TerraEarth Forums

"Barbaric" Punishments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:37 pm   Post subject: Re: "Barbaric" Punishments Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

By the way, to deflect the upcoming counter-argument from psychokind that I see, by "innocent" I mean people who have no direct conflict with the terrorist, such as civilians. I know we're all guilty of something.
(+1 for knowing this guy. I think our friendship has reached a new level. We finish each others insults. Laughing You know I'm joking, pyscho!)

haha, I assume this is something good? Very Happy
you're right, I would have said that in the eyes of the terrorists, they are killing guilty people, and since terrorism can be a legit way of fighting unjustice. it varies from case to case.

I think of torturing information out of sb the same as freedan. it's no use. but I'd say at least verbal torture should be legit in ANY way, even if it means threatening somebody.

death penalty sucks ass, you americans never seem to learn that. "I killed 1 guy, hmm, that's death penalty, so why not kill another 20?"
and you all folks saying we need harsher penalties, who will pay the prisons for all that? do you know how expensive this is?

but it wouldn't be me, if I didn't come up with a solution more brutal than anyone else here Very Happy unlimited torture for capital crimes. the bereaved of a raped and killed 5 year old girl should be allowed to torture the culprit as long and as evil as they like to. if they can't do it themselves, somebody employed by the state can do it. medical treatment and adrenaline by fee.

on the other hand I'd be less prison and more hard work for criminals. quarries, mines and stuff. less machines, more prison-slaves. both sides would make a profit, since being in hardcore-prisons like they have in the US heighten the likelihood of relapses by 1,000,000 % Wink
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
chicken wrote:
but torturing or even DEATH? nah, no way. think about your karma, guys Razz

If they've killed or tortured people, be it men, women, or children, that IS their karma. If someone came in and killed my parents and my dog right now for fun and pleasure and for whatever reason spared me? I'd want to see him put to death after he was caught, either by my own hands or watching it happen. That's their own karma for doing that.

you got it right but at the same time, you got it all wrong.

true, it is THEIR karma. but we (you, me, whoever) has not the "right" to punish anybody for it, karma will do it. maybe not in this life but certainly when you wont see it coming Very Happy karma's a bitch but it's always fair.

if you butcher children in this life, your kids are very likely to get butchered too... maybe in your next life... or maybe something similar happens to them, but you WILL come to the experience of how it feels.

i hope my point is clearer now Smile

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
rainichan wrote:
chicken wrote:

If they've killed or tortured people, be it men, women, or children, that IS their karma. If someone came in and killed my parents and my dog right now for fun and pleasure and for whatever reason spared me? I'd want to see him put to death after he was caught, either by my own hands or watching it happen. That's their own karma for doing that.

true, it is THEIR karma. but we (you, me, whoever) has not the "right" to punish anybody for it, karma will do it. maybe not in this life but certainly when you wont see it coming Very Happy karma's a bitch but it's always fair.

if you butcher children in this life, your kids are very likely to get butchered too... maybe in your next life... or maybe something similar happens to them, but you WILL come to the experience of how it feels.

tell this the old super-nazis who died in peace, great houses and lots of servants in chile, and they laugh out of their graves Very Happy

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:02 pm   Post subject: Re: "Barbaric" Punishments Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

death penalty sucks ass, you americans never seem to learn that. "I killed 1 guy, hmm, that's death penalty, so why not kill another 20?"
and you all folks saying we need harsher penalties, who will pay the prisons for all that? do you know how expensive this is?

If someone was going to kill 20 people, they would do it anyway, whether the death penalty was used or not. The death penalty would keep them from being released to kill another 20.

And keeping people in prison wouldn't cost so much if they weren't provided luxuries they don't deserve. Provide basic necessities instead of frivolous extras.

chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
chicken wrote:
rainichan wrote:
chicken wrote:

tell this the old super-nazis who died in peace, great houses and lots of servants in chile, and they laugh out of their graves Very Happy

pft. whatever. im not a missionary who tells the ultimate truth. its just my point of view. if somebody does not think the same, i dont give a shit.

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:04 pm   Post subject: Re: "Barbaric" Punishments Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
psychokind wrote:

If someone was going to kill 20 people, they would do it anyway, whether the death penalty was used or not. The death penalty would keep them from being released to kill another 20.

And keeping people in prison wouldn't cost so much if they weren't provided luxuries they don't deserve. Provide basic necessities instead of frivolous extras.

basic necessities is what corrupts the human mind! if there's a meaning in prisons, then it's that they showed this to us.

@chicken: your point of view is ok, but "relying" on karma isn't that good^^
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Chicken and Raini

Okay to be honest I see both sides as being true here.

On the one hand, the deviant side of me tends to agree with raini, where us victims of terrorism can "do karma's dirty work."

On the other hand, I also agree with chicken's belief that by sinking down to their level we make ourselves just as guilty.

My religious belief of turning the other cheek and my secular "let's kill the bastards" are in an eternal struggle here... Biting

[edit: @psychokind: Of course it's good. We may not see eye-to-eye on the issues, but we know each other rather well. That's a sign of a good friendship, lol!]

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: