TerraEarth Forums

Pokemon HG/SS: Secrets Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:55 am   Post subject: Pokemon HG/SS: Secrets Thread Reply with quote

Okay so this thread is for anyone who has any questions about finding things in HG or SS, as I have just purchased the second Strategy Guide. I'm mainly doing this for EP as he asked me where to find the Gym Leaders after you defeat them. Once their numbers are registered, you can challenge them to a rematch at the Dojo in Saffron City. The following are their locations, requirements, appearance times, and rematch times, respectively:

JOHTO:

Falkner
-Celadon Dept. Store; After defeating Janine; Monday
Rematch Time [RT]-Saturday Morning

Bugsy
-Viridian Forest; Post-Hall of Fame [PHoF]; Thursday
RT-Thursday Afternoon

Whitney
- Goldenrod Dept. Store; PHoF; Daily 12PM-4PM
RT-Saturday Afternoon

Morty
- Bellchime Trail; PHoF; Monday & Tuesday
RT-Tuesday Night

Chuck
- Cianwood City (talk to his wife in front of the Gym); PHoF; Anytime
RT-Wednesday Night

Jasmine
- Olivine Cafe; PHoF; Daily 1PM-2PM
RT-Wednesday Afternoon

Pryce
- Lake of Rage; PHoF; Daily 6AM-10AM
RT-Monday Morning

Clair
- Dragon's Den; After the Tag-Battle Event; Daily 6AM-10AM
RT-Friday Night

KANTO:

Lt. Surge
- In front of the Power Plant (must have Pikachu); After getting 16 badges & catching Zapdos; Daily 9AM-12PM
RT-Friday Morning

Sabrina
- Olivine Port; After defeating her; Friday
RT-Sunday Afternoon

Misty
- Route 25; 16 Badges; Daily 4PM-6PM
RT-Wednesday Morning

Erika
- Celadon City (Only when she's with Jasmine); 16 Badges; Weekends 2PM-5PM
RT-Sunday Morning

Janine
- Victory Road Gate; After defeating her; Daily 4PM-6PM
RT-Monday Afternoon

Brock
- Diglett's Cave (Pewter Side); 16 Badges; Daily 12PM-3PM
RT-Saturday Night

Blaine
- Cinnabar Island; 16 Badges; Tuesday
RT-Tuesday Afternoon

Blue
- His home in Pallet; Talk to Daisy after getting 7 Pokemon groomed by her (Daisy grooms Pokemon Daily, 3PM-4PM)
RT-Sunday Night

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome. i have something to do now.

some minor hints i have:

The Safari Zone: after doing the two owner aptitude quests, and playing for a few hours, you unlock the ability to place objects.

placing a certain amount of objects in certain kinds of areas unlocks more pokemon. the unlocked pokemon are often powerful, and high level.

for a full list, LOOK HERE.

the blocks (peak, plains, forest or waterside) relate to the extra script next to the objects (liked by pokemon in some kind of area). that corresponds to the kind of block, not the area you are in.

you can only place 30 at a time in one area, and some require more than 30, and some even in combinations. to get these, you simply need to wait. after the area (the base area, not the blocks) has been there for a certain number of days, all blocks placed in it will level up and count as more than one.

the list can be found on the bulbapedia page i linked to earlier.

so, after 30 days, blocks of type peak (or, rock) will gain one level, and count as 2 blocks of that kind.

this means that to get a gible (rocky beach, need 49 plains and 49 peak), you will need to wait 210 days since the rocky beach appeared. note that these days do include the time before you unlocked the ability to place objects.

i think that is a decent enough guide... what i know about it is the result of me reading several different guides, mostly useless, and experimenting for myself. hope it helps.

additional note, high-level dragonairs can be caught as soon as the required objects are placed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: