TerraEarth Forums

The Marvelous Text Adventure: 2nd Arc!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What happens next?
Text reaches for his sword.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Text reaches for his Rabbit's Foot.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Text speaks to the Dragon.
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Text faints.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am   Post subject: The Marvelous Text Adventure: 2nd Arc! Reply with quote

ANNOUNCEMENT: Remember that no matter what you choose, Text will not die, or if he does, the story will not end. The ending of TMTA will be the same no matter what happens. Keep in mind that you are deciding how his journey plays out, and not where he gets to in the end.

It's the return of The Marvelous Text Adventure! The interactive story where you, the reader, get to decide how the story progresses!

RULES: Voting will take place in the Poll at the beginning of the topic. Please DO NOT REPLY unless the chapter in question asks for it. However, please feel free to discuss or make suggestions here. The opening post will update alongside each chapter, so keep your eyes on this post!

Click here to view Arc 1.

CURRENT INVENTORY:
Wallet: Gems 299
Double-Edged Sword, Lv. 2 ATK
Dagger, Lv. 1 ATK
Kingdom's Best Chain Mail, Lv. 3 DEF
Rabbit's Foot (Luck Plus)
Lantern (Sight Plus)
Toothbrush (Minty-Freshness Plus)

CURRENT LOCATIONS:
Castle Town - Located in the center of Kingdom's mainland.
Cornelia - 2.5hrs. South-East of Castle Town
Cursed Woods - 1.5hrs. East of Castle Town
Great Bay Royal Port - 2hrs. West of Castle Town
Hometown - 1hr. South of Castle Town
Southbound - 3.5hrs South of Cornelia

Last edited by tay120n64 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marvelous Text Adventure!

2nd Arc: The Journey Continues!

Chapter 1: A Daring Escape?

When last we left Text, he had settled down for the night at an INN in Cornelia. All in one day, he had proven himself to be modest, witty, and strong, not to mention gaining the respect of Two of the Nine remaining Knights. Will the Potential Knight Text be able to prove himself worthy to succeed the King? Whatever you do Text, just don't open your eyes...

"Teeeeeext...." Text hears a soft and beautiful voice calling out his name. "Oh, Text, won't you wake up...?" Wanting to find out who this beautiful woman might be, Text tried desperately to continue dreaming. However, his attempts were inevitably futile, as he began to open his eyes...

----------

Meanwhile, downstairs, the INN's proprietor was busy sweeping the entryway and preparing for the day's new customers. However, as he opened the door, two Bandits charged in, each riding a horse. The proprietor, despite almost being knocked down, managed to retain his footing just barely.

"YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH! Gimme all yer money banker!" The first Bandit yelled at the proprietor. But before the proprietor could answer, a loud scream was heard coming from upstairs, followed by several crashes, a woman yelling fast and incomprehensibly, and finally a man with a sword bursting down the stairs and diving out a nearby window.

The Bandits and the proprietor looked at the broken window for a moment as a few pieces of glass crashed to the floor. However, no sooner had the Bandit moved his attention back toward the proprietor to resume "negotiations", than Text's "lady-in-pursuit" rushed down the stairs screaming for her "love".

"Oh, Text, my darling, why must you play so hard-to-get?" As she turned, she noticed the men on horseback and the proprietor. "Excuse me, but did either of you see a man with a sword dash through here? My darling love has gone missing you see..."

The Bandits looked at each other for a moment and then back at the lady. "Look'ere, missy. We're Bandits. We don' care 'bout yer love 'n stuff. But we would like yer money 'n yer time if ya don' mind." However, when the Bandit reached down to grab her, she grabbed his arm and threw him onto the ground behind her.

"NO MAN MAY TOUCH ME ASIDE FROM MY LOVE!" The second Bandit then jumped off his horse and dove at the lady. However, he was stopped short by her foot, which landed in the center of his face. She then started making her way outside the INN and out into the street. As she did, she noticed Text at the edge of town riding away on his horse. However, as she went to get on her horse and chase after him, the two Bandits dove in front of her.

"Tough Missy! Ya gotta take us on with ya! We'll be yer followers as long as ya want!" She looked down at the two men with a mixture of pleasure and bewilderment.

"Oh, my."

----------

"That crazy woman!" Text yelled as he made his way southbound. "I didn't have time to do anything in town! At least the next town isn't far from here. Hopefully I don't run into any monsters before I've had breakfast." In the distance, Text could hear a loud roar, but he couldn't place what manner of beasts, nor how far away it was. He decided to make his way toward the next town as quickly as possible.

Exclamation Vote on what happens next in the poll at the beginning of the topic! Exclamation

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marvelous Text Adventure!

2nd Arc: The Journey Continues!

Chapter 2: Lions and Tigers and... Dragons?! Oh, crap.

As Text rode South, the roaring continued in the distance. Only it seemed to be growing louder... And closer... "Just keep riding, Text." He said to himself. "Just keep going, and maybe whatever it is will just think I'm not here. I can't see it, therefore it is entirely plausible that it, in fact, can not see me." Unfortunately for Text, he does not happen to be a very convincing person, and the idea of a living creature not being able to see something unless it sees him seemed rather far-fetched. And so, succumbing so obviously to the curiosity that plagues us all, Text slowly turns his head to see what was making all that roaring.

It was a dragon.

To add further to his misfortune, it was an Indigo Mountain dragon, creatures that are known, among other things, for not noticing things that don't notice them. Incidentally, the Indigo dragon had just been noticed.

It took about ten seconds for the dragon and Text to come face-to-face. Those seconds ended up playing out something like this:

1sec: Text screams like a little girl.
2sec: The dragon screams like a ferocious killing creature.
3sec: Text reaches for his sword. The dragon gets closer.
4sec: Text can't pull out his sword. The dragon gets closer.
5sec: Text changes his mind about the sword. The dragon is almost above Text.
6sec: Text screams again. The dragon screams again.
7sec: Text falls off his horse. The dragon passes Text.
8sec: Text is in pain. The dragon turns around.
9sec: Text stands up. The dragon lands.
10sec: Text needs to change his pants.

The dragon, which was somewhere in the range of seventeen feet tall, looked down at Text as if to say, "Did you really just look at me?!" Text, rather unnerved and somewhat self-violated, looked back as if to say, "Well no. I mean, it was sort of an accident. It's not like I meant to look at you. And it's not like I'm looking at you now! I mean, our eyes are currently making contact, but I swear it is out of proper etiquette only! I would never, ever look at you! Which is not to say you are unpleasant to look at, just..." Text's look was interrupted by the dragon, as he blew a burst of fire into the air.

Text screamed again. The dragon screamed again.

"Wait a second," Text thought, "When I scream, it screams. Could it be as terminally petrified of me as I am of him? Well, maybe not petrified, but squeamish at the least..." Text decided to use the dragon's potential fear to his advantage. Now to plan his next move...

Exclamation Vote on what Text does in the Poll at the beginning of the topic! Exclamation

Exclamation Exclamation In addition, the forum member with the most correct answers to the following puzzle will get to further decide secret details about the next chapter! Each square is a video game title. Name the game, along with its coordinate, and send it to me in a PM titled: TMTA Chapter 2. Exclamation Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: