TerraEarth Forums

The Marvelous Text Adventure: 1st Arc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I base my guess off of Zelda. In Zelda games, the best stuff can come from your own house, like free hearts. And tay is huge into Zelda games. Know the master and you know the story.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The free hearts are only good if you're not at full health. But once you start exploring the nearby town, that's where you start earning pieces of heart. Cool Guy

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're really going by Zelda logic, we should be asking if there are any holes we can blow in peoples property... Laughing

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks tay =D i choose c!
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
I'll say A. If video games have taught me anything, it's that there's always some useful starter stuff in the tutorial town.

and if video games have taught me anything, it's to never leave your hometown before having a visit at your own house Very Happy

b)

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Freedan wrote:
I'll say A. If video games have taught me anything, it's that there's always some useful starter stuff in the tutorial town.

and if video games have taught me anything, it's to never leave your hometown before having a visit at your own house Very Happy

b)

but going to your own house sometimes results in annoying, trivial sidequests.

so yeah, B it is.
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marvelous Text Adventure!

1st Arc: The Legend Begins!

Chapter 5: Home, Sweet Home

"Yes. I really should be visiting home. It would be irresponsible of me to go off adventuring without visiting home first."

And so, Text rode his new steed Agro due south to the small community of Hometown. Not altogether a far journey, Text had arrived at his front door in just over an hour. However, no sooner had Text opened the front door, than an all too familiar voice echoed forth.

"OH! My love, you have returned!" Just inside the doorway stood a woman of incomparable beauty. With a sleek frame, fair skin, and soft, comforting eyes, she was the sort of woman that inspire artists to create. Brushing back her wavy, auburn hair, she looked onward as Text entered. Text rolled his eyes and walked around her.

"Why are you in my house again?" Text poured himself a cup of water and stared at the woman.

"I thought I might tidy the place up. It certainly needed a scrubbing." She looked at him with a subdued expression, almost as if she was pouting.

"How did you get in?" Text glared at her as she pointed to the window behind her.

"Through the window." The window, or what was left of it, was scattered in pieces along the floor. Text looked at the glass on the floor, and then back at the woman.

"Oh, darling, how can you look at me so coldly? You know how I love you so. It reaches beyond the borders of the land, stretching further than the sea, and engulfing the whole of Kingdom; nay, of TerraEarth itself! And oh, how I worry. When you leave home, I pray for your safe return every time. Why just this morning as you left for the Castle, there I was beneath your windowsill, clutching my handkerchief and hoping that I would catch just a fleeting glimpse of your magnificent visage. And to see you now..." But as she turned her gaze back toward the kitchen, Text was gone. "Where have you escaped to my love?" Looking out the broken window, she saw Text already on his horse and traveling away from town. "Come back, my love!" As she scrambled out of the window, she was greeted by her uncle, who, with horse in tow, was on his way back to his farm.

"You'd best not waste your time on that'n, honey. He's a Knight now, or hadn't ya heard?" Despite the distaste in his words, however, the young girl's eyes lit up.

"A Knight?" Her mind filled with poetic visions of Knights in Shining Armor, Princesses, Dragons, Daring Rescues...

"Snap outta' your daydreamin', young'un! Ta think of ya possibly runnin' off after that fella is more than your Aunt or I could handle. Why for the past few years we been raisin ya, all ya been doin is hoverin over that Text fella. Well, now he's gone and there ain't nothin you can do about it. So get offa your horse and... Hey! Get offa my horse!" The young woman had leapt onto her uncle's horse and ridden out after Text.

"Fear not, my love! I ride in search of thee! We shall be together soon! Oh, my darling Sir Text. Till the day I become your bride, I shall remain your lady-in-pursuit!"

--------

It was nightfall when Text finally arrived at Cornelia. "I swear... That crazy woman never stops. Oh well, at least I grabbed a few useful things from storage while she went on. Now to find a place to stay..."

Exclamation As Text's journey is finally about to begin, he takes a look at what he's gathered thus far...

Inventory:
Wallet, 349 GEMS
Double-Edged Sword, Lv. 2 ATK
Dagger, Lv. 1 ATK
Kingdom's Best Chain Mail, Lv. 3 DEF
Rabbit's Foot (Luck Plus)
Lantern (Sight Plus)
Toothbrush (Minty-Freshness Plus)

With the savings he had taken from his home, Text found a nice INN and rested for the night. But what happened the next day would begin a chain of inescapable events that would inevitably lead him closer to his goal of becoming the next King of Kingdom!

...Come to think of it, what did happen the next day?

A) A group of bandits stole his money pouch
B) Text journeyed into the Cursed Woods
C) Agro ran off when Text stopped for a rest
D) When Text woke up, the obbsessed young girl from Hometown was lying next to him

The following entry will be the epic finale of Chapter One! So choose wisely... Exclamation

Last edited by tay120n64 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

minty freshness plus with only a toothbrush? and no toothpaste?

also, ill vote D. that could prove amusing
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Deee! Very Happy

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

B) we can get rid of the woman there!
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

B. yeah wat a freak! plus those woods sounds interesting
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say D. Maybe she'll get ambushed by the bandits instead, and stabbed in the head. Cool Guy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: