TerraEarth Forums

Parallel Earth Reference Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
My problem is I would watch one string of episodes, miss a week or two and then we'd be in a completely different chapter.

Like I remember watching Episode 6, Party Night. Then i missed a couple weeks. Then all of a sudden there's this weird thing called Zero Gundam, Zechs is trying to operate this thing called the Zero System, Relena is some kind of queen of a new kingdom and I was like WTF?

The storyline was undoubtedly epic, but that means you really can't afford to miss an episode.

Two words: Trowa Barton. Very Happy I had no interest in cartoons at the time, I was too cool for school, all that tween bullshit. Suddenly, theres this deep, emotionless guy, with a weird haircut, who controlled a giant robot with a gatling gun. I was enthralled. I might say, if it had not been for GW, I probably would've never ended up coming to this site. Isn't that a kick in the butt?

To be honest Trowa and his gundam were my least favorite.

I alway found that I related most with Duo (big surprise there. A loud smartass Very Happy ). His gundam was also pretty cool.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
My problem is I would watch one string of episodes, miss a week or two and then we'd be in a completely different chapter.

Like I remember watching Episode 6, Party Night. Then i missed a couple weeks. Then all of a sudden there's this weird thing called Zero Gundam, Zechs is trying to operate this thing called the Zero System, Relena is some kind of queen of a new kingdom and I was like WTF?

The storyline was undoubtedly epic, but that means you really can't afford to miss an episode.

Two words: Trowa Barton. Very Happy I had no interest in cartoons at the time, I was too cool for school, all that tween bullshit. Suddenly, theres this deep, emotionless guy, with a weird haircut, who controlled a giant robot with a gatling gun. I was enthralled. I might say, if it had not been for GW, I probably would've never ended up coming to this site. Isn't that a kick in the butt?

To be honest Trowa and his gundam were my least favorite.

I alway found that I related most with Duo (big surprise there. A loud smartass Very Happy ). His gundam was also pretty cool.

Well I later became a fan of Heero. It was Trowa that got me into the whole bit. And while my tastes have evolved and I've experienced more of the Gundam universe, Wing still stands as my favorite.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ever seen Wing. They referenced the G Gundam series in the manga of Wing, but I have no frame-of-reference for that.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I've only ever seen Wing. They referenced the G Gundam series in the manga of Wing, but I have no frame-of-reference for that.

G was cool because just about every episode was Gundam on Gundam. I mean, its no where near the calibur of Wing in terms of story or character development, it's meant to be a more fun series. Also, in the final battle, they featured various Gundams from older series, and a cameo from Wing Gundam, from the then still unaired Gundam Wing. My second favorite series stands at 08th MS Team. Short and sweet, it's an awesome show.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: