought that the Moon Tribe, who came much later, were the first to master interstellar travel by the use of Viewing Tables. If the Elves did come from another planet, where was it and how did they get here?
The Elves were governed by a group of learned citizens and did not develop nor see the need for a central figure of authority until the Elven Wars (see the following chapter).
The wars would begin mainly due to the key differences to the two races.
While the Dwarves were a Mountain and Valley folk, Elves found their homes best in forests, particularly near rivers. The village of Evegrow is, and always has been, the chief Elven community center.
While Dwarves were industrious miners, Elves were farmers, hunters and scholars. The Elves were the first to breed great philosophers, and arguably the first civilization to have a religion.
And finally, a key difference between the two races was that Dwarves believed that they had Dominion over the entire planet whereas the Elves considered themselves just one part of nature.
When a small detachment of hunters went searching around the plains near the Diamond Mines for game, they would make their first contact with the Dwarves.
It would, alas, be a bloody encounter.

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter Four: The Elven Wars
“The Elven hunting party saw the borders of the dwarven land, and in their measure of nature, sought to bid welcome and tidings to the new species.
The dwarves saw only the bows and daggers which they had slung. What the dwarves saw was an enemy.
And unfortunate mistake which would cost many lives.”
(Creation Tome 5:4-6)

When the party, which consisted of about twenty armed elves arrived at the borders of the Diamond Mine, they were met first with words of hostility. When the elves tried to explain themselves, the Dwarven guard raised their axes and hammers in defense. It would have been a slaughter if the elves had not been much faster sprinters than the dwarves. Nonetheless, only twelve of the twenty survived the encounter.
When news reached Evegrow of this violent new species, Faenlin was appointed the leader of the Elves. He turned his hunters into soldiers. The first contact occurred in 60 T.D. The Elven Wars began exactly one year later, when a regiment of 400 Elves marched on the Diamond Mine.
The Dwarves had not been preparing for battle. In fact, in the year that had lapsed, Bory had laughed off the incident as an “amusing new variety of fiend, one that can craft tools and clothes”.
Upon seeing an army of these new fiends outside his gates, he ordered all his citizens within the mountain halls.
The true tragedy is that it could have ended here. Faenlin rode up with two bodyguards and laid his sword at the feet of Bory, who agreed to meet in the neutral land between the two mustering armies.
“I wish your people no harm. Six of my friends were killed by yours, but this is nothing more than an unfortunate error. If you would apologize for this, there is no reason for us to be enemies,” Faenlin said.
But, sadly, Bory saw primarily the protection of his people. He did not trust the elves to keep their word, and believed that they merely sought easy access to his treasure horde. He refused the offer, but kept a modicum of respect:
“I cannot surrender so blindly to a force that marches upon my city walls armed. I will allow us to settle this on the field of battle,” and then handing back his sword to him. “You shall need this.”
The Dwarves were less in numbers, but being on the defensive they had a clear advantage. The attempted siege of the Diamond Mine went on for five years, until finally both Bory and Faenlin grew weary of the fight. The casualties were immense. 322 Elves had perished and 196 Dwarves; large numbers at this time.
Bory met Faenlin once more and the hashed out a peace agreement. The two races have remained terse allies ever since.
---
Author’s Note: More to come…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: