TerraEarth Forums

TEA Last Week Blog- Jason Tandro's final week of production!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:51 am   Post subject: TEA Last Week Blog- Jason Tandro's final week of production! Reply with quote

Monday, October 12th

Last night I forced my sick ass to stay up until 2:00 AM. Was I working on the game? No, I was waiting for my friend to bring pizza. I wolfed down three slices and then fell right asleep without getting a glass of water. So all night last night I dreamed of eternally trying to get something to drink but the water I got was always filthy and polluted.

Rough night. I was woken up at 9:00 with my roommate asking me to go do a beer run with him in his car because he was too drunk to drive already. I fell back asleep and forgot to do the beer run. Oh well.

Forced myself to get out of bed at 1:30 because I had to go to work at 3:00. Showed up a half hour early and sat around waiting for my shift to start. I worked through the shift sick as I am and my partner went out to go do something for 3 hours, which I wouldn't have minded since it seemed like we were pretty quiet, but alas as soon as she leaves I had a two-hour rush for rooms... barely a moment to sit in that time. She'll be back soon and I'll get to go home, but I'm so tired, I doubt I'll accomplish much on the game tonight.

Tasks Left
Finish The Load A Storyline
Finish The Original Character Storyline
Finish Tower of Babel Floors 6-100
Finish Call of Eons
Finish Southerta Island
Finish Deep Sea Dock
Finish TCG
Finish RP Punch-Up
Awakening Drives
Balance Monsters
Incidental Tasks
Debugging

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday, October 13th
(delayed)

Well I'll be posting twice today. Here's a record of what I did yesterday. Frankly, all yesterday was spent on the monstrous secret dungeon in the Tower of Babel.

That was time quite well spent, although it did awaken me to the large amount of tasks I have left to do. No worries, I still will meet the release schedule, I'll just have to be a bit creative with my time management. Thankfully, now that that beast is over the remaining tasks are all much quicker.

I have also considered scrapping the TCG segment as it is too complex and very buggy, but I'll see what sort of time I have left.

Tasks Left
Finish Call of Eons
Finish Southerta Island
Finish Deep Sea Dock
Finish TCG
Finish RP Punch-Up
Awakening Drives
Balance Monsters
Incidental Tasks
Debugging

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday, October 14th.

Woke up pretty early for me... noon (remember, I work a night shift, so this is early). I foolishly agreed to cover a shift tomorrow which will eat into my coding time, but if I can't pay the bills, then you get no game! Very Happy

I accomplished a lot more than I thought I would. I made it official and scrapped the TCG, but in its place I added a Kruk racing event in the gambing hall. Small recompense, but the TCG will be in TE:B, so fear not!

I completed Southerta Island AND The Call of Eons, although it wasn't that complex. Call of Eons is merely the flashback dungeon where you gain the ultimate weapons for those in your party.

On that note, the Underworld is being scaled back a bit. The five towers no longer hold ultimate weapons, but are storyline events... I'll leave it at that.

I also added the finishing touches to the Deep Sea Dock.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the amount of work I got done today... I only wish it was more...

Tasks Left
Finish RP Punch-Up
Awakening Drives
Balance Monsters
Incidental Tasks
Debugging

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday October 14th AND Friday October 15th

I pretty much did the same work over the course of these two days, so I'll count them as one entry.

Psychokind's story is complete and everyone else's is basically complete (a few tweaks are in order, but they'll basically be done in about thirty minutes worth of coding, so I'm counting them as completed tasks).

Now The Original story still needs to be done, as well as monster balancing, the RP Punch-Ups and any incidental tasks and debugging. This seems like a lot, but keep in mind that I ordinarily only put in about 2 hours of coding a day, whereas tomorrow I have 10 solid hours to get the game complete (as it will be released by midnight).

In other words, barring trouble with my sendspace account (which I should be resolving tomorrow as well) the Pre-Release will be released as scheduled.

Tasks Left
Finish The Original Character Storyline - estimated coding time (1:30hrs)
Finish RP Punch-Up - (1:00hr)
Awakening Drives - (0:30hr)
Balance Monsters - (1:30hr)
Incidental Tasks - (0:45hr)
Debugging - (2:00hr)

Total Coding Time Left: 7 hours, 15 minutes

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday October 17th 2009

The storyline work is all finished, and it leads in nicely to TerraEarth:Beyond without having an "OMG what the hell?" cliffhanger. Just a nice little... "oh, well how about that?" Very Happy

I didn't want it to be intolerable because the production time in TE:B is going to be a LOT longer and a lot more detailed. Now is as good a time as any to announce that if you sign up for my Game Design Tutorial, you will be trained specifically to be part of the Soul Schism design team and will have the option of working with me on various games, especially TerraEarth: Beyond.

Even if you're a brilliant programmer already, I'd like you to know RPG Maker VX, so I reccomend you learn it via my tutorial or some other method.

But enough rambling of things to come, my production schedule.

As I've said, things are a tad delayed because of my sendspace messing up and not having enough time to do the piddling incidental tasks that make the game complete, AND the monster balancing AND The Awakening Drives. I got a bit behind, but I'm confident that the Pre-Release will be out on Monday, so congrats! It's actually a TE: Birthday present after all.

Of course TerraEarth Remastered will be released as well on the same day.

Tasks Left
Awakening Drives - (0:30hr)
Balance Monsters - (1:30hr)
Incidental Tasks - (0:45hr)
Debugging - (2:00hr)

Total Coding Time Left: 4 hours and 45 minutes

Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's late, but what the hell, I'll sign up. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: