TerraEarth Forums

Link To The Past - Some Observations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:13 pm   Post subject: Link To The Past - Some Observations Reply with quote

I'm replaying Link to the Past with every cheat code activated, so I start the game with all the items (except key items, like the pendants and master sword). It's fun blasting through dungeons with the magic spells, rods, canes, bow/ silver arrows and hookshot from the outset.

But I've made a couple of observations:

1. Color Glitch?

The Pendant of Power is blue and the Pendant of Wisdom is red.

This has to be a color or translation glitch.

The triforces of Courage, Wisdom and Power are traditionally represented Green, Blue and Red in THAT order.

Also I would argue that the second dungeon requires wisdom whereas the tower of Hera is about blasting through the enemies. It is also where Ganon's Tower lies in the dark world so it seems like that should be the power.

2. Boomerang > Arrows

No question. I mean sure the silver arrows kill anything with one hit, but the boomerang is soooo much easier to aim and faster to boot.

3. Ether... what does it do?

What exactly is Ether's description? I mean sometimes it transforms enemies and other times it freezes them. Is it basically just a "make weird crap happen" spell?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Link To The Past - Some Observations Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
3. Ether... what does it do?

What exactly is Ether's description? I mean sometimes it transforms enemies and other times it freezes them. Is it basically just a "make weird crap happen" spell?

Pretty much. It also reveals hidden platforms in certain areas of the game. LIKE GANON'S TOWER AND DEATH MOUNTAIN.

And yeah, Boomerang=WIN. I use it sooooo much in ALttP.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it the Quake medallion that does the transforming? Ether just freezes/kills certain enemies, if memory serves (as well as the platform highlighting).

As for the pendants, I guess this game was made before they decided on the colour-to-attribute scheme. OoT introduced that, I believe.

I guess you could say the wisdom in the Tower of Hera comes from manipulating the crystal switches, or even fighting the boss (brute force won't work, with it being armoured everywhere but the tail). You're forced to pick your shots more. Meh/Worried

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ether makes the green electro-gums into ni.... black gums Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: