TerraEarth Forums

World of Terranigma

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:46 pm   Post subject: World of Terranigma Reply with quote

It's an ACEO trading card that I commissioned from a guy on Deviantart. His gallery is at

http://sasika.deviantart.com

Well actually, it's the size of 3 trading cards stuck side-by side, for a total 3.5ins by 7.5ins in size, and features both Elles, Yomi, Meilin, Turbo, a wolf from Norfest Forest, and a couple of chickens from Crysta. And I think it looks awesome...apart from Meilin's rather manly-looking chin. But that's very small given the size of the card, so difficult to get the right smoothness of arc. Smile

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno... i much prefer the other art youve had commissioned. as talented as this guy is, i dont think his style much fits terranigma.

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
i dunno... i much prefer the other art youve had commissioned. as talented as this guy is, i dont think his style much fits terranigma.

I beg to differ...I know I've said Meilin looks a little odd - and I'm pretty sure she wears a blue jacket over her red top - but I think his style works well on the rest of the card. The Elles look very pretty - particularly Princess Elle, they're quite expressive, even for anime eyes - and Yomi looks very real with the light and shading techniques use.

But to each their own. Smile

Oooo, and I'm hoping to commission a new Gaia pic from Arabatos soon, featuring: Lisa from SB, Kara and Lilly from IoG, Elle Meilin and Fyda from TN, and Arcia and Laramee from GS.
I just can't think of a good scene for them.
I'm not trying to think of anything in-game, just something they could all be doing. I thought of a sleepover, then I thought "Nah, way to cheesy"! Razz Laughing
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have an idea of what Turbo looks like Smile

I agree about Yomi and shadows in general, they look great.
I like how there are chickens mixed with everything... they are so random lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,227

PostFlamez Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

not a fan. as ever said, it dosent really fit terrangima.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new one better, it has way more detail! but tell the guy to make the pictures more dark and serious Wink

what I didn't quite understand... a card game? you mean... cards with Terranigma pictures? a deck of cards to play poker or sth? THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME I WOULD BUY IT INSTANTLY

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
I like the new one better, it has way more detail! but tell the guy to make the pictures more dark and serious Wink

what I didn't quite understand... a card game? you mean... cards with Terranigma pictures? a deck of cards to play poker or sth? THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME I WOULD BUY IT INSTANTLY

No, ACEO cards aren't a card game, although you could easily make a deck of cards using them and make up your own game. Smile

ACEO cards are a standard size of card stock - 2.5"x3.5" - the same size as traditional baseball cards and the like; artists do small sketches on them and trade them to each other, or sell them, to show off their massive art skillz. Very Happy They're small, so they're quick to draw and usually really cheap too.

Sasika, the artist, seems to like drawing potentially very dark subject matter with bright happy colours, it's just his style. ^^

WE SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE UP A GAIA TRILOGY "TOP TRUMPS" CARD GAME THOUGH. ^______^ That would be instant awesome. Cool

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

there was one point at which i made a few Terranigma themed Magic cards. i'll see if i can find them when i get back home. I even made an Ark planeswalker.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
there was one point at which i made a few Terranigma themed Magic cards. i'll see if i can find them when i get back home. I even made an Ark planeswalker.

"Ark, Light and Darkness -Planeswalker
Has a PHD in kicking your ass.

+2: Generates 3 Yomi tokens.
-1: Regenerates target Creature card.
-6: Destroys every permanent card excluding tokens and Ark, Light and Darkness."

Razz

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

"Ark, Light and Darkness -Planeswalker
Has a PHD in kicking your ass.

+2: Generates 3 Yomi tokens.
-1: Regenerates target Creature card.
-6: Destroys every permanent card excluding tokens and Ark, Light and Darkness."

Razz

I officially have little to no idea what any of the above means, but it still sounds cool.

Laughing
Sent by The Master

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What YETI said xD
I never played Magic card.. the designs don't get my attention..

I only played Pokemon! I love the card designs and the gameplay.

What if Dark Elle were the one crying and Princess Elle were all happy smiling? (and Meiling had a more feminine face xD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: