TerraEarth Forums

Second Annual Tenth Anniversary Answers and Winners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:47 pm   Post subject: Second Annual Tenth Anniversary Answers and Winners Reply with quote

Okay, it's time to list the winners of SBiF's Second Annual Tenth Anniversary Trivia Contest. Unfortunately there weren't as many participants this years as there was last... I'm assuming due to the difficulty of the questions. Of the mere three participants, the highest score was Five correct!

But before I began, I am going to relist not only the questions, but now with the answers included as well. (IF you wish to skip to the bottom past the answers to view the winners, the word "WINNERS" will be in bold)

1: What film was based on the story "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

Answer: Blade Runner

2: What are the two prematurely cancelled series that received "Finales" on the X-Files?

Answer: Millienium (Episode "Millenium") and The Lone Gunmen (Episode "Jump The Shark")

3: A favorite of mine, Smallville is in it's tenth (And final) year on television, as this site is going into it's tenth (And hopefully not final) year.
Two identical brothers appeared on the show at different times, each playing a different character. One brother went on to play Iceman in the X-Men movies. What iconic character did the other brother go on to play in Smallville?

Answer: Jimmy Olsen

4: Who was the first man in outerspace?

Answer: Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin

5: How many Tim Burton Films did Johnny Depp star in?

Answer: Seven. They are as follows: Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factor, Sweeny Todd, and Alice In Wonderland.

6: Who was the fiftieth member to join the board in it’s current incarnation?

Answer: Freedan. (Incidentally, two members both answered with "Hax."

7: This question will take you back to an earlier time… I wrote The Crisis of Infinite TerraEarths Volume one, and it is readily available to read. However, I had started the story earlier, and it was to be wildly different. Who was the original “main villain” of that story? (I'm looking for the name, not the race of beings)

Answer: Lord Poonu (I did say it was wildly different)

8: Years ago, I turned the tables on myself and introduced the one-off “SBiF’s Challenge,” where I answered YOUR questions instead of asking my own. A), What was the first question asked, and B) what was the answer?

Answer: What movie does the line "English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?" come from? And the answer: Pulp Fiction.

9: On the day that TE Started ten years ago, what was the first content featured on the site?

Answer: "Some cool midi's." (Thanks goes to Wayback machine for this one)

10: What is the name of the "Seventh" sword in SB? (Quick Trivia- if it hadn't been for this site, I would've never found this sword on my own)

Answer: Recovery Sword

Bonus Question: Anyone who gets this correct will receive 50 GEMs no matter what. It will not count towards the game itself.

BS1: In the WWE, Kane has been a main attraction on and off for over a decade now. During the mid-ninties, however, he wrestled under several different names during the by-gone WWF era. One such was a doctor of the sorts. Who was this character?

Answer: Dr. Issac Yankem, DDS.

And now, what you've been really waiting for:

WINNERS

There were three participants this year; gw8t3st, psychokind, and Jason Tandro.

To start, Jason had a total of four correct answers. He takes home the second place prize of 500 GEMs.

That said... gw3test and psychokind both scored five correct, with psychokind being the only one to correctly answer the Bonus question. They will split the first place prize, but in the interest of fairness, I've kicked up the Split First Place prize to 1400- each will receive 750 GEMs, with psychokind receiving 800 for correctly answering the bonus question.

Congrats to all the winners (Which was everyone who participated Razz ) See you next year!
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: