TerraEarth Forums

Bad President. No Cookie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
if it's not based on dem/repub, it's based on gender and race now. both our last canidates on this one were both idiots.

hilary, making the world think everything is america's fault.

obama, still not accepting that WE CAN'T

Obama blames everything on us too. :'D He did a world tour apologizing for the USA.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
sora-mage wrote:
if it's not based on dem/repub, it's based on gender and race now. both our last canidates on this one were both idiots.

Obama blames everything on us too. :'D He did a world tour apologizing for the USA.

If bush had my job before me, id apologies for him as well

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamez wrote:
rainichan wrote:
sora-mage wrote:

If bush had my job before me, id apologies for him as well

He wasn't the reason for all of the apologizing though. :/ Honestly all of the Bush hate, no matter how irritating he was in his 8 year term, is beginning to grate on my nerves.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We are similarly fucked in a political sense. Although unlike America, we have a LOT more than just 2 parties Britain is still considered a 3-party country.
The major parties are: Labour (left wing), Liberal Democrats (centre wing, if there's such a thing), Conservatives (right wing). But the Lib Dems haven't won an election since.... *shrug* ....a long time ago. Razz

But we DO actually have a bunch of other smaller parties all over the place. I personally would be willing to vote for The Official Monster Raving Loony Party, if only they had a candidate standing in my constituency (seriously, that is a real party - one memorable policy in recent years was to lobby for the introduction of a 99p coin into legal tender). There are a few up and coming smaller parties though, such as the Green Party, the UK Independence Party (to get us out of the EU), the BNP (who actually have seats in the Commons these days), and many others, not even counting independent candidates.

Of course, a lot of people do consider voting for anyone except the big 3 to be equal to pissing your vote away (some people consider voting Lib Dem to be roughly the same thing), and all the major parties are basically the same, just with different colour schemes, slightly different slogans, and almost identical policies. We can't win.

What it would take for the UK to really shake things up I think would be for all the public to stop voting for any of the Big 3, and start all voting for all the smaller parties instead, although to be fair I'm not sure those parties have what it would take to actually run the country if they DID get into power (they have no experience and, in most cases, quite possibly not enough of a manifesto).

O well....
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
I personally would be willing to vote for The Official Monster Raving Loony Party, if only they had a candidate standing in my constituency (seriously, that is a real party - one memorable policy in recent years was to lobby for the introduction of a 99p coin into legal tender).

Only in Britain...

Seriously, there are times when I think its the most ridiculously awesome country ever. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hey we have some interesting parties here too. it effectively comes down to one of the big 2 though. knowing close to nothing about politics, i might hold off making an idiot of myself until ive done some research into these matters.
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
I personally would be willing to vote for The Official Monster Raving Loony Party, if only they had a candidate standing in my constituency (seriously, that is a real party - one memorable policy in recent years was to lobby for the introduction of a 99p coin into legal tender).

Only in Britain...

Seriously, there are times when I think its the most ridiculously awesome country ever. Laughing

It really is. Smile

The Official Monster Raving Loony Party was formed back in 1983 by Screaming Lord Sutch - not just a silly name he made up for himself; well okay, it IS just a silly title, but the gentleman in question was ACTUALLY a real Earl (the 3rd Earl of Harrow, according to Wikipedia), and funded the party out of his own pocket ('cos let's face it, any political with a name like that isn't likely to get any serious sponsors). Since he died, it's gone commercial, apparently currently being sponsored by high-street betting company William Hill.

They stand with completely stupid manifestoes in only some of the constituencies (due to a shortage of people willing to stand for such a silly party, given the candidacy fees can be quite hefty) and have yet to ever win a single seat (though not through lack of trying). XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: