TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma with beer? or without?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

On this day, Eurasia was resurrected. !! and im drinking, and its damn fun ahha woo i love this game and its awesome soundtrack
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

eurasia resurrected and youre drinking beer? wheres the vodka at? man... Razz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i was drinking scotch =D
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

still, eurasia = vodka countries
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
still, eurasia = vodka countries

eurasia = europa and asia Very Happy beer, whiskey, wine, not only vodka Very Happy

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

but look at what takes up a damn lot of it Razz
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 63

PostHuball Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...Ark boozes wine in Loire and mescal in Liotto...I think beer would be ok Wink
Kirbyarm
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
you cant enjoy it properly unless its on cartridge. ive played both, and cartridge wins. especially if you have a big tv

Apologies if necro-ing is a crime here. :O

I'd just like to disagree with this statement. A lot of TVs with their built in speakers have rather poor sound quality compared to a surround sound home theatre system (which you can easily get for a computer as well).

Then you are short one HDMI to PC patch cable adapter from playing it on your plasma / flat screen TV anyways. Cartridge is great, I admit, but now that I'm able to do the above and hook an original SNES controller to a USB adapter, I can have just as much fun, if not more by playing it as a ROM.

If that is your only option to play a game locked out of your region and you don't have $200 to pay for the cartridge right away (looking at you, tay), it is no different playing it on cartridge or ROM, unless you have a really crappy computer. Smile
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirbyarm wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
you cant enjoy it properly unless its on cartridge. ive played both, and cartridge wins. especially if you have a big tv

I'd just like to disagree with this statement. A lot of TVs with their built in speakers have rather poor sound quality compared to a surround sound home theatre system (which you can easily get for a computer as well).

Then you are short one HDMI to PC patch cable adapter from playing it on your plasma / flat screen TV anyways. Cartridge is great, I admit, but now that I'm able to do the above and hook an original SNES controller to a USB adapter, I can have just as much fun, if not more by playing it as a ROM.

If that is your only option to play a game locked out of your region and you don't have $200 to pay for the cartridge right away (looking at you, tay), it is no different playing it on cartridge or ROM, unless you have a really crappy computer. Smile

The resolution is bad when playing emulated games on my PC. I have no way to Full-screen the application without distorting the image or fracturing the frame-rate. I have a USB-adapter for standard controllers, but playing video games on my PC just isn't fun. It has never, and will never, compare to playing on my console. Sorry.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Kirbyarm wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

The resolution is bad when playing emulated games on my PC. I have no way to Full-screen the application without distorting the image or fracturing the frame-rate. I have a USB-adapter for standard controllers, but playing video games on my PC just isn't fun. It has never, and will never, compare to playing on my console. Sorry.

I agree with Tay; playing on a console > playing on an emulator. At the moment im inbetween, Im using an adapter on my wii to use a SNES controller for virtual console games, its great Very Happy

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Kirbyarm wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Resolution is bound to be bad if you're playing it on a standard PC monitor. That's why you gotta hook it up to HD quality television, and adjust your emulator graphics plugin properly. ZSNES > snes9x in terms of regular PC monitor display performance. There are actually extra plugins for certain older games to brush up the graphics to make them even better than their original SNES graphics. I <3 technology.
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ZSNES has a high quality setting, HQ2X/HQ3X, which makes it look pretty good. And a PC monitor can be connected to a TV with a USB Scart cable.

I just fixed all of your problems Cool

PIRATES WIN.
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:
ZSNES has a high quality setting, HQ2X/HQ3X, which makes it look pretty good. And a PC monitor can be connected to a TV with a USB Scart cable.

PIRATES WIN.

All of a sudden, I love fazermints. Wink
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well, MAYBE THIS SUMMER I'll finally give it another try. NO PROMISES.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirbyarm wrote:
Fazermint wrote:

PIRATES WIN.

All of a sudden, I love fazermints. Wink

Fazermint popularity +1.

With a usb controller it's pretty much like the real thing Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: