rayim
Legend shall speak

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 131

Postrayim Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
rayim wrote:
If you ever need the HP of the monsters, here it is in the jap version. Don't think they change in the EU version.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/coelestis/tenchi/monster/monster1.htm

The site is useful also for comparing the japanese names of the mobs, many of them are changed~

Also, goodjob on this psycho. These game logs are wicked!

thanks Very Happy and thanks for the page! does somebody know what the additional infos are there?

So it has: Name, Location appearance, HP, EXP, GEM, Attributes, Weakness, name of the technique, Description of technique, Etymology, Meaning of name (etymology is speculative).

You can use google translate for the job:

Code:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhomepage2.nifty.com%2Fcoelestis%2Ftenchi%2Fmonster%2Fmonster1.htm&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=Shift_JIS

If the link doesn't work: translate.google.com -> copy/paste http://homepage2.nifty.com/coelestis/tenchi/monster/monster1.htm in the left side -> press translate.
As it isn't poetry or something very artistic, the words have their 1st meaning which google translate can be pretty good with. Not perfect though.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,445

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Smile the weaknesses are listed, although I wonder how some were found out (Yeti - Water? there is no water weapon in the game as far as I know).
Legend shall speak

Gems 131

Postrayim Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
thanks Smile the weaknesses are listed, although I wonder how some were found out (Yeti - Water? there is no water weapon in the game as far as I know).

Well, tell you the truth, I never payed attention to the weapons in game. Always used the best i had and sometime the rocspear for the boulders.

As far as i see it though, the fact he is water-based is 1.logical and 2.testable: more damage dealt to him with FirePike.

If not, there is a 3rd possibility. Convention. Complete companion's guide or something like that, a big japanese book full of these stuff.

Try 2.: firepike should deal most damage to him.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,445

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rayim wrote:
psychokind wrote:

Well, tell you the truth, I never payed attention to the weapons in game. Always used the best i had and sometime the rocspear for the boulders.

As far as i see it though, the fact he is water-based is 1.logical and 2.testable: more damage dealt to him with FirePike.

If not, there is a 3rd possibility. Convention. Complete companion's guide or something like that, a big japanese book full of these stuff.

Try 2.: firepike should deal most damage to him.

the problem is that the enemies that are vulnerable to fire have fire in their description (as a weakness). and the yeti has water in this description^^
Legend shall speak

Gems 131

Postrayim Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is what i found from that japanese site. A list of all the elemental attributes and other stuff for weapons.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/coelestis/tenchi/weapons/weapons.htm

So i guess he meant ice elemental attribute, not water (the kanjis for ice and water are pretty similar to each other).

LATER EDIT
Laughing Laughing Laughing You made me so curious i dwl the game and some saves. I tried Pyro ring on yeti and had no impact on him. Used blizzard ring and had some ~900 damage. Used lighting ring and had ~400 damage.

So the elements in-game would be these ones?

• fire
  • ice
  • light
  • earth

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,445

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

so yetis are vulnerable to ice. well, they sit in hot springs Very Happy

I'm just leveling up in the cemetary in Louran. I kinda get a feeling about Terranigmas damage system.

the zombies are doing a minimum of 5 dmg to me. I widen my "damage window" with the raising strength points, means where it was 72 - 180 before it's now 172 - 365. the numbers in between come in solid steps (like 172, 192, 223, 272, 338, 365).

I think this will be impossible to calculate for me Laughing

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

try putting together a table of the damage you deal with different strength ratings (change weapons for that, but dont use elemental ones if you can avoid it). there's a minimum point at which your damage will begin to increase.

...do you know the DEF value of the zombies?
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,445

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
try putting together a table of the damage you deal with different strength ratings (change weapons for that, but dont use elemental ones if you can avoid it). there's a minimum point at which your damage will begin to increase.

I will do that, but...

Quote:
...do you know the DEF value of the zombies?

neither that nor the even the LEVEL of the zombies... there are different damage sheets for same types of zombies, which means they have different levels :/

I may have to test my damage sheets according to the enemy. since I want to test at the end in NeoTokio with +1 elexiers, I will have to do different sheets for "different" enemies by finding out which level they are...
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,445

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

there are 4 books in the library of lhoire castle:
- one mentions the protection bell
- one mentions White Wind and the golden statue in the kings room
- one mentions the dog whistle
- one is about the princess "illness"

- although the description of the silver pike says "effective against wolves" it's not

- in torronia, there are these spiders that hang from the ceiling. if you hit them as long as they're still hanging, they get damage without you seeing a number. but it gets added. sometimes they fall "through" the screen if you hit them like that

- the soul in torronia can't be brought outside. it reappears if you go inside again.

- it is possible for enemies to have several weaknesses: the blood skeletons in torronia are vulnerable to fire and light and resistant against ice

- in dragon castle, in the room with the overworld-melina-illusion there are 2 books to read:
1) "It's written in this faded old book... Closed paths are to be opened by one's own feet and none other."
2) "It's written in this faded old book... Six lights illuminate a new road by losing six lights."
1. seems to be a hint for the turbo boots - you can't get there without them though Very Happy
2. seems to be a hint for the room with the 6 candles you have to put out - makes sense, it's the next step after the overworld-melina-illusion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: