TerraEarth Forums

Doctor Who

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:56 am   Post subject: Doctor Who Reply with quote

So, anyone watching the new season besides me here?

I love Matt Smith as the new doctor. =D

also, no spoilers please, i'm catching up episodes 2-3 and 10 onward ...

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:00 am   Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:
So, anyone watching the new season besides me here?

I love Matt Smith as the new doctor. =D

also, no spoilers please, i'm catching up episodes 2-3 and 10 onward ...

Yeah, my entire family has watched Doctor ever since year dot. Very Happy (Well, feels like). We're all HUGE Whovians. ^_^

Trust me when I say, you'll love the rest of the season, Miss Prime Blue, I know we all did. (The finale aired for us this Saturday just gone). Cool
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to watch the new season. Even though we've been recording it, I have been too lazy to actually put it on lately xD. The new doctor is really fun. Though to me he's just a wee bit shallow.. Though all shows do that whenever they get new directors or writers at first, so it's good
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Matt's Smith's take on the doctor is very fresh and new. He's only 27 (which makes him the youngest actor to play the doctor, I think), so maybe it's that.

Still, he's entertaining, and a compassionate doctor, I think.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:
Well, Matt's Smith's take on the doctor is very fresh and new. He's only 27 (which makes him the youngest actor to play the doctor, I think), so maybe it's that.

Still, he's entertaining, and a compassionate doctor, I think.

Yes, Matt Smith is indeed the youngest actor ever to play The Doctor, he gives the show a lot of youthful energy - though that's not to say that Tennant, and previous actors before him, didn't have youthful energy up the wazoo as well. Very Happy

When they announced Matt Smith as the new Doctor, I remember thinking "O NOES!!!!!! Now I'm officially OLLLLLLLLD!" because for the first time ever, the Doctor is played by a bloke who is younger than me (albeit by just about 2 months).

By comparison, my dad only became "Old" (ie. when the actor playing the Doctor was younger than him) when the movie came out in '96, Paul McGann was the first actor in the role younger than my dad. :p
Level 7: Raiden

Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of funny that as the Doctor has had more incarnations (and thus closer to his death) he's almost constantly been getting younger in appearance. I tried to watch the surviving episodes from the start but I just can't do it because the first Doctor is such a crotchety old man... and his first companions are like nails on chalkboard. Still plan to try and see more of the Tom Baker episodes when I get back on a faster connection though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: