TerraEarth Forums

So I convinced my wife to play Illusion of Gaia...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she does have a point about Will and Kara. They were trapped on a raft together, yes, but the relationship just kind of came out of nowhere. It's been quite a long time since I played the game, so I may be forgetting something, but did Kara show any personality other than "brat" any time before that scene? Or at least any hint of interest in Will?

She seems to have enjoyed the game for what I did; the grim, mature topics that were presented in all seriousness (albeit with a cheesy translation in several cases).

The scene with the Jackal is freaky as hell, but also kind of anti-climactic. You hear about him a few times, and you expect to see him.... and then you do, and he dies seconds later. He doesn't do anything, other than briefly taking Kara hostage. Still one of the more memorable scenes, though.

Good to hear she enjoyed it. Cool Guy

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Translation plays a small part of that, but mostly characters in video games prior to Final Fantasy VI weren't given a lot of exposition. You really just kind of have to believe what the game tells you too without expecting it to convince you.

Also YAY! She beat it! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: