TerraEarth Forums

Self Defense V. Gun- Everybody must watch this video.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

Not true. I don't have the patience to look for it right now, but a kid got shot in the head with a .45 magnum, lost half of is brain, lived, and was still a functioning member of society. I remember them airing it on that old Guiness World Records show from Fox... sort of like the Dean Cain Ripley's Believe It Or Not but more low rent.

The kid's head looked like a deflated basketball, and had a specially shaped piece of styrofoam to insert into his head to make it look normal again. I kid you not.

Fair enough, but surely you're aware that that is an exception to the rule.

I know it is. People have died from less.

Weirdly enough, ever heard of the guy that drank drain cleaner, had his small intestine directly connected from his esphogaeas to his stomach, and constantly has to eat because of it, otherwise he will die from starvation. Weird stuff.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

Not true. I don't have the patience to look for it right now, but a kid got shot in the head with a .45 magnum, lost half of is brain, lived, and was still a functioning member of society. I remember them airing it on that old Guiness World Records show from Fox... sort of like the Dean Cain Ripley's Believe It Or Not but more low rent.

The kid's head looked like a deflated basketball, and had a specially shaped piece of styrofoam to insert into his head to make it look normal again. I kid you not.

Fair enough, but surely you're aware that that is an exception to the rule.

I know it is. People have died from less.

Weirdly enough, ever heard of the guy that drank drain cleaner, had his small intestine directly connected from his esphogaeas to his stomach, and constantly has to eat because of it, otherwise he will die from starvation. Weird stuff.

Far less. I've heard of some weird ways people can die. If you jam a pen into a person eye socket in the right way, you'll scramble the brains. Scared

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MENTION THAT I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW JASON.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else read that and immediately grab for their eye? I know I did.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Anyone else read that and immediately grab for their eye? I know I did.

I wrote the damn thing and I was doing that! Scared

Rest in peace, old avatar.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
psychokind wrote:
Blade wrote:
doing the portrayed actions WRONG can get you killed.

absolutely. it raises the chances of getting killed up to 95%. especially if the enemy shoots several times, to make sure the stubborn victim doesn't stand up again.

True but a bullet to the brain at point blank range is 100% fatal, so again, I'll take my chances if the situation arises.

You are told to do what the gunman says, yes. But you never follow the gunman anywhere or go anywhere with them. Because if so, you are as good as dead.

I've been taught that since I was a kid. Run in a zig-zag, scream bloody murder, do anything but go with the lunatic.

[Edit: This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. "Guns don't kill people. 3/4 inch holes in the head kill people."]

this reminds me of the italian (or was it israeli?) girl who lost his frontal cortex in an accident, and was thus without conscience. she wasn't able to learn out of punishment, always lied and only knew of it's own advantage. one of those cases which support Freud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: