TerraEarth Forums

Reverse Racism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reverse Racism Reply with quote

You guys know me, and know that I am not even remotely racist. I want to clarify that point right now because of the nature of the debate I am about to start.

I think that racial politically correct bullcrap should be stopped. These are the things that are pissing me off.

The N-Word
I understand that word has offensive connotations and is the language of idiots and bigots. But don't sit there and say "well it's okay if we say it, but white people can't." Either everybody can use it or nobody can. Don't make self-serving double standards.

"African-American"
I use this term in mixed company but I have a problem with it. It's innacurate. There are white people from Africa. They are African Americans. There are black people who have no immediate family links in Africa who are. Genealogically speaking, we're all African-American.

There was a case where a white student who was from South Africa who applied for a scholarship for "african-americans". He won the scholarship, but it was revoked when they found out he was white.
That is bullshit.

There is no shame in being called "black" that isn't equal in calling somebody "white". If we don't want to offend anybody, then I demand that people start calling me German-Scottish-French-American.

White Guilt

Meet my archnemesis on this front, Glenn Singleton a guy who has been promoting the idea that "only Whites can be racist" and that blacks should not be expected to live up to the same standards that Whites are.

He has actually said ignorant shit like "colored language is more spiritual and emotional, where white language is literal and soulless". And my personal favorite "[being a productive member of society] is a white value that is forced upon blacks."

--

Anyways rant over. Discuss.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"[being a productive member of society] is a white value that is forced upon blacks."

Wow... it's kind of incredible that anyone could make such an idiotic statement.

I'm with you all the way. The N-word, I really don't care about. It is a rather stupid double standard that I would be scum for saying it while other people call each other by it as a sign of friendship. I had nothing to do with that word, and neither did they. It shouldn't even be in our vocabulary any more; those days are supposed to be over.

Still, I have no reason to say it anyway, so I don't particularly care if I'm 'not allowed'.

African-American is just a term white people were forced to use because somewhere along the way, it was decided that 'black' was offensive. Problem is, it makes two assumptions.... that the person is African, and that they're American. Forget about black people from Haiti, or South America, or anywhere OTHER than Africa. If you have dark skin, you have to be African American.

And finally, white people aren't the only ones who can be racist; we're just the only ones who are demonized for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: