TerraEarth Forums

My Final Fantasy RP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arkisdabomb
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm   Post subject: My Final Fantasy RP Reply with quote

I'm not sure where to put this, so if anyone can think of a better place to put it, please be my guest.

Alright, so long story short: I'm a somewhat avid RPer, and I have been for about 5 years now. Recently, I got this bright idea to try and make a Final Fantasy based RP on one of the sites I frequent. The concept is basically an original plot borrowing ideas from the Final Fantasy games. This is turning out to be rather... interesting, mostly in that I'm working on my own and have no one to bounce ideas off/ get feedback etc. So I thought I'd throw myself to the wolves(that's you guys) and see what kind of feedback I can get off you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obligatory vague plot outline that will be worked on later:
Hundreds of years ago, there was a powerful being. He had a vision: a united land under one rule. War raged over this goal, and through war, the world reached it's height of technology. He would eventually succeed in his quest, bringing all the countries under his rule. However, his reign were often downright evil. It was said that he had formed a pact with a demon granting him godlike powers, and immortality. Many attempts on his life were made, but each time it failed. Finally, a band of warriors found a way to defeat him, but could not kill him, instead sealing him away for all eternity. In a final act of defiance, the world was razed, leaving only a handful of living things alive. As he was sealed, each warrior received a relic, that when combined, would have the power to destroy him once and for all, or release him to ravage the planet once again.

1000 years later, the story continues. The world had slowly repopulated over the years, and the ancient was was forgotten. Technology was being rediscovered, with the much of the world running on steam power, including the airships that populated the skies. Everything was peaceful, until one unlucky scholar dug up an ancient tablet portraying these events. With it, he would find the first of many ancient ruins throughout the world, along with it's advanced technology. Soon, war would break out over these ruins, after one faction decided it would use this technology to bring the world under one rule. It seems that, once again, history would repeat.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, now for the other stuff: It's going to be implementing both a race and a class system, with 6 races and 9 classes being planned for the moment. I'm currently working on detailed outlines for the races, so I'll post the first two I've completed for you guys to have fun with. (I've taken SOME creative liscense, so the races featured won't be EXACTLY as they are in the games)

Oh, also the name of the country is Arctura, which is the largest country on the currently unnamed planet. The planet is much like Earth, in that it is mostly water, about 65% water. Arctura takes up 15% of the remaining space left, with the other 20% being taken up by various islands spread across said planet.
Human
Pros: Most balanced race, featuring no real weaknesses, and can do well in any role
Cons: Being good at everything means they're not great at anything.
Preferred Class: Any
Description: Humans are the most populous race on Arctura, creating approximately 45% of the country's population. Apperance wise they will vary depending on their ancestry, having the most diverse skin, hair, and eye colours of any race. The average height for a male on Arctura is approximately 5'10", while females average at 5'4".

Due to their large numbers, humans are often seen in many jobs.

The major human city resides in the center of Arctura.

Al Bhed
Pros: very tech savvy, feature higher agility and dexterity than normal humans
Cons: cannot (or will not) use magic
Prefered Class: Gadgeteer, Thief, Gunner
Description: Al Bhed are the 2nd most populous race, making up about 17% of the population of Arctura. A race of highly technological beings who share similar traits with humans, they are distinguished by their blonde hair and green, sprial-shaped irises.Much like humans, their average height for Males runs around 5'10", while females are slightly shorter, averaging about 5'2".

Taking a purely scientific approach, they ignore, and in some cases, outright shun magic as "obsolete". The most common job for an Al Bhed to occupy is that of a Gadgeteer, including a specific guild of Al Bhed gadgeteers known as the "Psyches", who are in charge of keeping the world's public Air Ships in working order. Some "renegade" or adventerous Al Bhed, usually teenagers, will often use their natural agility and dexterity to aid those they adventure with, filling the role of the "thief" in their adventuring party. However, the least common, and most feared, members of the Al Bhed are the Gunners. They are considered to be the best gunners in the land, due in part to their advanced technology. The Al Bhed gunner are the warrior class in their society, and are a very elite group.

The Al Bhed don't have a major city on land. Instead, in one of the greatest technological feats in Arctura's history, the Al Bhed were able to construct a massive air ship called "Home", which is said to be large enough to block out the sun, although no one living on Arctura can confirm this, as "Home" is located many miles away from the mainland. There is much mystery behind this air ship for the other races, as only a handful of people outside of the Al Bhed have ever seen it.

Moogle
Pros: Small frame makes them hard to hit, handy with tools (Northern Moogles), among the most powerful mages in Arctura(Southern Moogles)
Cons: Low Durability and Strength
Prefered Class:Gadgeteer(Northern Moogles), White Mage, Black Mage, (Southern Moogles)
Description: Moogles are small, usually white, mammals who are characterized by their bat-like wings and red "pom-pom" on thier head. Looks wise, the Northern and Southern Moogles are identical, although they have different speech patterns. The Northern Moogles, who are considered to be more "urbanized", will often add "Kupo" to the end of their sentances, while the Southern Moogles, the more "rural" moogles, will use "Nyaa".

The Northern Moogles are almost exclusively gadgeteers, and are responsible for the world's ships, which thanks to the Al Bhed Airships, are used almost exclusively for cargo transport, although there are still the occasional passenger lines. Southern Moogles are considered to be the among the most powerful mages on Arctura, however with the sharp increase in technology, many are beginning to view Magic as obsolete at best, and parlour tricks at worst. Just never say this to a Southern Moogle's face.

Northern Moogles are found all over Arctura, essentially anywhere there is a dock, but their main city is found in the Northern Plains. Southern Moogles are somewhat less sociable, and make their home in relative solitude in the Southern Mountains, only occasionally coming in contact with the Mithra who share the mountains with them.

So yeah... have fun guys.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

id have to see more, but this looks good so far. perhaps a bit less influence from FFX might do well, at the moment it seems to be over half FFX (ancient high-tech city and the al-bhed being the main points)
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well there is steam powered stuff like in FF9 too. sounds pretty awesome to me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: